Cedar Point puts Chaos flat up for sale

I don't know but it's seems kind of weird too me that they would put 2 of their thrill rides up for sale. Cedar Point better get some more, they don't have that many to begin with.

They have more to offer than Kings Island, personally I think its KI that needs to step it up in that department. Chaos rides have been disappearing quickly ever since the accident at Michigan's Adventure, so no surprises here. For me the rides are rather dull so I'm not too upset seeing them go.

It may not help that Chance Rides is no longer promoting the Chaos, and I guess that means they are making new ones. I imagine at one point parts for the ride will become hard to get.

Sorry Cedar Point. Whatever you do you can't revitalize the WT midway. But back on topic, I never rode Chaos when I went because I don't like to spin. I might have to do it once or twice now that it's leaving.

So there is nothing Cedar Point can do to revitalize the WT Midway? Hmm didn't know it was effected or dead. Seeing as how Wicked Twister, MaXair and the Feris Wheel all reside here. 3 Very popular rides at the point. Not to mention a nice quite place at the park when you get around the stadium. So if CP were to pave the midway with gold install 10 new rides and hand out $100 to every guest who spent time in the midway, they still wouldn't be able to revitalize it?

That's the reason they put these things there. How come WT is, no matter the day, always empty? When I was there for CM the line for Raptor was something like 1 hour while the line for WT was a walkon for the backseat (which is the best place to ride IMO) and the two are both only a 2 or 3 minute walk from the main gate.

Sorry Cedar Point. Whatever you do you can't revitalize the WT midway. But back on topic, I never rode Chaos when I went because I don't like to spin. I might have to do it once or twice now that it's leaving.

So there is nothing Cedar Point can do to revitalize the WT Midway? Hmm didn't know it was effected or dead. Seeing as how Wicked Twister, MaXair and the Feris Wheel all reside here. 3 Very popular rides at the point. Not to mention a nice quite place at the park when you get around the stadium. So if CP were to pave the midway with gold install 10 new rides and hand out $100 to every guest who spent time in the midway, they still wouldn't be able to revitalize it?

That's the reason they put these things there. How come WT is, no matter the day, always empty? When I was there for CM the line for Raptor was something like 1 hour while the line for WT was a walkon for the backseat (which is the best place to ride IMO) and the two are both only a 2 or 3 minute walk from the main gate.

You are comparing one of the most popular rides at Cedar Point in Raptor with a ride that falls somewhere in the middle. Raptor thrilled almost the same number of riders as Millennium Force did last year and was only overshadowed by Magnum. Raptor thrilled more guests than TTD, Maverick, Mantis, Gemini and the rest. So you cannot mpare the lines of the two or even the popularity of the two. That said the ride totals for last year for WT is very similar in numbers to Mantis.

Honestly that area of the park was dead a few years ago, but now with MaXair, WT, Giant Wheel, and All Wheels Extreme it is quite lively. CP has done a nice job of bringing it back.

You are comparing one of the most popular rides at Cedar Point in Raptor with a ride that falls somewhere in the middle. Raptor thrilled almost the same number of riders as Millennium Force did last year and was only overshadowed by Magnum. Raptor thrilled more guests than TTD, Maverick, Mantis, Gemini and the rest. So you cannot mpare the lines of the two or even the popularity of the two. That said the ride totals for last year for WT is very similar in numbers to Mantis.

Honestly that area of the park was dead a few years ago, but now with MaXair, WT, Giant Wheel, and All Wheels Extreme it is quite lively. CP has done a nice job of bringing it back.

No. They still haven't done enough. Why does Wicked Twister have almost 150,000 less riders than Corkscrew? Lets compare the stats...

Year Opened, Top Speed, Height

Corkscrew - 1976, 48 mph, 85 ft

Wicked Twister - 2002, 72 mph, 215 ft

You are going to say that Corkscrew has better capacity and can run more trains as well as a 4 inch less height requirement. True. But there is no excuse for a 33 year old ride to be beating a 7 year old one. So... There must be some other reason for the lack of riders because Wicked Twister has Corkscrew beaten in just about everything (except ridership). Consider the midways...

Wicked Twister Midway - WT, DT, Troika, Maxair, Chaos

TTD Midway - TTD, Corkscrew, Magnum, PT, WW, Gemini

Clearly the WT midway is the dead midway of CP. Why else would a 33 year old ride beat a 7 year old hypercoaster? I do agree that CP has done alot to try and renew it but is it enough? I think this year is the make or break year. The novelty has worn off of Maxair and we can't truly settle this until we get the numbers. :)

I love Chaos, does anyone know it Kentucky kingdom still has theirs. Or I can stop being lazy and check there website :lol:

All of the SF parks removed their chaos rides a couple years ago...IIRC due to a design flaw discovered in the restraint locking system,funny thing is the last time I rode SFA's chaos before it was removed the restraint didn't feel properly locked to me so good thing we were able to keep the flips to a minimum during the cycle.

No. They still haven't done enough. Why does Wicked Twister have almost 150,000 less riders than Corkscrew? Lets compare the stats...

