Vote for Beast or SOB for best roller coaster ever

Brandon

Also note that they still list Kings Island as Paramounts Kings Island :lol:

I noticed that too. It bugged me greatly.

Their Kingda Ka article also reads: "Kiingda Ka at Six Flags Great Adventure: Jackson, NJ".

Where's Terpy? I bet he's got something to say about this...

Let's see:

1. One of the options is Kennywood's Steel Phantom. Today it is Phantom's Revenge. Unless you want to count them as 2 different coasters. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. I'm starting to confuse myself.....

2. Describes our beloved Kings Island as Paramount's Kings Island. Thank god they are wrong on that one.

3. Says that "Wooden Rails" on El Toro can match Steel. Actually, if I'm not mistaken, El Toro's rails are steel.

4. Says that "Kiingda Ka" breaks every record, you name it, it breaks it. That couldn't be farther from the truth. It only breaks tallest and fastest.

5. It labels Kings Island as being in "Kings Island, Ohio" I didn't know we had our own city!

6. They say The Beast is the "Longest Coaster" Don't you mean the longest wooden coaster?

Ahh, the GP.

I voted for The Beast. Although I do not think The Beast is the best roller coaster ever (especially with all those magnetic....things....they have on it), but in my opinion, of the coasters they have listed, The Beast had the most effect and influence on the history of roller coasters. It redefined what a roller coaster could do, and is still the world's longest wooden roller coaster.

In response to the topic title...

No. :P

And yeah, this article is horribly written... On the El Toro page:

It was built in homage to Spain’s bull-taming matadors and boasts the steepest drop of any wooden coaster in the country – a face-breaking 76 degrees or 18 stories.

I didn't realize we were measuring angles with stories now...

On the S:ROS page:

Passengers hop on the nine-car coaster trains and immediately climb a 208-foot tall hill before the ride goes airborne and throws riders in a 221-foot freefall at an alarming 70-degree angle.

So wait... the ride jumps out of the ground? Takes off? It really is superman?!

Let's see:

1. One of the options is Kennywood's Steel Phantom. Today it is Phantom's Revenge. Unless you want to count them as 2 different coasters. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. I'm starting to confuse myself.....

2. Describes our beloved Kings Island as Paramount's Kings Island. Thank god they are wrong on that one.

3. Says that "Wooden Rails" on El Toro can match Steel. Actually, if I'm not mistaken, El Toro's rails are steel.

4. Says that "Kiingda Ka" breaks every record, you name it, it breaks it. That couldn't be farther from the truth. It only breaks tallest and fastest.

5. It labels Kings Island as being in "Kings Island, Ohio" I didn't know we had our own city!

6. They say The Beast is the "Longest Coaster" Don't you mean the longest wooden coaster?

Ahh, the GP.

I voted for The Beast. Although I do not think The Beast is the best roller coaster ever (especially with all those magnetic....things....they have on it), but in my opinion, of the coasters they have listed, The Beast had the most effect and influence on the history of roller coasters. It redefined what a roller coaster could do, and is still the world's longest wooden roller coaster.

I noticed most of those mistakes too. Sadly.

And El Toro is most definitely a wooden coaster. It is not a hybrid like Gemini, it's rails are wood. They're just designed differently than most wood coaster rails, which makes them much smoother. A prefabricated wooden track feels like a steel track but is still most definitely wood.

^ I think I saw you in the Diamondback line yesterday. You were with someone in a TTD shirt.

Riding El Toro the first time is definitely an experience. You keep waiting for regular wooden coaster vibrations/roughness but you never get it. It's amazingly smooth, and if it weren't for the Voyage it might be the be wooden coaster out there, for me anyway.

At least they didn't say "Diamondback at Paramount's Kings Island" There would be a serious paradox...

All mail and correspondence has come through the park for years as "Kings Island, Ohio."

^ I think I saw you in the Diamondback line yesterday. You were with someone in a TTD shirt.

Riding El Toro the first time is definitely an experience. You keep waiting for regular wooden coaster vibrations/roughness but you never get it. It's amazingly smooth, and if it weren't for the Voyage it might be the be wooden coaster out there, for me anyway.

Yep, that was me! I was wearing a shirt from Epcot DiveQuest. The guy in the TTD shirt was pkiboy.

I totally agree with you on everything you said about El Toro. Including that Voyage is the only thing that keeps it from being the best wooden coaster. :lol: