What do you miss most about Paramount

MrTools

I miss the Two For Tuesdays and Walk on Weekends the most (query why the two for tuesday signs are STILL up at some rides..is it that hard to get them off?!) Chalk it up to another of CF's now infamous, "We'll get around to it eventually" projects I guess.

I, too, miss the front gate/international street music. Even before the movie theme days, they played that kind of symphony music there that matched the grandeur of the tower and fountains perfectly, and set the mood for adventure throughout the day, no matter what they were playing elsewhere in the park. I'd take Elmer Bernstein's "Theme from the Magnificent Seven" or John Williams' "March from 1941," or Danny Elfman's "Breakfast Machine" over what they're playing now.

I've written KI about this. They said the music they're playing now is supposed to get us excited about the day at KI. <_< Yeah. Nothing gets me in the mood for sharing KI with my family like "Gimme Shelter" by the Rolling Stones, or "Hey You" by Pink Floyd. Fail!

What It Oughtta Sound Like ^_^

• Like 1

I, too, miss the front gate/international street music. Even before the movie theme days, they played that kind of symphony music there that matched the grandeur of the tower and fountains perfectly, and set the mood for adventure throughout the day, no matter what they were playing elsewhere in the park. I'd take Elmer Bernstein's "Theme from the Magnificent Seven" or John Williams' "March from 1941," or Danny Elfman's "Breakfast Machine" over what they're playing now.

I've written KI about this. They said the music they're playing now is supposed to get us excited about the day at KI. <_< Yeah. Nothing gets me in the mood for sharing KI with my family like "Gimme Shelter" by the Rolling Stones, or "Hey You" by Pink Floyd. Fail!

Or "Hotel California" always sets a good theme when you're talking about a place you can never leave! as for the signs, I saw them this past Saturday, but can't recall where..I'll be going again next wknd, so I'll make a mental note of where they are.

I totally MISS the front gate music and the theme songs played in each que line as you waited. And by the way...'WHO' named the rides after the switchover??? They so truly 'stink'! Why not have given park quests the chance to name a few? You know...the dedicated people who come season after season and dump money into their tight little pockets. I figure as much the exec's gave their children the task and went with whatever thought that came out of their precious little minds. They don't seem to have any problems sending guest relations out with pencils and surveys to pester you into 'giving your thoughts on your park experiences'. Blah! icon5.gif There's my thought!

agreed the theming it might have been little, but it was great!, More than Cedar Fair will do, were back to an amusement park not theme park days......

Hope for the best for paramount overseas, they should do great.

Anyone remember some of the concepts, like the tique car wash,,e tc. wish i could find those some of the surveys were great!!!

and the star trek they brought here i think by international street bathrooms/???

and Paramount had more and better security:

May I also add...good point sonofbeast07. PKI did keep the park closely to 'Themed Movie' decor, but I always wished deep down that if they could have modeled after another theme park, I wished it would have been modeled after Universal Studios Florida. I went there in '99 and if you'd ever been through like: Terminator or Back To The Future...even though you were waiting in line room to room, there were actors playing parts and videos to keep you entertained and interact with you. And by the time you got on the ride you were already sold into the movie plot and was ready for your interactive experience. Anymore, theme parks are lucky to keep a shade screen over the que line and keep line jumpers to a minimum.

This made me a little sad:

I've seen that video so many times yet I can still watch it again and again, remembering what "The Crypt" once was. Tomb Raider: The Ride used to be one of my favorite rides at Kings Island, but now, I hate The Crypt. It's so dumb and boring compared to TRTR. I even liked Tomb Raider in it's final year where half the effects worked, a million times better than what The Crypt is today. I HATE THE CRYPT! lol

I will add my name (and everyone in my family) to the list of people who miss the "classy" music on International Street...that area hasn't been the same since.

I would also like to say that another one of the Paramount things I miss most is the dynamic team of Jeff & Maureen...when they would oversell a new attraction I didn't half mind because they were so nice! :)

I miss the special things they used to bring to the park. Anyone else remember the studio tour stuff? They did Titanic movie memorabilia one year, where you could see a lot of the props used such as the scale model of the ship and the replica of the grand staircase. They also had a similar tour of Star Trek and had costumed characters roaming around the entrance area. Somewhere I have a picture of me with a Klingon.

I worked on I-street during Paramount and the music was most definitely way way better. Some of it was movie and show themes, as I heard Star Trek the Next Generation's theme quite often, but no matter what it was it just seemed to fit the mood of a day at the park. And inside the stores such as Emporium, there were music videos playing of current pop hits, which I also find more appropriate of the atmosphere than the current music.

Posted from my BlackBerry mobile device.

Oh yeah, I also miss those "special things" Paramount brought. I remember going to at least 3. The Titanic one, which was really cool, although I hardly remember it. There was also some sort of Dinosaur one, where they had animatronic dinosaurs, and stuff set up. The last one I remember going to which I think was the most recent one, but was still quiet a few years ago. Was a videogame thing. They had a big tent set up with videogame tournaments. I think they we're having Halo tournaments. I also remember them having a computer with RCT3 on it set up. Since my computer couldn't even run the third one when it came out, that was the first time I got to play the third one until I got a new graphics card.

Those little events were really unique and a lot of fun! I don't think they even did them in the later years of paramount though, please correct me if I'm wrong.

I definitely miss the music. I used to love to try to guess the name of the movie the song came from. Always loved hearing Beetlejuice and The Saint theme. Awesome!

I (as some said here) definitely miss Jeff and then Maureen. They were SUCH fun! I was sad to see Jeff go (but could still see him at No Coaster in Chicago) was really completely bummed to see Maureen go. I loved her dearly! :(

I miss seeing Star Trek characters walking around too!

However on the flip side, I dont miss the ride ops not saying a word, some of the trash laying around, and the way some of the rides looked.

I especially don't miss feeling like a traitor when ever I was at KI. Funny thing is Ive been to KI 8x this season so far, CP? only 6! Amazing what a new coaster will do :rolleyes:

I actually stopped going to the park during the Paramount years and think Cedar Fair is doing a good job running the place.

However. . . .

I do think orchestra music is better for International Street. I think it fits better with the fountains and shops.

The new names for the movie themed rides are terrible. Flight Deck and Backlot Stunt Coaster are the worst examples of naming I have seen. Freestyle did a better job of renaming than Cedar Fair.

This was my first visit to Kings Island since Cedar Fair took over. What I miss most? It's very odd to walk through the empty Paramount Story area now. I also miss the ride names. It's very hard to switch over to the new names. Actually, my husband and I referred to rides by their old names all day today, just because. :rolleyes:

The music is missed as well. I am one that associates music with things..and well, it's hard to associate Jon Mayer's version of Free Falling to my ride on Delirium, you know? I missed the Top Gun songs being played while walking to...*sigh* Flightdeck.

Other than that, I dunno.

It's sad walking through Flight of Fear's queue line, knowing that there'll never be a ride like it at the park again. While there may be rides that are just as thrilling, they just won't be as special, because they won't have theming, light effects, etc.

I think that is about the best description I've seen yet. The theming on FOF, while the ride did not change, the experience has changed. The video that used to play and the lighting effects that were there all made the ride come alive. Look at the theming that was at Top Gun. From the moment you walked in, you were surrounded by the music, movie posters, Fightertown USA on the wooden fence, etc. The actual coaster has not changed (even the paint or lack thereof) but the experience is just not the same.