Son of Beast gone, Yes or No?

Beast1979

I don't understand why exactly someone would want to see a this or any other ride removed. It's not like as soon as it is demolished, a new ride is just going to pop up in it's place. Hell the demolition alone would be a HUGE expense.

Perhaps if KI has some imminent plan to build some great new wonder in it's place, then yes I can understand wanting it removed to make way.

Aside from that, what's the benefit? So that you can walk by the empty lot and say, "remember when SOB stood there; man my KI experience has just been so much better now that that ride has been removed."

Even if you hate the ride; if it's open, it's keeping people in line for it instead of being in line for what you want to ride.

• Like 1

In light of the recent news of Son of Beast's closure, possibly for a long period of time, I wanted to get this poll in to see where everyone stands on this. McSalsa's poll on Son of Beast focused more on ratings, this is more pass-fail type.

From posts in the topic it would seem there is more Son of Beast lovers then haters, although a lot of people I talk to do not like it at all, so I just want to get solid numbers in.

I'd like to see more break-down of these polls by age and gender. For example, I find many Son of Beast haters who admit to horrible experiences are adults like me both male and female. It seems like most of the Son of Beast lovers are teenage males. Is this true or is it just my imagination?

As per your request, I am creating two polls. One will be for people to specify their age and gender if they like Son of Beast, and the other will be the same questions but only if they dislike Son of Beast.

Here is the poll if you like Son of Beast.

Here is the poll if you dislike Son of Beast.

Thanks, but it was your idea :lol: .

You're the one that put the poll up, not me.

I know, and I take full responsibility. I just thought normally when somebody says "great idea" and it really wasn't your own idea, you were supposed to give credit to who ever came up with the idea. And I did put the poll up because I thought it would be something fun to do when I had nothing else to do. I didn't mean to upset anyone.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

I love seeing older topics. One other topic I found on here was - "B&M Hyper For Kings Island?" and that was at least 3 years ago.

And so it goes.

Interesting reading here.

"Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it."

Now, pardon me.

There's a Banshee to ride.

Coming soon to a park near you.

• Like 9

I'm still not entirely sure, but that's the beauty of it. I believe it was something to do with Banshee... On the other thread he said that it was well worth reading, and this one he also called an "interesting read."

That being said, this could very well mean absolutely nothing.

The post in question is here: http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php/topic/1078-the-italian-job-stunt-track/?p=502017

• Like 1

The last time Terp resurrected a thread like this, he was trying to tell us something... or is this merely a diversion?

From what it looks: Learn from what happened, don't let SOB get a come back. Let's just go ride a Banshee at a park near you.

Pretty straight forward from the looks of it, though, he could always put in one or so devices to change the subject tremendously.

Let's give SOB a rest, I'm tired of hearing about it and I'm sick of seeing people bring it back up.

• Like 3

the past is the past, the future is soon, but today is the gift, and another great day to talk about the world longest Banshee, for Kings Island future opening. That is right around the corner, what has been sure we will have memories, but really is not coming back...

• Like 3