Son of Beast gone, Yes or No?

Beast1979

In light of the recent news of Son of Beast's closure, possibly for a long period of time, I wanted to get this poll in to see where everyone stands on this. McSalsa's poll on Son of Beast focused more on ratings, this is more pass-fail type.

From posts in the topic it would seem there is more Son of Beast lovers then haters, although a lot of people I talk to do not like it at all, so I just want to get solid numbers in.

I'd like to see more break-down of these polls by age and gender. For example, I find many Son of Beast haters who admit to horrible experiences are adults like me both male and female. It seems like most of the Son of Beast lovers are teenage males. Is this true or is it just my imagination?

You hit the nail on the head. Son is a young person's coaster.

I'd like to point out that with the Raptor incident, inspection lasted less then a day. Son of Beast's inspection has been going on for what, 3 weeks now?

and in case you didn't notice Son of Beast's track and supports are much more complex than raptor's, which would mean it would take longer for a complete inspection

I'd like to see more break-down of these polls by age and gender. For example, I find many Son of Beast haters who admit to horrible experiences are adults like me both male and female. It seems like most of the Son of Beast lovers are teenage males. Is this true or is it just my imagination?

markr - you raise a good question, but I don't think it is as cut and dried as windshawne might think. I think SoB is a great ride, but haven't been a teenage male in a very long time. Also, I can think of at least one fairly vocal critic of SoB who is a current teenage male, right Beast1979 :lol:

In light of the recent news of Son of Beast's closure, possibly for a long period of time, I wanted to get this poll in to see where everyone stands on this. McSalsa's poll on Son of Beast focused more on ratings, this is more pass-fail type.

From posts in the topic it would seem there is more Son of Beast lovers then haters, although a lot of people I talk to do not like it at all, so I just want to get solid numbers in.

Not necessarily. I'm only 18 and I find Son of Beast to be just as horrible as most other people on this forum do.

I'm 15, and a male. I absoultly don't care for it. It just... hurts your back so bad. I don't know how people like it.

I'm 13 and male. I love it. It just... is really tall and fast. Sounds fun, right? I will admit, It brings roughness, but none that will EVER keep me from riding!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

I recall one time saying owww. But It was fine druring the MRCB or MCRB or something else idk (I've never called it that before lol) I ride it for the Rose bowl, the First drop and the loop...errr....funn long straight peice of track with a picture taker(er-er). I also just love the force, it's a real bad ass. not gonna lie, nor can anyone else on this site.

I was just about to say something here, but then I realized it wasn't worth it. No matter what I say I can't change the fact half of people hate SOB. I can't change the fact that my favorite ride that I love for some reason is constantly bashed while overrated rides like Beast and Diamondback go on with constant praise. Why are we all getting so worked up this much on both sides over a roller coaster? ...... I'm going to Holiday World

I was just about to say something here, but then I realized it wasn't worth it. No matter what I say I can't change the fact half of people hate SOB. I can't change the fact that my favorite ride that I love for some reason is constantly bashed while overrated rides like Beast and Diamondback go on with constant praise. Why are we all getting so worked up this much on both sides over a roller coaster? ...... I'm going to Holiday World

No. Unfortunatly you can't change it. Because people are intitled to their opinions. Just like you. Just like me. You wana know why we all are getting worked up on this ride? Because we have nothing else better to do! hahah! Don't take it so hard. But I'm not stopping you from going to Holiday World! :P

If you've never been then plan to. KI is great, but you can never go to long without a HW fix. This will be my 3rd time this year. The Beast is classic and a great ride, but after a ride on the Voyage you will be forever changed. It's the only ride I come off physically exhausted from sitting down. That ride really does justice to the Pilgrims Voyage to America.