What level of intensity do you perfer in your rides?

McSalsa

My latest poll asks what level of thrills you perfer in your rides. Here are some examples for the levels, to help you out:

Level 1-

The gentlest of gentle, such as The Grand Carosuel or some of the weakest Nick-U rides.

Level 2-

Gentle Rides such as the Eiffel Tower, or some of the normal kids rides at Nick-U.

Level 3-

Thrill Rides that while thrilling do not induce mega-thrills. Monster, Scrambler, Shake Rattle & Roll...this category applies mostly to the classic flatrides.

Level 4-

Big Thrill Rides that deliver the thrills and could scare little kids. Stuff like Flight Deck, The Racer, etc. fall into this category.

Level 5-

The meanest, biggest, baddest thrill rides in the world! The Beast, Son of Beast, Vortex, Delirium, Flight of Fear, Diamondback...that stuff.

Me: Before my May 16th visit to KI, I would have rode Level 3 rides. But after, I now seek as close to Level 5 as possible!

Wow...I overlooked that. Silly me. :blink:

I expected at least a few non-ultra thrill ride lovers...then again, I don't think anyone can ride mega-thrill ride after mega-thrill ride non-stop all day...can they?

10. Wait, that's not an option? Darn.

Well, I guess level 5 for me. Every once in a while I do prefer to take a small break from the more intense rides, but I love thrill rides. Diamondback, Flight of Fear, Drop Tower, Top Thrill Dragster, Millennium Force, you name it, I'll ride it.

Jackson, who defines the term Ride Warrior.

I tried holding hands up on Voyage and manged it on sections. After the rains Saturday night, the coaster was so forceful that I couldn't keep my hands up the entire time.

Must... lift.... weights!

I chose Level 5 but I will ride all the different sections depending on my mood.

Level 5 for me.

I expected at least a few non-ultra thrill ride lovers...then again, I don't think anyone can ride mega-thrill ride after mega-thrill ride non-stop all day...can they?

Have you met violakat03, pkiboy, and gigacoaster2k? After 6 laps on Raptor (all within about a half hour) on Saturday night's ERT I'd reached my maximum even with Dramamine (I consider myself a "semi-ride warrior! :lol: ) They stayed on for ride #7 and would have gotten an eighth ride if the train in front of them hadn't gotten stuck on the MCBR. They prove the fact that you can ride extreme thrill ride after extreme thrill ride multiple times in a row. I have also witnessed them in action all day long both at Kings Island and at Cedar Point. I myself got 3 laps in a row on Diamondback without having to walk to the exit on my birthday. Some people can handle riding ride after ride while others can't. I used to be in category #2 until I took some Dramamine and noted its effects for the first time.

I'm a category 6 member as well. The bigger, the badder, the better! Some day in my life I will go sky diving and bungee jumping and I absolutely adore scuba diving (which is considered an extreme sport though I'm not real sure why - I find it incredibly relaxing). There's a park up in Wisconsin that specializes in high thrill rides, such as bungee jumping and free fall jumping (basically a 100 ft freefall into a giant net) that I desperately want to go to and ride everything. Their Sky Coaster is probably the tamest thing there!

And I'll second Terpy's El Toro!

beast1979, i love how you say "you name it, i'll ride it", yet you refuse to ride Son of Beast.

as for me, i guess it's a given that i'm a five, being that two of my favorite woodies are Son of Beast and mean streak.

Ok. SOB is on a level on its own, on a level unfathomable (sp?) that only the bravest, yet idiotic, not neccessarily ride warrior people, will ride :lol: .

Oh, really? I think not. In that category go things like Drachen Fire, Batman and Robin: The Chiller the first year, Hurricane at Playland Park in Rye, New York, (ride now gone), Steel Phantom at Kennywood, Thunderbolt at Celebration City (both ride and park now gone), and...for me, Ninja at Six Flags Over Georgia. Also, dare I say it, unless you knew how to ride it, Outer Limits: Flights of Fear at Kings Island and Kings Dominion before the over the shoulder restraints were eliminated. Ditto for the Messrs Freeze in Missouri and Texas.

beast1979, i love how you say "you name it, i'll ride it", yet you refuse to ride Son of Beast.

as for me, i guess it's a given that i'm a five, being that two of my favorite woodies are Son of Beast and mean streak.

