BBW at BGE

as in Big Bad Wolf at Busch Gardens Europe?

I am really hoping that it isnt the case. Big Bad Wolf is easily my favorite arrow suspended coaster, sorry Flight Deck but way to short. The drop down over the water is an amazing use of the terrain and I would hate to see it go.

This year is Big Bad Wolf's 25th anniversary. They are making a big deal out of it at the park, an even bigger deal than they're making of Apollo's 10th. It is still a popular coaster (more popular than Loch Ness Monster) and I highly doubt it's going anywhere any time soon. They still have a lot of room in that park for coasters. Plus it's an enthusiast favorite. It's the best Arrow Suspended I've ridden and probably the best out there.

Unfortunately I believe this is true, there is already a thread on Coasterbuzz and BGEscape where people who appear to have some connections say its going to happen, BBW is too much of a maintenance nightmare (oldest still operating suspended) and in a bad location if the park wants to make a new country out of the Drachen Fire area.

A lot of coasters are maintenance nightmares (TTD, anyone?) but they aren't going anywhere.

Yet.....

No ride is ever guaranteed to stay.....regardless of popularity. So I wouldn't rule anything out because anything is possible. Regarding the rumor of the flyer, given how successful Manta has been it wouldnt surprise me to see another pop up within the chain.

Not to mention that at Six Flags in particular, if a ride can't be kept up most of the time, it is either moved, sold or demolished.

Terpy, who really, really misses Batman and Robin: The Chiller, Evolution, Jumping Jack Flash, and yes, he'll say it, even Deja Vu all over again...

Also, once the rumors started that the Eagles were leaving Kings Island, many enthusiasts denied it was even possible, then one night, the park had their going away party, and soon, too soon, they were gone...gone with Mr. Fisher to the winds...

Yep. And they are still giving fans a snapping good time as the Danny Phantom Flyers. Its really a shame that they removed such a classic ride that could be enjoyed by grandparents and young kids alike.

I for one would be happy if they bought a new version of that ride. Stick it where the Eurobungy is, or over in XBase, between The Racer, Adventure Express and Flight of Fear. Or, stick it in the large grassy patch next to the International Showplace and adjacent to the transfer track on Diamondback. I still say that they need to place an attraction there to liven up that pathway.

why did they remove Drachen Fire, i looked it up on youtube and RCDB and it looked like a fun ride.

I rode it once and it beat the tar out of you. It was suspose to be built by B&M I believe to be a sister coaster to Kumba at Busch Gardens Tampa, didnt happen, Arrow then built it with the same basic configuration that B&M was to build. I think thats the general back story to the coaster itself correct me if I am wrong.

The best description I ever got of riding Drachen Fire was to put your head between two heavy books and smack it back and forth repeatedly. Then you'd have a good idea of what it was like.

Violent, unpopular coasters do not stick around for long. I'm glad that Flight of Fear was modified rather than removed, because it could have easily gone the same way as Drachen Fire due to it's unpopularity. The lapbars turned that ride around and made it popular again, as it has remained ever since. I firmly believe that the ride quality (or lack thereof) is one of the reasons Hurricane:Category Five was torn down rather than being sold. I never rode it but have never heard of anyone that was a fan of it.

Violent, unpopular coasters do not stick around for long. I'm glad that Flight of Fear was modified rather than removed, because it could have easily gone the same way as Drachen Fire due to it's unpopularity. The lapbars turned that ride around and made it popular again, as it has remained ever since.

Again, I would absolutely LOVE lapbars on Vortex. As much as I love The Vortex design, the otsrs are extremely painful, for me at least.

I would always like to see a ride modified before removed, giving it somewhat of a chance. Then again, if the modified version is worse then the original, get rid of it. (Crypt)

For an example of a rough, head-bangy ride that got modified instead of being removed, see Steel Phantom, which turned into Phantom's Revenge, a far, far superior ride. The modifications not only created a great ride, but cost far less than a comparable new coaster would have and effectively used the site at what was then relatively land starved Kennywood.