Avoiding the front gate photographers

KIAlumnus

Of course one of the first things you encounter when you enter the park is the staff photographers for "Key Hole Photo".

The group i go with dread this part and we always split up like fish do when you put your hand in the fish tank. At times, I have ducked in a store to avoid my picture.

Does anyone else do that? Does anyone have any good stories about this?

And they work on commission. For that reason, I will on occasion let them take my picture, though I have no intention of buying it. At Kings Island, do they get paid by the number of pictures they take or the number of pictures they take that are purchased? I have seen parks and their vendors do it both ways...

• Like 1

Honestly, it takes two seconds. Just let them take the picture. Makes them happy and you don't have to avoid them. There is no obligation to buy.

Couldn't agree more... I always stop and smile for a second and don't mind... After all, if my kids and I died in a car wreck on our way home, our family could find that little pink card and buy our last pic online......

Well the people at Canada's Wonderland wanted to get a picture of my whole family, just us 3 kids, and then just the parents... kind of weird, and at Cedar Point there's this one lady that walks around the entire park trying to take pictures. I see her everywhere.

I usually say no thank you but I did stop with giga for one on opening day that I later purchased. I don't see a point in being rude to them. I've been on the receiving side of enough unnecessary rudeness that I do my best to be polite and understanding to everyone.

Posted from my BlackBerry mobile device.

Honestly, it takes two seconds. Just let them take the picture. Makes them happy and you don't have to avoid them. There is no obligation to buy.

Couldn't agree more... I always stop and smile for a second and don't mind... After all, if my kids and I died in a car wreck on our way home, our family could find that little pink card and buy our last pic online......

OMG!!! THATS HORRIBLE!!! remind me to smack you next time i see you for that! :P

but i agree its 10 secs no biggy. its more fun when you do stupid stuff/make dumbass faces :P

I just act like I'm on my cell phone.

ok i have been guilty of this one before :P

When I go I try to take as many of those as possible.

My group will pass by, get one from every person, wait til shifts change and walk through again :lol:

Do you really?

Wow! Just wow! That is so funny, but yet it's not. Don't think like that, please.

Usually we let them take our pictures in past years, but this year they haven't really taked us to take our pictures. Also, sometimes we do just say no thanks.