Monday 6-8-09

Kawana

I was supposed to go to the park with my brother but his coach scheduled a game for the 8th so this was a solo trip.

Nothing too eventful, I hit all I wanted to, got to marathon Flight Deck and could have for the rest of the night if I wanted to, put 10 more laps on DB bringing my last two trips total to 24 and I had a great day.

On my third to last ride on Diamondback, I was in row 16 with a first timer. A group of younger kids were in front of me and as I'm known to do, I start chatting with them in line. While on the ride going down the third hill, I see one of the girls reach for something that is flying towards us but she misses. Right after that I see something hit the floor of the car and bounce up towards me. Thinking quickly, I catch the object against my body and discover a set of keys. Through the rest of the ride I have the keys securely in my hand, and I even posed for the picture yelling "I caught someone's keys" and holding them for the camera to see. On the brake run, I announce loudly, "I caught someone's keys." The male of the group in front of me looks back and says "Those are my keys." What are the chances that 1) I would be paying attention and 2) that I would be able to actually catch the keys? It was close to 9:30 and it was getting darker, ten more minutes and I wouldn't have been able to see much of anything. He actually lost his wallet too, but didnt' seem to care much about that. I felt better that I helped someone avoid a crappy ending to their day.

Ride count:

Invertigo 1

Flight Deck 4

SoB 1

Delirium 1

AE 1

Blue Racer 1

FoF 1

Vortex 1

BLSC 1

Beast 2

Diamondback 10

Thanks for reading.

I am always amazed at how often I hear change, cell phones and other objects either hitting the floors of the DB trains or hitting the pavement below. Looking up at the nets just below the first drop tells you how often stuff comes out. The bottom of the hill leading into the first helix and drop off of the MCBR seem to be the worst thieves, however.

Out of curiosity, how busy was the park from 8-10 yesterday?

I am always amazed at how often I hear change, cell phones and other objects either hitting the floors of the DB trains or hitting the pavement below. Looking up at the nets just below the first drop tells you how often stuff comes out. The bottom of the hill leading into the first helix and drop off of the MCBR seem to be the worst thieves, however.

Not very I would assume. From 8:30 to close I was at DB, and the line was around 10-15 minutes give or take for the random "protein spills that seem to happen very often this year. I saw a guy spill over the fence in the station at The Beast.

I agree. Ride in row 1 one time and look at all the cell phones that are actually inside the track. I counted at least 7 phones on the track box yesterday.

I was there by myself yesterday from 2-10. I was wearing my Mystry Mine shirt. I rode DB 12 times while waiting for my last ride for the night I tried to talk with two guys in front of me one was wearing a grey DB shirt and the other guy was wearing a blue shirt, I know that the one in blue works at ki but they just blew me off oh well. I did see Ryan "wildman" and Chelsea from DB crew was very nice I tried recruiter her to join KICentral.

Not very I would assume. From 8:30 to close I was at DB, and the line was around 10-15 minutes give or take for the random "protein spills that seem to happen very often this year. I saw a guy spill over the fence in the station at The Beast.

I agree. Ride in row 1 one time and look at all the cell phones that are actually inside the track. I counted at least 7 phones on the track box yesterday.

You know, it'd be interesting to see if they would do some type of exhibit showing off all the items lost on DB. The last time we rolled through the airport in Cleveland we saw a big display case with all kinds of items they had to confiscate as people went through security (the nunchuks were my personal favorite from that collection), and I'd love to see the things that DB has collected in less than two months. Outstanding!

"Here is your cell phone...(display cell phone after having been crushed on ground after flying out of DB)...here is your cell phone after DB." Awesome!

footballfreak,

At least I know who you are and I'll say hi next time I see you, as for catching things I forgot to mention while breaking in Beast before opening day back in 2003 I caught a guys hat from wood coaster mainteneance right before the turn into the block break.

