Avoiding the front gate photographers

KIAlumnus

Just be nice to them. Their job sucks and I bet they don't like it. Their feet probably hurt so give them a break and take ten seconds to get your picture taken.

I find it difficult to avoid being approached by them for my picture, as I have often been told I have a golden personality. However, I'm also wanted in 10 states and the District of Columbia, so I try to avoid getting my picture taken at all costs. After all, someone might get my picture, and then someone else might recognize me, or they might employ facial recognition software, and then I'm in trouble. So I avoid getting my picture taken.

I usually just tell them, "Thank you, but no thanks."

Well me and my friend Jackie are just rude, right before they take the pic,we run away as fast as we can. So if you see 2 blonds running away from one of them,thatd be us :)

This is by far the best response. I'm tempted to do that myself.

Typically I will quietly wander away from my group and let them get harassed and then I rejoin them afterwards.

I don't think my family has ever bought one of the pictures from the front gate. We have bought other pictures, though.

At the bottom of the of the claim ticket there is a web address Kamans Photogra where you can view the picture online. The site even allows you to set up a account that will save the pictures. You can then view it at anytime or even order prints at a later date. I have had pictures saved at the site as far as 7 years ago. It is free and easy to do.

Just be nice to them. Their job sucks and I bet they don't like it. Their feet probably hurt so give them a break and take ten seconds to get your picture taken.

I find it difficult to avoid being approached by them for my picture, as I have often been told I have a golden personality. However, I'm also wanted in 10 states and the District of Columbia, so I try to avoid getting my picture taken at all costs. After all, someone might get my picture, and then someone else might recognize me, or they might employ facial recognition software, and then I'm in trouble. So I avoid getting my picture taken.

I usually just tell them, "Thank you, but no thanks."

Um....

Honestly, it takes two seconds. Just let them take the picture. Makes them happy and you don't have to avoid them. There is no obligation to buy.

Couldn't agree more... I always stop and smile for a second and don't mind... After all, if my kids and I died in a car wreck on our way home, our family could find that little pink card and buy our last pic online......

OMG!!! THATS HORRIBLE!!! remind me to smack you next time i see you for that! :P

but i agree its 10 secs no biggy. its more fun when you do stupid stuff/make dumbass faces :P

I just act like I'm on my cell phone.

ok i have been guilty of this one before :P

I don't think its horrible at all! In fact, I think it would be a good way for them to remember us so that they would know we died happy!

I don't think my family has ever bought one of the pictures from the front gate. We have bought other pictures, though.

At the bottom of the of the claim ticket there is a web address Kamans Photogra where you can view the picture online. The site even allows you to set up a account that will save the pictures. You can then view it at anytime or even order prints at a later date. I have had pictures saved at the site as far as 7 years ago. It is free and easy to do.

I also look at the pics online & usually click to save...

I know we have a tendency to joke about the picture takers at the front of the park. But for many families that photo of them together will mean something special to them in future years to come. Having recently lost both my parents, I know how special pictures can be.

A girl took a nice strategy while taking my groups picture. Right after our group picture she said "Alright, how about all of the girls together" so she took one of them and then one of all of us guys. I thought that was clever.

• 4 weeks later...

I work at Keyhole photo and the things people do everyday just amazes me.

Have any of you ever thought that our parents made us get summer jobs and this is all that is open for hiring?

I have to pay for a car, insurance, and school.

At least we are out there working and not sitting on our asses playing video games and eating ****.

We dont like attacking you or being out there for 5 hours straight watching our friends snub us to go ride rides. Our job really does suck and on top of that people are SOOOOOO rude. (preteens are the worst!)

By the end of the day I am so sunburnt, my legs hurt, and i have been told off by at least 20 ppl to only have made about 50 bucks.

so next time you say something ****ty or waste our time put yourself in our position.

who likes being *****ed out everyday?

oh and btw we have a certain shooting percentage we have to make every hour or we are in trouble and we get paid hourly with bonuses for pictures sold.

oh and we are told to be full of energy and second ask ppl and do everything you ppl pointed out or we will get into trouble.

pioloty

Wow, that is an awesome word.

While in high school, my friends and I had fun trying to sneak by the photo people without them seeing us. We'd hum the James Bond theme while doing so. I'm sure we looked so freakin' cool.

Now, I usually just get the picture taken with my fiance and we go on our way.

You should have done the Mission Impossible theme.

I got sick of this from my local park. On my first visit to KI many years ago when I seen that I had to put up with it here too I could not resist taking out my camera and saying the same thing "Stop right there let me take your photo".

Have any of you ever thought that our parents made us get summer jobs and this is all that is open for hiring?

At least we are out there working and not sitting on our asses playing video games and eating ****.

We dont like attacking you or being out there for 5 hours straight watching our friends snub us to go ride rides. Our job really does suck and on top of that people are SOOOOOO rude. (preteens are the worst!)

By the end of the day I am so sunburnt, my legs hurt, and i have been told off by at least 20 ppl to only have made about 50 bucks.

so next time you say something ****ty or waste our time put yourself in our position.

oh and btw we have a certain shooting percentage we have to make every hour or we are in trouble and we get paid hourly with bonuses for pictures sold.

oh and we are told to be full of energy and second ask ppl and do everything you ppl pointed out or we will get into trouble.

i'm sorry to hear you hate your job, and i must ask do you get in trouble for people not buying the picture or you not having enough pictures taken?

If you really hate your job that much, go find another one. I'm sure if there aren't other opportunities in the park that interest you then one of your local fast food restaraunts is probably hiring.

Have you ever considered that the problem is your language?

I have found going through the gates alone (which is 99% of the time I go to the park) will stop that. ON the other hand, I dont have any ill will to them-they are trying to make a living like the rest of us. Instead of showing your a$ which most of the public does on a regular basis, a polite no thank you would do a lot better. I sympathize with you my friend. I am in a public service position as well, and in the line of fire of nasty people hourly. And then have to put up with the boss saying your numbers aren't good enough. There are better jobs out there, unfortunately not enough of them. Vent all you want!!

I am in a public service position as well, and in the line of fire of nasty people hourly... Vent all you want!!

I agree...I didn't take his post that bad...I found it very enlightening and I have sympathy for what seems to be a lot harder job than I envisioned.