Strickers Grove's Teddy Bear

Oooh, they're open for my birthday this year, which is the same day KI is having nighttime ERT on Beast. I think I'm going to treat myself with a combo trip to both parks to celebrate my 40th :) Morning and lunch at KI, drive to Stricker's Grove for a few hours on their coasters, etc, then back for dinner and the ERT at KI. I haven't made it to Stricker's yet, although I've been wanting to ever since I first heard of it.

I like how this birthday is shaping up.

• Like 7

Also note that the park hours on that page are off by 4 hours. The park always opens an hour before rides and closes at the same time the rides do.

I will definitely try to get up there during the fair this year. That's also the week before my big vacation so theoretically if I cram a KI trip in there somewhere I can hit 4 parks in a week's time :)

• Like 2

Also note that the park hours on that page are off by 4 hours. The park always opens an hour before rides and closes at the same time the rides do.

Indeed. Looks like the system defaulted to UTC because someone failed to properly set the time zone.

• Like 1

I may hit Stricker's up again on July 14th.

Looks like the shortest route from KI to Stricker's is to take I-71 south to I-275 and head west to Colerain Avenue, exit 33. Then north on US 27 to State Route 128, then west from there a couple of miles. In total...29.8 miles from the park.

• Like 4

It's actually only about a ten minute difference in driving time if I go "directly" to Stricker's versus going by way of KI, from where I live. It will be nice to split the drive into half-hour chunks, too. Since I feel KI is close to me at only a half hour away, I'd have to agree Stricker's is "close" to KI also.

• Like 5

That's how I always go.

Except when I detour to Putz's Creamy Whip!

Speaking of which, they open for the season tomorrow. I need to hit them up either tomorrow or Tuesday (I'm off on Tuesday), especially given that they're literally less than 15 minutes from my house.

• Like 2

30 miles IS close, not close-ish, not sorta-close..... 30 miles is close.  I live 150 miles.... or as a time equation 2.5 hours... away from the park, and I regularly drive 85 to 100 miles each way from my home to Indy and back regularly.  To hop from KI, to Strickers, and back is laughable, and actually a perfect time/excuse to go get lower priced/better quality and service food on the way.   :D

• Like 4

That's how I always go.

Except when I detour to Putz's Creamy Whip!

Well you can always cut over to Colerain since Putz's is over off the Montana Avenue exit on I-74 and head up from there!

I-74 west to Miamitown exit is a straight shot to Stricker's also!

• Like 2

actually a perfect time/excuse to go get lower priced/better quality and service food

...which is indeed something Stricker's has. They don't have a lot of choices, but what they do have is excellent and low priced. After all, they allow you to bring in your own food, so they have to compete with packed lunches. :)

• Like 4

Oooh, they're open for my birthday this year, which is the same day KI is having nighttime ERT on Beast. I think I'm going to treat myself with a combo trip to both parks to celebrate my 40th :) Morning and lunch at KI, drive to Stricker's Grove for a few hours on their coasters, etc, then back for dinner and the ERT at KI. I haven't made it to Stricker's yet, although I've been wanting to ever since I first heard of it.

I like how this birthday is shaping up.

I would make it a point to eat at Stricker's Grove while you're there.  The prices are inexpensive and the food is really good...freshly grilled right there at the pavilion where you order it!

Hopefully it will be less crowded on your birthday than when I was there on their Customer Appreciation Day in October.  I have never seen it so packed!!

• Like 4

Strickers?

I swear I have never seen it that busy.  I only rode Tornado twice, and both times it was lined up back to the Teddy Bear (which was closed by the way).  I also did the train, which was lined up all the way around to the Ferris Wheel exit.  Other than that I just ate.

The weather was beautiful and warm, so I'm sure that had something to do with it. 

• Like 4

I'm hoping that since my birthday is on a Thursday, and they're open to the public Wednesday through Saturday that week, it won't be terribly busy when I go.

Since that makes it fair week...you should be fine.  I've heard the crowds aren't bad during the fair.

...but one hears many things...

• Like 2

• 1 month later...