Free Fear Fest Admission !?

Magic41445

This morning I was checking out the new season pass rates on PKI's site and happened to find a new offer for free admission to Fear Fest. For those of you who work at the park....a couple of questions. Is this offer just for those that purchase a non-gold season pass (very dissapointing if so)? And does this allow for unlimited admission for the entire run?

Edited by Magic41445

From looking at the employee operating calendar it appears that fearfest will be part of normal fall operations. In October the park is only open Saturday and Sundays, and the park is listed as only staying open to I believe 10pm on Saturdays and 8 or 9 on Sundays. I could be wrong with this information, because I am only basing it off of one item I have seen while at the park, and I am not privy to actual park operations other then those concerning my immediate job function.

I'm not an employee but I did call the park operations and ask, the operator that I spoke to was not aware of the free offer of Fearfest with season passes. I read her what was listed on the website, she said that the way it sounds it is unlimited admission. She also said that she believed that this was not being offered to Gold Pass holders. Said that there were not going to be Fearfest on Fridays as had been in the past. She said that today is Math and Science day and that she wasn't able to go through the proper channels for definite information since everyone was so busy and to maybe try back in a day or two and they should have more information by then.

In the park map I picked up on Opening day, I noticed that the park will not be closing at 7 in October as it has in the past several years. According to the park map, the park will close at midnight on Saturdays in October and ten on Sundays. I don`t know if this will be for Fear Fest, but I hope FearFest will be. I had a blast at Fear Fest, especially the maze by Flight of Fear. However, by including admission in season passes might make it a little more crowded. However, I think it would be a great move on PKI`s part to make it free for pass holders!

I'm sure one of the employees will ask tomorrow what is going on with the Free Fearfest admission. It sounds like it will just be a normal day where you can show your pass and get in without buying an extra ticket. FF in the past few years has been very dead and not worth the time open, so they might have changed the days and times around a little. I'll try to post late tomorrow afternoon or early evening with an update.

Did we just pick the wrong day last year? It was so crowded we got on one ride the whole five hours - and that was Adventure Express with an hour wait. It was the Saturday before Columbus Day and I've never seen it anywhere near that packed. I already bought my gold passes (which I can't get processed for another month), I would have without free Fear Fest but it would be nice, it kinda sucked to drive six hours and spend $100 for one ride. Still my favorite place though.

FF in the past few years has been very dead and not worth the time open, so they might have changed the days and times around a little. I'll try to post late tomorrow afternoon or early evening with an update.

Were you working at the same place as me? We were packed almost every night...I was working the houses and Slaughter...We had almost 2 hour waits at some points...There were a couple dead nights this past season because of weather, but other than that we were always busy - same with the year before...

I went to FF twice last year and it was fairly crowded both times. I stood in line for Curse of the Crypt for a good hour at least. The Circus of Horrors and House of Darkness took just as long. I also saw the WEBN show on both occasions and it was packed in there.

I'm anxious to hear more about the free FF admission that PKI posted on their website.

Now that we finally have a definate answer, a few other questions arise..some of which have already been posted. My next question is, would the reduction in money flow from the free admission affect in any way the quality and/or number of attractions that we will see this fall? It would be nice to see FF continue to grow and change, however I'm thinking that something has to give for us to receive free admission. And, as noted in some of the previous posts, if atendance has actually decreased, maybe it might be time for the park to revisit the popular idea of a return of Winterfest. In fact I'm curious about how many here would welcome a return to Winterfest, my personal favorite, over Fear Fest.......