Best Element on a KI Coaster

TheCryptRaider

Now, I can't really do a poll on this, because there are so many, but I just wanted to make a thread discussing your favorite elements on KI rides. Mine would have to be a tie between The Beast's double helix and Diamondback's second hill. What you pick can be still running, or can be defunct (i.e.: SOB's loop, KC's loop, etc.)

This is a nice topic, But a tough one! Top Gun has one of the best first drops at Kings Island, with all the floater air and in the trees. I love SOB's biggest drop and second double helix. I love this one hill on Adventure Express it's a little before the head choppers. I love Firehawk's loop. I love The corkscrew and Immelman-ish element on Flight of Fear. I love all those Hills on Racer. I love the biggest drop on Vortex on seat 7-1, and I love it's Last Helix alot! Can't beat the Double Helix on Beast! I love everything about Diamondback, but It's Second Hill is probably best. Honestly, I don't know whats my favorite Element at Kings Island, there is too many!

Gosh there's so many too chose from and so many that I haven't experienced yet. So well I will say I love helixes. Bunny flops/hills nice, or even when you coast over a bigger hill and you hit that pefect air time. I love inversions too, but this is hard too choose from.

I don't think I can even begin to pick one thing, but if i had to do a top 5...

(in no specific order)

-The Beast's double helix finale

-Diamondback's first drop

-Diamondback's fifth drop (the trim hill) into that first helix

-Firehawk's loop

-Flight Deck's loud, shakey/shifty lift hill that always pauses at some point for a moment (first time anyone rides this with me, I get a kick outta them freaking out when the lift shakes, clanks and comes to a stop).

^ You are too funny. :lol: How long before dare-to-fly virtually slaps you?

My favorites in no particular order:

Initial launch on Flight of Fear (because you're launched so fast out of the station)

Final corkscrew on Flight of Fear

Final double helix on The Beast

Final helix and splashdown on Diamondback

(RIP) Loop on Son of Beast

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to bump up my old topic, but recently I rode Diamondback at night.

I'd have to say that's right up there with The Beast at night. You can't even see the track! It's just so exhilerating, especially with the fireworks going. You get quick glimpses of the track, and then you just can't see them anymore. Amazing.

Backwards Racer

Tomb Raider

SOB loop

Days of Thunder

King Cobera

I love The Beast track that runs low to the ground.

Pipeline Paradise, Snowy river rampage -- for the water park

Front seat on Invertigo

The second drop on Diamondback

The 5th and 6th loops on Vortex

The holloween attractions

I wish the King Cobera was upgraded with either new stand up or sit down trains instead of scrapped. I heard the stand up ToGo coasters at the sister parks will be removed soon.

SOB should have been built by Gravity Group llc, as a wild ride like the voyage, on a steel frame & wood track, next to The Beast, running through the woods, and low to the ground.

I wish the King Cobera was upgraded with either new stand up or sit down trains instead of scrapped. I heard the stand up ToGo coasters at the sister parks will be removed soon.

king cobra's problem wasn't the trains, it was the track, so new trains wouldn't have helped it any.

SOB should have been built by Gravity Group llc, as a wild ride like the voyage, on a steel frame & wood track, next to The Beast, running through the woods, and low to the ground.

if Son of Beast was built next to The Beast, where would Diamondback have gone? and i don't think i would have liked Son of Beast as a hybrid coaster, expecially when his dad wasn't.

as for me i love the final helix on Firehawk, the loop on Firehawk, the final helix on The Beast, the swoop turn on Son of Beast, Diamondback's second drop and first helix, backlot's second launch, and flight deck's turn by Son of Beast

Backwards Racer

Tomb Raider

SOB loop

Days of Thunder

King Cobera

I love The Beast track that runs low to the ground.

Pipeline Paradise, Snowy river rampage -- for the water park

Front seat on Invertigo

The second drop on Diamondback

The 5th and 6th loops on Vortex

The holloween attractions

I agree!

Were you the one I saw in line for Beast last night? I was the guy with that chick and those guys kept hitting on her. :angry: I took care of it though, I said something to them after we got off and they left us alone, lol.

The launch, helix, and tunnel on BLSC;

The breathtaking view at the crest of Beast's lift hill;

The Beast Helix (duh :P )

The Monster-Chasing-Shaggy-Around on SDATHC;

The Second Hill on Diamondback;

The First 2 Inversions on Vortex;

The break to the left after the 2nd Lift Hill on AE;

The foot-chopper red lights on Delirium;

The extra spin time on Monster;

The Buzz Saw/Paddle Ball Sequence on SBSP3D;

and...

The restraint system on DB. Sheer thrill!

1. The Beast's double helix

2. The second hill on Diamondback

3. The second largest hill on The Racer

4. The second launch into the tunnel on BLSC.

5. The loop on Screamin' Demon!

Have yet to ride Firehawk, FOF or Invertigo. Perhaps this upcoming Monday, 29 Jun.

Edited to add #5.

Wow, tough to limit it to just a few.

First, the obvious, double helix.

The last couple of times I have ridden The Beast. At the top of the first lift hill, the chain speeds up rapidly, then it almost stops, sometimes does stop, and then gets going again very slowly over the crest of the hill. Don't know if this is done intentionally, but it adds some great suspense to the ride. Keep waiting on the time we are gonna have to walk back down the hill on those little steps. That would be awesome!!!

I know I'm in the minority here, but I LOVE the violent slams and speed of the rose bowl!

We live in Columbus, so our only chance to get some LaRosa's pizza, is when we are in the park! But hey, as long as we are talking about food, last year I found the IHOP down 71 from the park. Yummy!!!

Walking out of the park with "squishy" shoes because you made WWC the last ride of the night is cool.

Lastly, leaving the park with your 4 year old singing " Best Day Ever" at the top of her lungs lets me know that you can't judge the park by single elements. The "whole" is what makes it special.