Adventure Express?

I_heart_pki

So when me and my friend rode Adventure Express we go to talking about the huge Fake out the second Hill is in the tunnel. I searched the forums and couldn't find if anyone else had posted about it. Was there supposed to be more to the coaster after the tunnel with the statues or was it built that way just to fool people?

I'm sure the coaster was designed that way, they don't just go and start building a coaster and just wing it, coasters takes years of planning and design. When I was a kid I would fake out my friends who haven't been on it before but I always thought that it would of fit more on the first lift.

Unintentionally, it kind of resembles the whole "Indiana Jones" film franchise. Great, gradual beginning, fun twists and turns (Raiders of the Lost Ark), a slow climb with loud, fake creaking and monkey noises, followed by a long, drawn-out non-drop (Temple of Doom), then a wonderful coaster experience with lots of lateral forces, and more twists and turns (The Last Crusade), and then another climb, filled with anticipation and cheesy hype, only to discover you're at the end of the ride (Kingdom of the Crystal Skull).

^Well, you got me there...I would be hard-pressed to pick which of those two I did find the least plausable! :lol: (I do think I lean towards someone swinging on vines that can keep pace with a speeding vehicle though.)

I think we have now hijacked this thread enough where it will be moved to the "Off-Topic" section!

A sort of aside that isn't....Kings Island more than once marched right up to the line of infringement, but apparently didn't pass it...with Indiana Jones and Adventure Express...Phantom of the Opera and some sort of theater thing...

Both were before the sale of the park to Paramount.

Kind of strange the place ended up being owned, however briefly, by a movie studio!

A sort of aside that isn't....Kings Island more than once marched right up to the line of infringement, but apparently didn't pass it...with Indiana Jones and Adventure Express...Phantom of the Opera and some sort of theater thing...

Both were before the sale of the park to Paramount.

Kind of strange the place ended up being owned, however briefly, by a movie studio!

add to the fact that the music when Scooby was the Haunted house was verrrrry close to the Tales From the Crypt music..there have been lawsuits over that type of infringement as well..i believe they still play the Indiana Jones Theme in the AE station or were last wknd when I went, so perhaps CF got that thrown in with the Nick license.

The first time I rode Adventure Express was on a class trip May of 1990 when it first opened. I was really pumped about the ride since the commercial was so creepy and mysterious (I wish a copy would eventually make its way to youtube). At that time it was surrounded by trees since Flight of Fear had yet to be built. As a result, it was hard to determine exactly where the ride was taking us. I remember going up the first chain lift expecting the first hill to plunge us straight down into a dark tunnel, and was dissapointed when it simply veered off to the right on a steady decline instead. The last tunnel freaked me out and figured that this must be the giant hill I was eagerly anticipating. Once we arrived on the other side, my buddy said "that ride stinks! I want to go ride The Vortex!" But I thought it was a great ride, however! It may be an error of perception, but I remember several additional mechanisms working throughout the ride (spears moving, lights flickering, water spraying, etc.) unlike today.

~Josh