What do you miss most about Paramount

MrTools

Mine personaly was the "Paramount story" i dont remember it much but by looking over the pictures on the site here all i can say there were some preaty cool things there including my personal favorate...IMG_4396.jpg

I mean where else can you get a cool picture taken like that! i just wish i got a picture there :(

By far, the things I miss most are:

* The music at the gate and International Street.

* Their strict enforcement (by comparison) of line jumping rules.

I do NOT miss their constant over-promising/hype and under-delivering when it came to new rides and turning Kings Island into, as Jeff Seibert put it, the Universal of the Midwest. Not even close. Nor do I miss such boneheaded moves as not taking full advantage of the studio connection, CBS's not opening the park until 10am--no more early entry onto International Street to buy stuff or even use the restroom without having to beg pretty please, or their would have been implemented by now ride rotation program that would have meant the end for Flight of Fear at Kings Island (and who knows what else!). Put another way, I miss Taft, I miss KECO, I miss Paramount Communications, I even miss Viacom. I do not miss Carl Lindner or CBS one little bit.

The music at the gate and International Street.
I remember every time we were at the park when leaving i would here the Top Gun anthem great song to play after a great day at the park.

To those who actually don't know or cant remember here it is

I think I miss the music and Tomb Raider The Ride. Although I am much happier with the current ownership. If CBS was still in charge, we would probably have no Flight of Fear (it was rumored to be in a new ride rotation program) and no Diamondback.

As soon as I seen the title i could not get to the bottom of this thread to post what I miss about Paramount and the owners prior. The Music

I Hate Hate HATE the music they are playing at Kings Island now. HATE IT!!!!

• Like 1

At Six Flags, where the program was fully implemented for a while, a park might give up a ride and not get anything for quite some time. Or it might get a ride without giving up anything. Or it might give up something and get something. It was all over the map. Look at where some of the coasters that used to be at Great Adventure or Six Flags Great America ended up...or even Six Flags Over Georgia...Kentucky Kingdom has one from there...and lost Starchaser, which has moved since:

http://www.rcdb.com/id443.htm

Actually it was CBS that taught Cedar Fair a thing or two about raising food prices. The season before Cedar Fair bought Paramount, Cedar Fair had tried a 25 cent cotton candy promotion. CBS had greatly escalated food pricing the year Cedar Fair bought the parks...and Cedar Fair watched in astonishment as in the Paramount Parks people bought at about the same rate as usual. Cedar Fair thought to themselves, undoubtedly, if demand is relatively inelastic, why leave money on the table? They may have outdone themselves now though. I will say this. I venture say that if CBS still owned the parks, IF they were even still in business, the food prices would be even higher than they are now. Yes, it's hard to believe.

I miss nothing with Paramount! Bring on bigger and better rides. It is only going to keep getting better now! The park is much cleaner, Landscaping getting back to the Taft days. I do like the current music they are playing, however I do miss the front gate music.. Over all I am really happy with Cedar Fair!