6/2/09 Trip Report and some photos

trevor75

Okay, so here goes my first attempt at a trip report. Enjoy!

My stepson Chase spends the summer with his father, so we always try and do something special for him before he leaves. This year we decided to take him to Kings Island. So he decides he wants to bring a friend from school which is fine so we have a group of 4. I told Chase before he asks anyone to come with us to make sure they have ridden coasters before, only because I am kind of like if you don't want to ride I won't hesitate to leave you behind! Well Chase said he did and his friend Jonathan joins us in our trip.

Off we go and we get to KI later than I wanted due to traffic. As we pull in it wasn't a big deal as most of the lot was pretty empty. We hit the gates enter and away we go. The boys decided the wanted to start on FOF. We make the walk over to X-Base, get in line only about a 15min wait. Chase decides he wants to sit with his mom so I am riding with Jonathan in the back seat! (lets hear it for the back seat). As we load in Jonathan looks over at me and says, "you know this is kind of scary!" I said to him something like well for anyone who has ridden coasters before it is pretty fun and a little different. He then looks at me with the color draining from his face and says, "I have never ridden one before!" This just as the launch us off! So needless to say he was just about done for the day, it looked as if I might be a single rider for the rest of the time.

Next we went right over to FH. Just as we are one train from loading we get: "FH is down and we expect it to be a lengthy delay." So we get out of line and move on to one of my favorite rides Drop Tower.

DT was a walk on. Chase is sitting next to me and has never been on anything like this before. He is a little freaked out when we reached the top, but didn't make a sound all the way down! That is until we got to the bottom, then all of Action Zone busted up in laughter when he screamed "that was so flippin' awesome!" Glad he loved it! Now against my better judgment we decided we needed some drinks to cool off as the temp. was climbing fast. While drink some soda, everyone decided to ride Congo Falls, so why get drinks to cool off when getting soaked will do the same thing for you? Oh well, after getting soaked, Chase and I decided to dry off on Delirium. This was another walk on but it got the two of us dry! We then made the short walk over to Invertigo. This was a longer than I wanted to wait for it about 20 mins but Chase and Tanya wanted to ride and I am not going to pass up a chance to ride a coaster! So we waited and rode it, a little rougher than I remember but still good fun! Next LUNCH!

After a quick bite(chomp)! I always have to ride Viking Fury. So we all piled into one row and I think we were the only ones enjoying the ride. Hands up and and good yell at the end, to let the ride ops know we appreciated them. Then this surprised me somehow we talked Johnathan into riding The Beast! I was shocked so we made our way over to River town! WOOHOO! I got to snap some pictures of Diamondback on the way over! So breath taking. The Beast was a great ride as always and only a one train wait! The double helix is just so awesome since the re-tracking, and since we didn't ride this until about 3:30 it was nice and warmed up! Also the ride ops were doing their best to keep the energy level up and I do love this!. So on to DB.

Wow only a 5 min wait and we got row 15! Not the very back but good enough for my first ride! Yes I said first ride of the year on DB! I have not made it out to the park nearly enough. What sweet bliss this ride is! Down the first hill i yelled in my best Will Farrell voice, "this is glorious!" The full ride was, that is until the break run after the splash down, when we got stuck! My wife Tanya, Chase, Jonathan, Kitten, her husband (Ryan i think), Justin, and I were all on the same train just sitting and enjoying the sun. I got out my camera and snapped a few photos. Then my wife started to freak! We were only there about 15 mins and everything was then running fine. I must say thank you to the ride ops and one of the managers as they tried their best to calm my wife down. Oh by the way we saw Tom76257 waiting in the queue (hope you got your 24 rides in!)

From there after the wife took a little bit of a rest we went on Terpy's favorite ride Wild Thornberry's River Adventure. Well it is a nice little ride, that is until that freaking elephant! My wife decided to duck and i took a shot to the face! But God smiled on me with a little revenge lets just say that when she ducked a certain part of her back side became exposed and well lets just say she had a crack full of water! haha!

More in a minute!

part 2 sorry the first part was so long didn't realize it!

So the boys wanted to play some games so while they hit the midway Tanya and I jumped on the rear seat of Vortex! This was a big mistake for her as her head got beat around pretty good. She is only 5'2" so really she should only ride in seat 5-1 or ride nothing at all on that. So that finished her off for the day which was okay because the boys and I did BLSC two times the the weather started to turn a little ugly. So we called it a day and made the one hour and 45 minute trip home to pick up the little girls.

A very fun day but not as many rides and i would have hoped to get in, I missed some of my favorites like FD, SOB, and AE. Oh well there is always next time.

I am going to get some photos up soon.

Thanks and sorry the first post is so freaking long!

It was so nice to finally meet you! What an experence being stuck on DB!!! It was fun. What was better was the severe weather that came by around 715. Nothing like being in the station and hail beating down on the metal roof! One point in time you couldnt even hear your self think!! wow... anyways nice meeting you and my hubbys name is Ryan :)

Okay these photos are from my 6/2/09 Trip they all read 5/31/09. I dropped the camera on that morning and it stamped all the pictures with the wrong date: OH well!

Chase and Jonathan walking in KI's parking lot

5thGradeCeremony001.jpg

KI from the parking lot

5thGradeCeremony002.jpg

One of my favorites, Monster!

5thGradeCeremony003.jpg

this guy looks like a dark haired version of my nephew Cory Jr.

5thGradeCeremony005.jpg

Ah yes X-Base, home of FOF and Fire(broke down for an extended period of time)Hawk.

5thGradeCeremony006.jpg

a few more pictures!

Drop Tower FTW!

5thGradeCeremony008.jpg

Diamondback goodness

5thGradeCeremony009.jpg

Sploosh!

5thGradeCeremony011.jpg

The boys shouldn't be there but I couldn't resist!

5thGradeCeremony012.jpg

A picture I took while sitting on the stuck Diamondback.

5thGradeCeremony015.jpg

I think there is a KICer down there! Tom and his random numbers!

5thGradeCeremony016.jpg

More Tom I think he is jealous we are stuck.

5thGradeCeremony017.jpg

more in a few

It was so nice to finally meet you! What an experence being stuck on DB!!! It was fun. What was better was the severe weather that came by around 715. Nothing like being in the station and hail beating down on the metal roof! One point in time you couldnt even hear your self think!! wow... anyways nice meeting you and my hubbys name is Ryan :)

Duh i knew that what was i thinking, I just changed it! Thanks!