Diamondback Station Lights

coaster_junky

Lights are left on in certain areas for many reasons, some being: cleaning crews, maintenance, and security. Most parks that I have been in and or worked in do not sleep especially during the operating months. As a matter of fact, at this very moment (4:37am) crews are getting ready to inspect the many rides and attractions for your enjoyment.

The park comes alive at night. If you ever get a chance to be there long after close and the public has gone, you will be amazed at just how busy the park gets. When I worked at Emporium, we were not allowed to close our doors to begin night-time closing procedures (drawer counts, stocking, etc) until the last guest had left I-Street. As soon as the front gates are shut, it's like all these people come out of the woodwork. Cleanup crew, maintenance, etc. I-street starts looking like Kings Island Dr during the day with all the pickup trucks!

They do non-essential maintenance during the evening hours. This is when they fix things like burned-out lightbulbs, falling signs, damaged scenery such as on storefronts, stuff like that. I wouldn't be surprised if they had the lights on so they could hunt for burned out bulbs.

I can, however, vouch that at one park in Idaho, on one Sunday morning at 2:30 a.m, there was not a single light on in the entire park right after they were automatically shut off by a timer, nor a single authorized person inside the very locked gates--chained and padlocked. It was also very, very difficult to find a phone booth to make a call to security to get you out when you had to feel your way around in the dark to find the booth. In a park you had been to twice previously, the most recent being about five years before the night in question. It can be done, but it is not easy.

Don't ask me how I know this. Margee, are you out there?

Guest KINGSISLANDMASTER
okay, right now it's 2:53 am, and i was wondering, why in the world are the lights in Diamondback's station on? wouldn't by leaving them on raise electric bills for the park, and cause the light bulbs to burn out more often? just curious :unsure:

Okay, I'm Curious Why You Were Up This Dag Late Looking At That Dag Site