The Old Helecopter

MrTools

After living right underneath a major flight path for CVG for 20 years, I don't want to hear about noise concerns from a helicopter.

Let that guy go and live next to an airport and then move back, it will be like a whole new house for him!

Anyway, never got into the whole helicopter flight idea.

It amazed me that the park even offered helo rides..and I recall watching many flights come and go when it was operating. They had a 30 min flight that took you around the park or a 60 min flight that took you to downtown cincy and back..I never understood why someone would give up an hour and about 40 bucks as I recall to fly over an area they just came from! aside from the unique experience it offered, I'm sure the overhead on the copter had to negate any profit made by the park.

That guy is a complete jackball. Like Vietnam? Come on.. Try living on OSU south campus right by the hospitals and helicopters practically landing on your dorm roof. Or in the campus area in the CMH flight path (not as bad as CVG), and always have the police chopper hovering over the area, along with the hospital helicopters. Besides, how popular were the helicopter flights? Didn't seem overly popular. It didn't really bother me here and it was fairly constant, so how can a few times a day, TOPS, be that bad? Come on..

I remember taking the ride for like $15 one day and since I was the first ride of the day, I got to go to the small airport and fill up on gas. I thought the helicopter ride was pretty sweet and offered a unique view of the park.

That guy is a complete jackball. Like Vietnam? Come on.. Try living on OSU south campus right by the hospitals and helicopters practically landing on your dorm roof. Or in the campus area in the CMH flight path (not as bad as CVG), and always have the police chopper hovering over the area, along with the hospital helicopters. Besides, how popular were the helicopter flights? Didn't seem overly popular. It didn't really bother me here and it was fairly constant, so how can a few times a day, TOPS, be that bad? Come on..

I grew up in Western Hills which was in the take off/landing pattern of CVG and the after being in West Chester for 12 years and away from it I am now in Columbus at Ohio State where I have the same thing. Anything coming to or out of Port Columbus plus all the medicare flights coming into the hospitals in the area make having on helicoptor seem like nothing.

I have ridden in a helicoptor once when visiting Niagara Falls, and I must say that it was a really cool experience, and thus could see the draw for it being at an amusement park. But at the same time if I go to Kings Island its to ride roller coasters, not to pay to ride in a helicopter

I never got to go up in it, as I just never had the money but I would have loved to. I've never been up in a helicopter and think it would have been cool to see the park from the air.

I grew up under Wright Patt's flight path. We get the big cargo jets flying low over our house daily. I lived on OSU's south campus for a year and didn't even realize it was under a flight path because I completely tune out aircraft noise. When I lived in Memphis, we were under one of FedEx's flight paths and every now and then my husband would make a comment about the airplane flying over and I'd say "what airplane?" I just don't even notice them.

That would have been cool. As far as noise goes-I lived in the flight path of Oceana NAS for 4 years-every 3 minutes, they would fly directly over the house and land. Every summer they would have an air show as well, and the Blue Angels would do their thing and pass over the house with what seemed a few feet of clearance. The first month being there was rough, but you adapt. I cant imagine a helicopter being that bad....

I don't remember the helicopter being all that noisy, but then again I spent 6 years in and around twin-engine UH-1N Iroquois (usually called 'Hueys') in the air force, so smaller choppers like flight crew's seem quieter to me by comparison. It was neat to see the helicopter at Kings Island, but I never got a chance to ride it.

Incidentally, except for the trees, that area of the park looked eerily similar to the helicopter area of the base where I was stationed, Malmstrom AFB, Montana, which is notorious for.........UFO sightings. :blink: Uncanny.