First Ride cheaters

Coaster Kid

I was waiting for DB yesterday and started to talk to someone who looked really nervous. I asked him why he was so nervous and he said he never rode it before. But he was wering a DB first rider shirt on. I asked him where he got it and he said Ebay. I thoguht that wasent fair but said nothing more about the shirt and started to tell him its a fun ride. when I got home that night I checked Ebay to see if it was true. I found out that people are selling there DB first rider shirts on Ebay. Does anyone think that it is strange that people would do it?

It's a free country. If you own an item and someone is willing to pay you money for it and they offer you a price you are willing to accept, you are free to complete that transaction. End of story, IMO.

--Beatle, who wouldn't pay a nickel for a Cabbage Patch Kid or a Beanie Baby, but knows that there are others who exercise their right to do so.

Honestly I dont care about the apparel of others.

What to you is strange about someone realizing that out there is a person that will pay money for a shirt that says "first rider?"

I doubt anyone selling those shirts on ebay finds them in some great moral dilema about selling their shirt to someone who was not a first rider.

I can honestly say that seeing someone in a first rider shirt certainly doesnt make me think any higher of them.

In my opinion I think that if you get a shirt for being the first rider you should keep it and that way you can show it off, wear it with pride, and you an always have proof to say that you were one of the first riders on KI's biggest and baddest coaster. As for selling them on Ebay, I do not think it is considered cheating. If you want a shirt that bad to buy one on ebay instead of going to get a much nicer one in the gift shop then more power to you.

Here's a wonderful little question on this topic:

If someone wants to sell their "limited edition" shirt to make a few bucks, who are we to stop them? Also, who are we to judge someone, and for that matter, care who wears those shirts?

Tom, who is now thinking of a certain enthusiast group who loves their shirts a little TOO much...

I believe there are two different versions of the "First Rider" shirts; a generic one that just says "First Rider" and the King of all "First Rider" shirts which have a number on the back of them; I've seen a few of these and I would guess that they are rare and special.

I was hoping they would of given us something for riding during the commersal shoot. We did have free drinks and snacks which was nice, I could make it opening day this year so I'll just buy a first rider shirt on e-bay. muahahahahah!

^^ You should consider yourselves lucky that they had employees riding before they had the general public ride. That allowed the crews to be faster and better prepared for people.

I clearly heard at ACE Winter SOAR that no one would ride before the first riders to preserve the integrity of the first riders auction. Then they had media day and employee ride day, and they let maintenance crews and their family and friends ride it too, along with media day members' family and friends. If the money hadn't been going to such a great cause, I would have yanked my bid.

I think they meant for it to be first riders for the general public on opening day, I did not partake in the auction but I have giving money to them in the past. I think ki did a good job putting DB through its paces to ensure that it would run by opening day. Working with the guys from Dept. of Agucalture they braged about how great they all did!