best Flat Ride at the Island

CPRaptor13

i rode TR:TR on saturday for the first time. i tell you what, thats a great ride. i was scared to death, screaming my little head off. so my list also has changed since the season started...

1. Zephyr

2. TR:TR

3. Delirium

4. Bumper Cars! (hahaha) laugh.gif

5. Drop Zone

the more i ride Delirium and Drop Zone, the better it gets. However, the bumper cars rule coz you get to ram people! YESSSS!

• Like 1

• 20 years later...

If I want a pure, unrestrained shot of adrenaline- Drop Tower

If I want a complete, satisfying ride experience with great forces and weightlessness- Delirium

If I want to giggle uncontrollably and feel like I’m 5 again- Shake, Rattle, and Roll

• Like 3

Someone already mentioned this, but I'll say Delirium is my favorite at Kings Island. However, last year when they introduced Cargo Loco and Sol Spin, those were huge upgrades for the flat ride department at Kings Island.

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Shawn Meyer said:

Someone already mentioned this, but I'll say Delirium is my favorite at Kings Island. However, last year when they introduced Cargo Loco and Sol Spin, those were huge upgrades for the flat ride department at Kings Island.

I agree those ride additions did help with that, I love Sol Spin, I just wish they would make the seats a little less uncomfortable.

• Like 2

1) Sol Spin

2) Drop Tower

3) Delirium

Sol Spin is just so much fun and easy to ride. I enjoy the fact that is just forceful enough to be thrilling but not so much to where its uncomfortable. Plus the overall feeling of being able to put your arms and legs out and fly is just awesome. Drop Tower has always been fun. Hardly anyone I know wants to ride it with me so its usually one I go alone on because it freaks too many people out. But I like it for the view and the awesome seconds of weightlessness during the drop. Delirium is just a good time.

Honorable mentions:

-Monster

-SRR

-Zephyr 

• Like 2

Absolutely love Drop Tower...even though as a big guy it is not the most comfortable to fit into those restraints. Sounds kind of silly, but I love riding bumper cars. Maybe because I have a long commute to work 3 days a week! Have to get that frustration out! Ha!

Plus, like my long-lost Eagles, every ride is different no matter how many times you ride. Just wish our version of bumper cars didn't take three years to load and get going and don't go as fast as others out there at other parks.

As I get older, it gets harder for me to ride Delirium. Shake Rattle and Roll is still good though. Love that ride! My equilibrium was never good with anything that spins even as a kid. Learned that on a cold night in Texas on a carnival Tilt -A-Whirl when I was about ten. It was not a pretty site. I was so embarrassed. 

• Like 2

1) Delirium

2) Dogem

3) Monster

4) Viking Fury

5) Drop Tower

6) Sol Spin

7) WindSeeker

8)  Shake Rattle & Roll

9) Scrambler 

10) Cargo Loco

11) Eiffel Tower (if it is considered a flat)

12) Grand Carousel

13) Zephyr 

*If we still had the original Flying Eagles (I rode at Carowinds) it would place at #1. A vintage bisch-rocco flying scooter might be the world's best flat ride...