I was there by myself yesterday from 2-10. I was wearing my Mystry Mine shirt. I rode DB 12 times while waiting for my last ride for the night I tried to talk with two guys in front of me one was wearing a grey DB shirt and the other guy was wearing a blue shirt, I know that the one in blue works at ki but they just blew me off oh well. I did see Ryan "wildman" and Chelsea from DB crew was very nice I tried recruiter her to join KICentral.

I saw you at least 3 times, mostly in the DB queue. Every time I saw your shirt, I thought about how I should get down there and ride that thing.

I was wearing an orange shirt with black shorts. I'm around 6'5 with a ton of hair.

Chelsea from DB was awesome on Monday. She even listened to me vent about a seat assigner who was very rude.

I also heard from Brian on the Eiffel Tower that this is the last year for the Crypt. He said that one of the arms "exploded" last year and that you could hear it from across the park. One of those statements I believe. Guess which one.

You know, it'd be interesting to see if they would do some type of exhibit showing off all the items lost on DB. The last time we rolled through the airport in Cleveland we saw a big display case with all kinds of items they had to confiscate as people went through security (the nunchuks were my personal favorite from that collection), and I'd love to see the things that DB has collected in less than two months. Outstanding!

"Here is your cell phone...(display cell phone after having been crushed on ground after flying out of DB)...here is your cell phone after DB." Awesome!

Having visited CP's lost and found no less than 4 times this year (searching for both my missing cell phone back and now my earring), I'm sure they'd be able to come up with many phones that would fit in quite well with that! CP has divided their cell phones (and parts) into a box by month, and the May box had some interesting stuff in it. Some were complete and intact with a note on them that said "won't turn on" or "dead battery" on them. Some were halves of phones such as just the keyboard, or just the screen. Some were pretty much unrecognizable as phones! I think the worst one was the one with a note that said "Disaster Transport" on it and was held together with practically an entire roll of scotch tape. It looked like it was, at one time, an LG Voyager. I think every single piece in that phone had been seperated and some had been broken into multiple pieces aside from that. There was also a camera that had been recovered off Maverick that was in at least 13 pieces with wires hanging out. And then there was the iPhone with a screen so cracked it looked like someone had run over it with a car, which is probably pretty close to what happened to it. I had to wash my hands after sorting through that box because they were covered in cell phone grit from all the broken pieces.

Seeing that box makes me even more grateful that my BlackBerry returned to me majoritably in tact. And doesn't give me a lot of hope that my diamond earring will ever be recovered.

Sorry man, I really did not notice you or I would have said hi! I was talking with football freak, and some random guy behind us in the SRL, and didn't see you! Just jump in the conversation next time! lol

Cory that random guy you refered to is Beast79. I remember the guy behind us had a Mystery Mine shirt on and Beast79 said in his post that he was the one in the Mystery Mine shirt. So if you "connect the dots" the random guy is Beast79.

No, Sam, Beast1979 (Jackson) is a kid....the guy behind us in the SRL was easily 30...

I saw you at least 3 times, mostly in the DB queue. Every time I saw your shirt, I thought about how I should get down there and ride that thing.

I was wearing an orange shirt with black shorts. I'm around 6'5 with a ton of hair.

Chelsea from DB was awesome on Monday. She even listened to me vent about a seat assigner who was very rude.

I also heard from Brian on the Eiffel Tower that this is the last year for the Crypt. He said that one of the arms "exploded" last year and that you could hear it from across the park. One of those statements I believe. Guess which one.

Ummm. The one about the arm exploding? :o

No. I believe that this is the last year for the Crypt. If one of the arms did "explode" surely we'd have heard about it by now.

No. I believe that this is the last year for the Crypt. If one of the arms did "explode" surely we'd have heard about it by now.

I was being sarcastic ;) . I also only believe the one about this being the last year for the Crypt.

How cool is this? I was laughing really hard after seeing the box on DB this weekend for the first time. You just wonder how long that box has been in the works...