What do you miss most about Paramount

MrTools

The video still does play. The lighting effects were removed to deter line jumping and other inappropriate behavior.

Going to KI last year reminded me how having a themed coaster really does change the experience. While good theming doesn't excuse a bad coaster, theming really does add to the ride. I have no doubt I enjoy FOF more with the theming than I would without it.

I miss the roaming Klingons. Of course there was less line-jumping with Klingons prowling around!

I also miss the music. I loved strolling down I-Street to "Moon River".

Those are the only things I can think of. Was not a fan of them thinking they could make KI a theme park like Universal. They could never stay on top of the theming which made it a waste in my eyes. I'd much rather have better thrills with less theming than all the hype built into a theme that would only last 2 seasons before it was abandoned.

I miss the atmosphere, like someone else had said, the park just had this magical type of feel to it, and it seemed so welcoming when you walked through the gates to international street. Now it is just like okay whatever.

The main thing I miss is hanna-barbera land, I was ok with it when they spit the two with Nick. But didn't like it when they converted the all of it to Nick. And what all the employees got for working, Cedar Fair must of not liked that so they cut a lot out.

The video still does play. The lighting effects were removed to deter line jumping and other inappropriate behavior.

Going to KI last year reminded me how having a themed coaster really does change the experience. While good theming doesn't excuse a bad coaster, theming really does add to the ride. I have no doubt I enjoy FOF more with the theming than I would without it.

agreed! Flight of Fear would not be the same coaster without all of the theming! i love that ride so much!

I miss the atmosphere, like someone else had said, the park just had this magical type of feel to it, and it seemed so welcoming when you walked through the gates to international street. Now it is just like okay whatever.

I totally agree.Though the carousel music they have playing at the entrance right now is a really nice touch.It makes it seem like you are truly entering an amusement park and to prepare for fun.

The main thing I miss is hanna-barbera land, I was ok with it when they spit the two with Nick. But didn't like it when they converted the all of it to Nick. And what all the employees got for working, Cedar Fair must of not liked that so they cut a lot out.

If I am not mistaken, it is during the Paramount years that they started to phase out the Hanna Barbera characters in favor of the Nick characters.

I am a movie buff in addition to a coaster buff. As such, I would have liked to have seen KI focus on the real history of Paramount pictures by focusing on the great stars ( such as Marlene Dietrich, Gloria Swanson, Mae West-without her there would be no Paramount Pictures as she saved Paramount from bankruptcy during the Great Depression) and great classic movies ( Such as Sunset Boulevard, Double Indemnity, Rear Window, Vertigo. ) Is there anyone other than Terpie and I old enough to remember those great stars and movies?

If I am not mistaken, it is during the Paramount years that they started to phase out the Hanna Barbera characters in favor of the Nick characters.

I am a movie buff in addition to a coaster buff. As such, I would have liked to have seen KI focus on the real history of Paramount pictures by focusing on the great stars ( such as Marlene Dietrich, Gloria Swanson, Mae West-without her there would be no Paramount Pictures as she saved Paramount from bankruptcy during the Great Depression) and great classic movies ( Such as Sunset Boulevard, Double Indemnity, Rear Window, Vertigo. ) Is there anyone other than Terpie and I old enough to remember those great stars and movies?

I'm not as old as you guys but I know of the films and actors.James Stewart,Gloria Swanson,Barbara Stanwyck,Fred MacMaurray,Mae West("Come up and see me sometime.").

I'm not as old as you guys but I know of the films and actors.James Stewart,Gloria Swanson,Barbara Stanwyck,Fred MacMaurray,Mae West("Come up and see me sometime.").

Love Barbara Stanwyck in Double Indemnity. Boy, she was evil in that. And who can forget Gloria Swanson in Sunset Boulevard? ( "I'm ready for my close-up, Mr. DeMille. ) I don't know if it would have worked but I certainly wish KI would have tried to focus on that wonderful history of Paramount. What do we get instead? Tom Cruise!!!( Just my opinion. Don't mean to offend you Tom Cruise fans.)

I miss Hanna-Barbarra the most probably. But besides that, just the overall atmosphere like everyone has stated. I know no one will probably agree with me but I liked Paramount better in certain aspects. They seemed to be geared more toward the overall general public. Thrills are great don't get me wrong and yes CF did give us Diamondback, probably the best addition to Kings Island in the past decade. I just miss the family atmosphere. But I still love KI the same.

I miss the old names for the rides. :( I still call the rides by their old names, LOL! :lol: I especially don't like the new name for Drop Zone. The name "Drop Tower" is too boring, in my opinion. They could have at least tried to come up with a more creative name for it.

I also miss the old music. The songs always used to fit in with the atmosphere so well. :)

I know this has nothing to do with Paramount, but...I really miss Phantom Theater, as well... :(

Mine personaly was the "Paramount story" i dont remember it much but by looking over the pictures on the site here all i can say there were some preaty cool things there including my personal favorate...IMG_4396.jpg

I mean where else can you get a cool picture taken like that! i just wish i got a picture there :(

My freindwhen we were like 7 he would act like Indian Jones and try to snatch the Arifact he once tell and hit his head on it.

My age is gonna show here, but I have pics of the Paramount Story from when they had the Wayne's World car there heheh.

It was awesome theme wise.

Nothing like walking to Top Gun and hearing Highway to the Danger Zone and the Top Gun Anthem playing.