You are going to say that Corkscrew has better capacity and can run more trains as well as a 4 inch less height requirement. True. But there is no excuse for a 33 year old ride to be beating a 7 year old one. So... There must be some other reason for the lack of riders because Wicked Twister has Corkscrew beaten in just about everything (except ridership). Consider the midways...

Clearly the WT midway is the dead midway of CP. Why else would a 33 year old ride beat a 7 year old hypercoaster? I do agree that CP has done alot to try and renew it but is it enough? I think this year is the make or break year. The novelty has worn off of Maxair and we can't truly settle this until we get the numbers. :)

Shuttles have pretty bad capacity and Corkscrew has high capacity? I personally hate waiting in slow moving lines, so I don't like waiting for WT. The weekend I was there Maxair had a line way out of the queue the entire time. The wheel had a very long line also, Chaos had a 2 to 3 cycle wait.

Thanks you made my arguement for me. 2 main reassons that Corkscrew has a higher ridership. It is the nostalgic post card ride at Cedar Point, everyone takes the picture of a train corkscrewing over the midway and secondly the capacity is 600pph greater than what WT can opperate at. Not to mention that opening year for WT, Corkscrew still had roughly 200,000 more riders.

Also if I follow your logic since a ride is old it should not be popular. Ok then explain Magnum to me. 20 years old and it still has the highest riddership of anything at Cedar Point. Almost 1.8 Million last year!!! Thats more than Millennium Froce, Raptor, TTD or Maverick or anything else at the point.

And troika isn't a popular ride? I don't know about CP but KD's troika always has a considerable wait time while the park's stand up shockwave(right behind troika) barely has a line extending out of the station these days compared to the lines going all the way down to the carousel in years past.

Besides corckscrew is a nostalgic ride so many people flock to it,that & it's not as intense as a 215 ft. tall shuttle coaster so it appeals to more age groups.CP will find a suitable replacement for chaos when they're ready for it.....they probably anylize the patterns of guest traffic throughout the park & factor it into their decision making process when planning for new rides & attractions.

I am right now looking to get in at least 500 to 1,000 rides in on Wicked Twister before they get rid of it. Whenever that will be. Since we are talking about ride wait times, splane why Disaster Transport has a wait time of a hr on alot of days? Wicked Twister can get packed on some days. If Force and Dragster are running, then most rides are not too packed. Blue Streak at times can be empty. Magnum can be a walk on on most days, and so can Raptor. Most people are scared of Wicked Twister. Not sure why. Wicked Twister is the only ride at CP that i would ride over 4 times every time i go.

I am right now looking to get in at least 500 to 1,000 rides in on Wicked Twister before they get rid of it. Whenever that will be. Since we are talking about ride wait times, splane why Disaster Transport has a wait time of a hr on alot of days? Wicked Twister can get packed on some days. If Force and Dragster are running, then most rides are not too packed. Blue Streak at times can be empty. Magnum can be a walk on on most days, and so can Raptor. Most people are scared of Wicked Twister. Not sure why. Wicked Twister is the only ride at CP that i would ride over 4 times every time i go.

2 things. 1. "splane"? <_<:lol:

2. I'm always appreciative about Blue Streak's line. It's my favorite at Cedar Point, and you can count on it being a short wait.

Flyer, who is dreading the day he rides Blue Streak only to find it has been trimmed...and who would then proceed to cry, pout, complain, and leave.

So what exactly happened that caused most parks to remove their "Chaos" style rides?

I loved Chaos when I went to Cedar Point last year. It was such an intense flat ride. We were making our car flip as many times as we could, it was awesome! I would love if it got moved to Kings Island, exactly where eurobungie is now. I would have to say Chaos is one of my favorite flat rides.

Seeing as WT is a pretty new investment, and not a bad one at that, I don't think it's going anywhere any time soon. As it's been said already, the only reason ridership is lower on WT is because of the capacity. Invertigo at KI is just as popular as FoF in my opinion, but it gets 1,150 less riders per hour (from KI website).

As for the "chaos-style rides," there was one at Michigan's Adventure that collapsed, resulting in many injuries.

http://www.rideaccidents.com/2001.html#jul30b

Magnum can be a walk on on most days, and so can Raptor.

Raptor, a walk on? When do you go to CP? I think one of the things that Railrider and I can agree on is that Raptor is really popular and consistantly has a line of some size.

You are right about that, Raptor is very popular. Visit the park middle of the week at the start of the seasson or on a cool day and you will see Raptor with 1 train even walk on rides.

Magnum can be a walk on on most days, and so can Raptor.

Raptor, a walk on? When do you go to CP? I think one of the things that Railrider and I can agree on is that Raptor is really popular and consistantly has a line of some size.

Raptor is definetly a walk on half if not most of the time. The only time it is more than 15 minutes is early in the morning, around 6 when the buses are about to leave, or on the busiest of days(4th of July, Saturdays at Halloweekends) It still gets constant riders though but it's not one of your rides with big wait times like Millie, TTD, or Maverick.

^This assumes that someone buys it. Which I kind of doubt will happen. It's a dated ride that's not exactly in demand. Demon Drop has been on sale for a few years now, and you know that situation (it's still operating).

If they do sell it, however, I don't think they'll put anything in its place. I would say a game or a food stand, but they have both of those very close to Chaos right now so I don't see those happening either.