New Coaster?

btcain

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Economy Has Really no effect on the park they still get the same income as normal and probably more this year with DB, and if they build a new coaster bigger and faster than DB then even more people will come to the park.

To end it they have plenty of money and plenty of land.

The economy has plenty of effect on theme parks. Bad economy means more attendance at regional and local parks like Kings Island (As recent numbers have shown, if I recall), but less at Destination parks like Disney, Cedar Point, and Universal. Simply because regional parks are a way for families to have fun for a relatively small cost.

and if they build a new coaster bigger and faster than DB then even more people will come to the park.

To Put it quite simply, no. The idea of "If you build it, they will come" is no longer valid. That was coaster wars era, which ended with TTD and KK. These days people don't want bigger, faster, longer, they aren't concerned with records. Apparently they want unique, innovative, new ideas. A simple launch and big hill won't suffice very well.

To end it they have plenty of money and plenty of land.

If only, if only. Most of the land Kings Island owns is difficult to develop, and Kings Island has boxed themselves in in a sense and it would be difficult to build in those areas. And plenty of money? God, I wish.

I think that either you or that particular employee is "yanking someone's chain." I would call it highly unlikely, since that could give us a coaster in two years, which is possible. But with the economy, I just don't know. Also, I dobt a regular employee would know such information, especially this early.

You just said the economy has no effect on Kings Island. Now your throwing the economy into the mix, saying you don't know?

I think that either you or that particular employee is "yanking someone's chain." I would call it highly unlikely, since that could give us a coaster in two years, which is possible. But with the economy, I just don't know. Also, I dobt a regular employee would know such information, especially this early.

You just said the economy has no effect on Kings Island. Now your throwing the economy into the mix, saying you don't know?

I think KINGSISLANDMASTER was trying to quote something that I said, as I said that word for word in post #4.

Is the terrain some what like where Diamondback stands?

I think the land behind FOF and FH is worse than where Diamondback stands.

You never know x-base could become it's own section.I really think they will do something like Top Thrill Dragster because x-base seems like a off limits goverment area and something tall and fast would be perfect for that they could theme like Flight of Fear.

I do like the idea of an X-Base area....would like to see some ideas for how it'd work.

I'm not sure a TTD would work for KI.

Cheap? If you call about half the cost of Diamondback cheap, yes...

Otherwise, no.

I wouldn't be expecting a coaster that costly in the short term. Kings Island just got over a third of Cedar Fair's capex this year....a major coaster isn't likely to happen again that quickly.

It still is a lot cheaper. Besides, it is a great ride, have you even ridden it?

Also, I never said right away, three years, maybe, for research.

Maybe you should learn about roller-coasters before you deny an idea.

Did you really just say that to Terpy? Maybe you should learn more about the people on this site before you tell people to do things. He knows more about roller coasters than most people on here. He has ridden many roller coasters and other rides that you've never even heard of. He was not denying your idea, he just said it probably won't happen in the next few years.

Otherwise, no.

I wouldn't be expecting a coaster that costly in the short term. Kings Island just got over a third of Cedar Fair's capex this year....a major coaster isn't likely to happen again that quickly.

It still is a lot cheaper. Besides, it is a great ride, have you even ridden it?

Um...wow... saying that to Terpy? Hang around here long enough and you'll realize that Terpy is a wealth of knowledge in pretty much all things in the industry. If Terpy says it, it's pretty much going to be true... unless he says Magnum is a B&M, but he knows better. ;)

I completely agree with you Terpy. I think were all just Diamondback mad, and we want a huge installment(like or better than DB) to happen really soon. Which more and likely will not happen unfortunately.

If or when we do get another B&M I would love to see ki get a invert! Last time I talked to the guys with Ohio state Dept. of Agriculture they commented that ki saved a lot of money going with B&M since it's manufactured right in our back yard... Just start calling me Terpy jr. :lol: let the comments begin!

Otherwise, no.

Um...wow... saying that to Terpy? Hang around here long enough and you'll realize that Terpy is a wealth of knowledge in pretty much all things in the industry. If Terpy says it, it's pretty much going to be true... unless he says Magnum is a B&M, but he knows better. ;)

a. Mr. Brown: I think I have ridden every INTAMIN twisted impulse coaster in America. Can you say the same? Did you even know that was what they are? My favorites, by far, are the ones that have the one end that is not twisted...a spike, with a holding brake. Like Six Flags Worlds Of Adventure had...which, by the way is the coaster that created the need for Cedar Point to respond...the INTAMIN impulse coaster with twists at both ends was created merely to be different. In my humble opinion, it is not only not a better ride, but has created major major maintenance problems for the park. Cedar Point has had to have that coaster reinforced several times, including, most recently, last winter.

b. Mr. Gator: I never said Magnum was a B & M...I said Millennium Force is the tallest B & M ever built...and CoastersRZ called me on it....almost instantly. It was a brain spasm. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Excuse me, I intend no such thing. And I still say the money situation is such you will not see a new coaster at Kings Island for quite some time.

Cedar Fair may not even own the park by then.

Ride companies, like INTAMIN, not Cedar Fair, design and engineer the rides these days. Cedar Fair will not be doing that.

And if you know me so well, why can't you spell my name?

Kings Island got two coasters nearly back to back as well...one called Firehawk, the other Diamondback...and just wait and see...we may well see a coaster at Kings Island, but given the level of capital expenditure seen there this year, it's not likely in the short term future. Then again, it IS Cedar Fair....Dick Kinzel has been as successful as he has by often doing the totally unpredictable.

Kings Island got two coasters nearly back to back as well...one called Firehawk, the other Diamondback...and just wait and see...we may well see a coaster at Kings Island, but given the level of capital expenditure seen there this year, it's not likely in the short term future. Then again, it IS Cedar Fair....Dick Kinzel has been as successful as he has by often doing the totally unpredictable.

Yes but we did have 2008 with no major new ride, but Carowinds opened Carolina Cobra this year and is already began construction on a new coaster to open in 2010