iPhone Guide to KI

KIAlumnus

Has anyone out there with and iPhone or and iPod touch notice that people are starting to make apps that are digital park maps with all kinds of features on it?

For example, some of the apps i have seen for Disney world use the built in GPS feature to show you where you are in the park. This way, the app can tell you what attractions, restaurants, games, restrooms, etc are nearby.

In addition, the app also tells you the price of the menu items for the restaurants.

Does anyone know if anyone is working on one for Kings Island. If I had the know-how and the time, I would definitely build it.

Here are some ideas I would include

1. GPS feature to show you where you are and nearest attactions, etc.

2. Description of the rides with all of the info that you find in the paper map at the park.

3. Restaurant menu with prices.

4. Description of the games (maybe a few secrets on how to win the game)

5. Ride wait times. There are apps out there that allow for many people to simply press a few buttons to record their wait time and it goes to a server where people with the app can see it. (this is an example of the ride times. be sure to read the description to see how it works Ride times ).

What are your thoughts?

Anyone else have any ideas on what they would add to this app?