Going to Holiday World

Hello everybody! :lol:

I just found out earlier today that a friend of mine(yeah, I went to KI with him, rode The Beast at Night with him)is taking me to Holiday World with me later this month (June 2009). I simply want to know:

-Are the 3 big wooden roller coasters as good as I have heard?

-Will Voyage surpass Beast and become my new #1 coaster?

-How long are the lines at Holiday World, compared to Kings Island?

-What rides, apart from the coasters, are worth riding?

-Where is the best food at HW?

That's about it. Thanks for any advice. And I will post a trip report when I return!

If you all go during the week, and do not try to ride Raven first thing in the morning you should not have to wait more than a couple of cycles for any ride. Now in the water park the lines tend to get be about around 30ish minutes for the big slides like bakuli.

After riding the Voyage The Beast is a snooze fest for me!

All the food in Holiday World is good, and very inexpensive, check out there web page to find the stuff you might like. Also make sure and get a couple blocks of fudge, they have all kinds, and is some of the best I have ever had.

Thanks for the advice, but I'm pretty sure we're going on a weekend...I'll see if we can go on a weekday, however.

And if Voyage makes Beast a "snooze fest", It will easily become my new #1 coaster! I've seen POV videos on youtube and such, it does look awesome. I can't believe wooden roller coasters managed to go sideways!

But what about Raven & Legend...

OK, 2 awesome wooden coasters in Voyage & Raven. Those alone justify the price of admission. Heck, Voyage alone does that. ;)

Sounds like Holiday World is going to be AWESOME. Could it get any better?

(Remembers the free drinks)

It just did.

Many will tell you Legend is a splendid coaster, in their opinion. Who cares what others think, or even what I think? Go find out for yourself. It's your opinion that counts!

That is what truly matters. I doubt there is a ride in ANY park that has zero people who like it.

Hmm...I probably shouldn't overlook the flatrides either, though. Any of them at Holiday World stand out?

I know of Liberty Launch, which looks fun. And they have a bunch of classic flatrides like the Spider Ride, Scrambler, Tilt-A-Whirl...wait, I just figured it out myself. I should ride some of those timeless classics.

And that's NOT counting the water rides.

Raven is...in my opinion, simply one of the best wooden coasters in America.

Terpy, who said something nice about Holiday World (and who said many nice things about Holiday World back when Pat managed it without 'help'....)

Hmmm - I had been wondering why in other posts you seemed to like Holiday World, and the park, and the rides, and Pat Koch, but also seemed to indicate you'd not go back.

You must ride their version of the Spider--Paul Revere's Midnight Ride, which I think is the second best in the country, behind only Camden Park's...but do not do so if you cannot handle a wild, spinny ride. Monster at Kings Island it is not...

The log flume is also quite nice.

Oh, I can handle the Spider Rides. I like them a good bit.

But why theme one to Paul Revere? That's kinda weird.

But alas, weird can sometimes be good.

I love the gobbler getaway, I take many laps on it. Also the I am the master at the Jungle Racer, I do not think I have every had anyone beat me on that thing, its a blast! Also with Bakuli the more weight you have on that thing the better, last year I had a ride with 3 others and we were really close to the weight limit on it, it is probably the best water park ride I have ever had, it was very fast, and completely disorientating.

The Legend is an outstanding ride, the back seat on the first drop has amazing airtime with a strong lateral pull to it.

I have gone on many Sundays, and the crowds are much better than Saturday, either way the earlier in June the better, or Fathers day weekend it tends to be a little lighter those days.

Another good thing is they do not have a ridiculous rain policy they will run the coasters in a heavy downpour, as long as there is no lightning in the area

I know you mean no lightning...but for many years Holiday World had NO in park lighting...and closed before dusk. That was one of the many things that made Stark Raven Mad so special...it was the only real opportunity to ride that coaster in the dark. And dark it was! Attendees were led around by park employees with flashlights!