A boat is the woods?

IndyGuy4KI

While on my rides on The Beast I happened to look over to the left during my almost complete stop at the MCBR and saw this red object that resembled a cut ot of a boat. It had red on it, but by the time I tired to focus on what it was and why it was there we were off again. Anyone else seen this?

Well, it technically is no longer a MCBR, as it is not a block brake. It is now used as simply a trim brake with magnetic trims (which are not adjustable unless some of the permanent magnets are removed. Back when they had the skim brakes, that brake shed was in fact used as a block brake section. Under the new braking system, the train must clear lift two, before the next train can leave lift one. Under the old system, the train just had to clear the brake shed before the train left lift one, I believe.

That red object that people have seen by the brake shed, is I believe an object that fits into the bed of a pick up truck. Similar to this:livestock_pickup_caddy1.jpg.

The original blocking allowed for up to 7 trains on the course at once.

Station to lift

Lift to shed

Shed to bottom half of lift 2

bottom half of lift 2 to top of lift 2

lift 2 to final brakes

And there were 2 final brake locations

http://www.bing.com/maps/default.aspx?rtp=...TE4MDA1MzcxMDk0

If the above link works, it should be centered on the MCBR where you can see something bright red back there in the woods. Can't really tell what it is though.

Not even close. The arrow was centered at the intersection of 741 and Kings Island Dr.

Rofl. Yeah, I wasn't sure it would save the location I was centered on. It probably just snapped to the nearest major intersection.

Well, pan over to The Beast and you'll see it.

Well, it technically is no longer a MCBR, as it is not a block brake. It is now used as simply a trim brake with magnetic trims (which are not adjustable unless some of the permanent magnets are removed. Back when they had the skim brakes, that brake shed was in fact used as a block brake section. Under the new braking system, the train must clear lift two, before the next train can leave lift one. Under the old system, the train just had to clear the brake shed before the train left lift one, I believe.

That red object that people have seen by the brake shed, is I believe an object that fits into the bed of a pick up truck. Similar to this:livestock_pickup_caddy1.jpg.

Oh, ok so that is not a MCBR. Thanks! Here I thought I was talking intelligently for once till I read this! :)

People are all the time asking why the train goes so slow up the lift and then sometimes stops before going again (I had a complete stop happen this week on the 1st lift.) I figured out a long time ago by observation that the train ahead of us has to clear the 2nd lift. I guess people don't pay attention to those things like us?

Last time I checked, the electricians had at least one red truck, so they could have been out there looking at something.

Of course, other departments have red trucks as well.

No, definitely was not a truck unless they are making them of what looked like wood boats now. Could it be part of the automaker cutbacks?

Well perhaps you need to define "seven coaster trains" to seven full length wooden coaster trains. There are some rides, like all the Wild Mouse coasters, that feature lots of trains, albeit they are one car trains and not six car trains like on The Beast.

Robbie, who just "had to" to steal the line from Terpy.

Well perhaps you need to define "seven coaster trains" to seven full length wooden coaster trains. There are some rides, like all the Wild Mouse coasters, that feature lots of trains, albeit they are one car trains and not six car trains like on The Beast.

Robbie, who just "had to" to steal the line from Terpy.

Indeed. My point, which perhaps I need to emphasize, is that wooden coaster trains cost far, far more than most would think.

Perhaps we need to clear up the definition of "train." I would argue that Mouse cars are just cars and not trains, as they don't have more than one car linked together. Thank you, though for clearing up that The Beast's brake shed is merely a trim brake and not a mid course trim brake run. (The extra word "trim" was intentional.)

"If you have to ask, you can't afford it!"

Which is precisely why I intend to make my own. ;)