Ok. SOB is on a level on its own, on a level unfathomable (sp?) that only the bravest, yet idiotic, not neccessarily ride warrior people, will ride :lol: .

coaster_junky - I think I can speak for Beast1979 when I say that I've heard him say that he doesn't like Son of Beast and that's why he prefers not to ride it. Personally, I don't like (let the chastizing begin...) Vortex. I will only ride it once a season to get the credit, or to ride with someone that doesn't want to ride it by themselves.

Diamondback FOF - I'm with Terpy on this one. I've read some things about Drachen Fire and Steel Phantom that weren't too positive. Also, PLEASE don't say that you have to be idiotic to ride Son of Beast, even if it's meant as a joke. I love the ride and am completely sane. If you haven't yet please read the last sentence of my post on the "Beast or Son of Beast" topic.

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?...mp;#entry305277

Son of Beast is the only ride that has ever bothered my back injury. The side-to-side shuffling of the new trains is something it just cannot handle. However, I have ridden it multiple times (I used to adore it with the loop) and will continue to ride it on rare occasion because I absolutely love the first drop. The rest of the ride ... meh. But a 200 foot drop on a woodie is something I can't stay away from indefinitely.

And Terpy - I haven't figured out how Ninja ended up an honorable mention on your list. Now, I've never ridden any of the others on your list, but Ninja was downright awful. It's the only ride I've ever come off of with a headache so bad I had to stop and buy Tylenol! Far worse than FOF with the OTSRs, though that was pretty bad as well.

For those that are suggesting you can't be a Ride Warrior unless you ride everything ... Jackson and I are all about the bigger and badder the thrill, the better. Rides like Ninja have no thrill and all pain. It's just a multi-looper (and a Vekoma at that!!) with, IMO a boring layout compared to Vortex. After the first drop, Son of Beast is a pointless ride if you ask me. I've never turned down a ride just for credit due to the violence of it, but I definitely have no intention of ever riding Ninja again. However, rides that usually scare the pants off of people (such as Top Thrill Dragster) due to their height or speed, tend to be our favorites. :)

About every three years, I ride Ninja at SFOG just to remind me why I don't ride it. I would NOT do that for Drachen Fire, Steel Phantom or the others on my primary list. Actually, in retrospect, I think the worst I ever got beaten on a ride was by Mr. Freeze in St. Louis back in the Over The Shoulder Restraint Days. I literally came off that ride seeing 22 stars...or more.

Son of Beast is the only ride that has ever bothered my back injury. The side-to-side shuffling of the new trains is something it just cannot handle. However, I have ridden it multiple times (I used to adore it with the loop) and will continue to ride it on rare occasion because I absolutely love the first drop. The rest of the ride ... meh. But a 200 foot drop on a woodie is something I can't stay away from indefinitely.

And Terpy - I haven't figured out how Ninja ended up an honorable mention on your list. Now, I've never ridden any of the others on your list, but Ninja was downright awful. It's the only ride I've ever come off of with a headache so bad I had to stop and buy Tylenol! Far worse than FOF with the OTSRs, though that was pretty bad as well.

For those that are suggesting you can't be a Ride Warrior unless you ride everything ... Jackson and I are all about the bigger and badder the thrill, the better. Rides like Ninja have no thrill and all pain. It's just a multi-looper (and a Vekoma at that!!) with, IMO a boring layout compared to Vortex. After the first drop, Son of Beast is a pointless ride if you ask me. I've never turned down a ride just for credit due to the violence of it, but I definitely have no intention of ever riding Ninja again. However, rides that usually scare the pants off of people (such as Top Thrill Dragster) due to their height or speed, tend to be our favorites. :)

I agree^^ the drop is awesome but the rest just hurts. They should destroy everything else but the drop and the curve at the top and make a station at the top of the track and at the bottom shout be a long water brake that slows it down nicely, and you still get that awesome thrill of the drop. lol

• 3 weeks later...

oh dont be silly. Of course they can. I do all the time!!

You've obviously never met Gigacoaster2k :)

I voted 5, but occasionally I like to kick back and enjoy a medium intensity flat ride such as Scrambler or Monster.