Cabana at Boomerang Bay and parking question

cmcmindiana

Has anyone rented a cabana at Boomerang Bay? Where are they located? Was it a good experience? If it was up to me, I would skip this added expense. But my husband is not an amusement park fan, and tends to get a headache after too much sun exposure (although this never seems to happen when he's on the golf course!). Our plan is to go to KI on both 6/29 and 6/30, spending part of 6/30 at the water park. We will have our 11 and 6 year old daughter's with us. I'm just curious as to anyone's experience with these.

Also, are you allowed to come and go from the parking lot without having to pay a parking fee more than once each day? I went with my parents to Kings Island from the age of 5 to about 16 every year, most of those years were at the old campground. As an adult, I've taken our daughters for the last 3 years, all of those while staying at the Kings Island Resort across the street. This will be the first year that I'm not staying someplace that offers a free shuttle, so will need to drive. We do not have season passes, so no discount there. I'm hoping that if we need a break or want some decent food out of the park, we won't have to pay the parking fee again. Does anyone know?

We got a Cabana last summer and they are VERY NICE! They are right next to the wave pool. You are given a couple complimentary bottles of water and they bring you your menu and go get you food and everything. They are really nice if you just want to relax. The servers and personnel are very friendly and I personally would love to do it again. My mom isn't much of a rider so she would relax at the cabana with my dad while me and my friend went to ride in the park. I highly recommend it!

Thank you for the replies. I did call KI to ask the price of the cabanas, if they were offering a reduced price if you arrived after 5 to add the night before our 2 day tickets, and also the parking question. After being put on hold 5 times by the time the operator was through the 2nd question, I decided to call back for the parking question. When I saw this forum, I thought I may have better luck. I'll probably call them again just to verify. The person I spoke with said she was new, and I'm sure they are still working out all of the answers for their customer service people. Hopefully I'll get a more knowledgeable operator next time. But thank you for your answers.

• Like 1

As for parking, if you are a Gold or Platium pass holder, you can enter as many times each day as you wish. If you pay, keep the receipt they give you. If you leave, you can re-enter the parking lot as long as you present your parking receipt for that day.

• Like 1

• 6 years later...

Yes, you may still rent Cabanas in Soak City at both Breakers and Tidal Wave Bays.

BB1, the salt is on. "The heat is on, it's on the street the heat is on"

(Also probably one of the few who go to the waterpark as much as I did.)

• Like 3

I will clarify my original post about the cabanas:

I was disappointed because the TV had no remote and my hostess said that guests had stolen them and they were not going to replace them, but not everyone is tall enough to reach the touchscreen to change channels. If it is the hottest day in July and you have an elderly person with you, it is very advantageous to have the fridge to keep their meds in and also to provide a cool respite to rest. The towels were provided, a lockbox safe was in there, and cola and water products were supplied. I was quite willing to allow an elderly couple to share it for an hour because there were only 2 of us and it accommodates 6 people. Someone replied in a snotty way, hiding behind their computer screen, that it was not worth their money. It was NOT their money, it was mine. I do not understand why the lack of civility when we are all just trying to enjoy ourselves and help each other with these posts. I appreciate the information that I have read and will be going back next year many times.

I bought a Gold Pass for 2016 w/food and parking. I think I will do okay until really hot weather hits but after that I am willing and appreciative of any people who would like to share the use of cabana, fridge and locker in exchange for help ing me out. I am a widow but rediscovered KI after 40 years. I park at Soak City entrance and haven't ventured to far from there. I am not a thrill rider; just enjoy the wave pool and short walk back to cabana. Please email me privately and if you are a young person, I would need to speak with your parents or adult so they can verify who I am and be assured I am not a nut cake. Only went a few times this year and enjoyed it tremendously. If there are a few of you that is fine because the cabanas will allow 6 wristbands and I know that you will be riding , etc. 

• Like 2