Ride Effects

KIBOB

So last night i was riding AE and to my dissapointment none of the effects that make the ride exciting at night were running! The colored flood lights were not on but instead, the plain old service lights were. The "volcano" tunnel looked more like a subway station entrance with those lights! :angry: In the last tunnel, with the drummers, the drummers were drumming, but the guy at the end wasnt doing anything. So, i was thinking, after being to KI many times this year and after reading many posts about ride effects not running on certain days, does anyone know if the effects of rides are computerized or if the ride ops in the control rooms turn them on? If it were the ride ops who were responsible for the effects running, then wouldnt non-functioning scenery be the fault of lazy ops or ops that dont know what they are doing rather than the park's fault? :huh:

PKI was never too quick to fix theming, or to even maintain it (eg. about half the effects actually worked when TR:TR had it's final spins). Unfortunately, Cedar Fair cares even less than Paramount/Viacom/CBS in the theming department. :(

I wonder if theming will ever be back ever to KI or any of the sister parks? I enjoyed the theming on AE sooo much when it was only 3-4 years old now its just a money issue with the economy maybe and the park not wanting to spend the extra money on that and them wanting to spend money on fixing the rides as far as replacement track for The Beast,SOB,Racer,checking the trains out on each roller coaster,the more important things that need to be done all the time. I thought that Diaster Transport is worse than AE really to me lol! I think Cedar Point just needs to make something new in that building and get rid of that and build something like FOF it would make sense really instead of tearing down the building also.

Theming can really make or break a ride. BLSC is another one that aggrevates me. The end splashdown looks so trashy now with its couple of puddles. Last time I was on it there was debris and even a comb in a puddle at the splashdown.

I never rode AE when it had all of its theming. What all was there?

Theming can really make or break a ride. BLSC is another one that aggrevates me. The end splashdown looks so trashy now with its couple of puddles. Last time I was on it there was debris and even a comb in a puddle at the splashdown.

I never rode AE when it had all of its theming. What all was there?

You must have been there last weekend too lol. I saw the orange comb.