The Beach Waterpark

The Beach is a bit too far away to be seen from the Eiffel Tower - it's nestled back in the woods on the other side of I-71. However, it is definitely worth visiting. They have something for everyone, and a much better atmosphere than Boomerang Bay (real sand, more trees and a lot less concrete).

The Beach is a bit too far away to be seen from the Eiffel Tower - it's nestled back in the woods on the other side of I-71. However, it is definitely worth visiting. They have something for everyone, and a much better atmosphere than Boomerang Bay (real sand, more trees and a lot less concrete).

And the water smells like pee....

According to screamscape they bought one of the old Wyandot Lake slides.

Maybe thats what we'll see in a year or so.

When I went to Bob Evans a few weeks ago I saw what appeared to be pieces for an enclosed water slide in the field across the street from there. I'm not sure if that is exactly what I saw and I had no idea if they were parts to an old water slide that they had or if it was possibly for a new slide that they would put in. Since I had no idea I took pictures of it but the quality isnt the best. Ill try to upload them if I can if you guys want me to.

I'll do a little more research on this slide that screamscape says they bought and see if it could match what I saw.

After a little bit of research, The Beach actually bought 2 slides from the old Wyandot Lake so maverick2007 was correct. The Beach received Jet Stream and Zuma Falls after they were auctioned off and it was rumored that one of them were going to be installed for this season.

Below is a picture of the pieces that I saw. Again not really the best picture but you can see what I was talking about.

dscn0547.jpg

The only thing I didn't like about the Beach water park was, back in 2005 a full week before I went the temp was over 90 plus so that water had to have been heated up. But the day I went the temp was around 80 degrees, and one step in the wave pool did it for me, the water was cold, felt like it had been keep in ice. It was so cold I could hardy stand it, after that I have never been back. We did ride everything there that day. My favorite slide is the Cliff, and that rapids inner tube ride. Only thing you can see it the Cliff, up top on Drop Tower, don't know about Eiffel Tower.

Thank you for those pictures derek9312. Does anyone know what kind of slides those are? Are they tube or body slides is my big question.

At Wyandot Lake they were Zuma Falls (tan) and The Jet Stream (black).

They are both made for single/double tubes.

The Jet Stream, in particular, was an awesome ride. Mostly in pitch black, except one segment where you felt like you were going to pop right off the slide.

Zuma Falls was an open slide with lots of extra water features.

I'll be interested to see how they operate when reopened, as Six Flag's maintenance at Wyandot Lake was abysmal.

I used to go to The Beach with my swim team every summer and it was always a blast. The endless lazy river policy there is far superior to Boomerang Bay. The overall quality of the rides is much better as well, IMO. Aztec Adventure is a must ride.