New Coaster?

btcain

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure, now Standup coasters havn't been built since 1999 by B&M. I expect one in the near future, but its all up to the parks who contract with B&M. I could see KI Getting a flat in coney mall. Probably in between The Racer and Vortex. Maybe a ferris wheel, or something like Delirium or the Crypt.

Why would they put anything in like Delirium or The Crypt? If I'm not mistaken, we already have those exact rides....no?

Sure, now Standup coasters havn't been built since 1999 by B&M. I expect one in the near future, but its all up to the parks who contract with B&M. I could see KI Getting a flat in coney mall. Probably in between The Racer and Vortex. Maybe a ferris wheel, or something like Delirium or the Crypt.

Why would they put anything in like Delirium or The Crypt? If I'm not mistaken, we already have those exact rides....no?

While Delirium is most certainly staying, it's looking like The Crypt is leaving after this season (or before, if it's THAT broken). So maybe we can get a normal top spin in Coney Mall.

• 2 weeks later...

haha "coney island rocks",that is a sweet pic! and i think its very unlikely that thre will b any new coaster at KI in this economy, ye4s even a flat ride. I would like to c on eon the old king cobra site

...and i would love to see a ride like ttg at Kings Island :D

Did you mean TTD?

I don't think we would get one of those unless its going to break KK's record.

TTD is fun, but I'd rather see a ride that is longer then 20 seconds. A B&M Floorless or Invert would be awesome, or a giga intamin :) Getting a giga though would probably have the same chance of getting a TTD look a like :(

Apparently, by the way things are looking, i wouldnt be suprised to see a new flat in Coney Mall next year. I do feel however, that according to multiple reports, KD is going to be the park with all the coaster hype next year. <_<

...and i would love to see a ride like ttg at Kings Island :D

Did you mean TTD?

I don't think we would get one of those unless its going to break KK's record.

TTD is fun, but I'd rather see a ride that is longer then 20 seconds. A B&M Floorless or Invert would be awesome, or a giga intamin :) Getting a giga though would probably have the same chance of getting a TTD look a like :(

B&M Invert FTW! (for the win).

Although, I wouldn't get your hopes up... Your lookin' at a possible 5 years for another coaster.

Stranger things have happened (2000-Millennium Force, 2001-Wicked Twister, 2003-Top Thrill Dragster)

But I do believe that the "5 years" idea is a bit far. How long does it take before a ride pays for itself and we can start investing in another major attraction? Diamondback is about to get one million, that's 1,000,000, rides this season, and we haven't hit Halloween Haunt yet. Plus, where do you think Cedar Fair will be in 5 years? I see them adding rides very frequently for the next few years to keep them from hitting bankruptcy to soon.

• 2 weeks later...
I see them adding rides very frequently for the next few years to keep them from hitting bankruptcy to soon.

I don't

Given the economy most people this year are not going on long vacations to a beach for example (not the water park lol), instead they are seeking cheaper and closer alternatives. This year they will have a great year. Adding rides that cost millions is going to do nothing more then add to the debt. These coasters do bring in riders, but I don't believe they bring in enough to keep them from bankruptcy. I guess they could go the other route and just add rides for the hell of it. Hey they are going to go bankrupt, might as well go out in style. :P

Stranger things have happened (2000-Millennium Force, 2001-Wicked Twister, 2003-Top Thrill Dragster)

If I am correct, Wicked Twister debuted in 2002. I just find it interesting that they have had 4 coasters ever since the new Millennium (can be used both ways), and they were all Intamins.

Is there a chance the B&M contract has KI getting more coasters in the next few years or just Cedar Fair parks other than KI in that contract? How does the contracts usually work? I'm wondering if it would be in a row or every other few years we could possibly get something new???

I see them adding rides very frequently for the next few years to keep them from hitting bankruptcy to soon.

I don't

Given the economy most people this year are not going on long vacations to a beach for example (not the water park lol), instead they are seeking cheaper and closer alternatives. This year they will have a great year. Adding rides that cost millions is going to do nothing more then add to the debt. These coasters do bring in riders, but I don't believe they bring in enough to keep them from bankruptcy. I guess they could go the other route and just add rides for the hell of it. Hey they are going to go bankrupt, might as well go out in style. :P

I can definitely tell the economy isn't doing too well and people can't afford to go on vacations so much. I don't think I've ever seen KI constantly crowded on Mondays and Tuesdays. People are staying home more and doing local things, like going to KI.

Hmmmm.

Kings Dominion

Carowinds

And others I shant be listing here.

Yet.

Would Cedar Point and Canada's Wonderland be a part of the 'others'? :lol:

Is there a chance the B&M contract has KI getting more coasters in the next few years or just Cedar Fair parks other than KI in that contract? How does the contracts usually work? I'm wondering if it would be in a row or every other few years we could possibly get something new???

There was a rumor I heard that CF had contracted B&M for three hyper coasters: CW, KI, and Carowinds (supposedly).

Does anybody else assume Terpy as:

Chuck Norris

and

Hagrid from Harry Potter, always seem to be saying...I shouldn't of told you that, I should not of told you that lol?

Anyone? Excpet Terpy offers insight, that you have to decrypt(sp?) [i know terpy is going to say something about, Oh no no one has to decrpt my messages, but Kings Island needs to decrypt itself.... :)]