Favorite Queue Line at KI

DropZone99

Some of these ride queue's had such good que-lines at one point. Top Gun (or Flight Deck) probably had my favorite with the underside of the station themed after an aircraft carrier. Between the that and the fog in the station, it really added to the ride experience.

FOF is another line that is very well themed and tells a story (over and over) to entertain while you are waiting in line.

For me it would be a tie between FoF and WWC.

FoF - I love the cheesy movie and the UFO (although the movie was better with the dim lighting and the point where they turned off all the lights).

WWC - I love how this ride is way back in the woods and that you have such a long hike to get to it.

1. Without a doubt, the first year TR:TR was open it had the best queue. The outside had exotic plants, good music, and replica bamboo handrails. The fire was real on the outside of the cave. Once you walked into the cave there was a mysterious pattern on the wall with a gemstone in the middle perfectly accented with a spinning light design. It truly felt like you were walking through an undiscovered ancient cave. Then the movie props such as the stone monkeys were top notch, I would put it up there with Disney and Universal quality. When the light and the music worked the "stone" door would open, when the light and music worked perfectly (only for a short time) it was truly magical. This lead you into the next room where it was filled with even more real movie props. The video was okay, but the best was when the other stone door would sound and it would open. People would be so pumped when all the theming and special effects worked correctly (Again, only lasted a short time) that they would cheer while walking towards their seats. Any queue that gets you this pumped for the ride has to be the best. Unfortunately, the ride experience didn't quite live up to the hype produced by the queue line. And unfortunately PKI didn't keep up with mainainence to the queue theming AND ride theming.

2. Outer Limits: Flight of Fear, with of course, all special effects working (The video, coordinating lights, lighting inside the spaceship). This got you pumped for the ride, and the best part about it was, after the restraint conversion, the ride truly delivered!

3. (Tie) Top Gun, with the lower deck open, fog in the station, and all special effects working.

3. (Tie) Phantom Theatre. One word describes the Maestro - EPIC.

5. Days of Thunder - Action Theater. The race cars with the audio were nice touches. Plus, The Racer whizzing by from time to time was fun. I remember the pre-show video was pretty lame though.

Too bad these queues either aren't around, or now completely lack what made them special! :(

This thread isn't "What queue line would you want to wait in" it's which one is your favorite. It has nothing to do with the ride experience or how full the queue is. It's just about looks...

I voted Top Gun. I like how it somewhat follows the terrain, and it's shaded good. I miss hearing Highway to the Danger Zone, and Top Gun intro playing. Even though I never got to ride with the under station theme, I miss seeing the theming in the queue line. Second Place is Beast's cause I like how it's all narrow and old, it builds up excitement and is pretty my theming.

I like the look of Vortex, but I voted DB because it moves so quickly :lol:

It doesn't matter how fast it moves, how full it is, or what ride your going to ride. It's just looks. It's just how the line is set up, it's location, and how it looks.

I voted for The Beast - as I'm thinking of it in the early to mid-eighties. As I recall (and I'm sure someone will correct me if my memory is slightly different than reality was):

- There were three different sets of switchbacks before the station (and you were happy if only the 2 that still exist were full of people)

- There was a snack bar in the final pre-station switchbacks (this was great after waiting in the heat for an hour with another hour to go)

- You kept seeing trains leaving over the pond outside the station

- When you finally got to the station, the signs and sounds following the wait made you really ready to ride

• 2 weeks later...
Adventure Express. I used to love hearing the voice come over the loud speaker setting you in the Indiana Jones world.

i agree, also nowadays when you walkthroght the TVs arent turned on mixing the music so until you get to the station you hear the train wistles actual birds chirping and the indiana jones theam faintly playing, one of the best ques in the park for me!

I voted Diamondback because of the strategically placed mist fans and the fact that the wait is almost always mercifully short. Although had it not been for the annoying video on (seemingly) constant loop in the queue for Flight of Fear it would have gotten my vote.

I voted Diamondback because of the strategically placed mist fans and the fact that the wait is almost always mercifully short. Although had it not been for the annoying video on (seemingly) constant loop in the queue for Flight of Fear it would have gotten my vote.

Your not going to like those mist fans in a few years when stuff starts growing on them like the fans at Cedar Point. ;)

Crypt. Its very cool and dark in there. A little peaceful if you ask me.

Really? The last few times I have been in that line, it has been lit up like a holiday tree. Then again, I always thought it was way too dark in the past, and often wondered how many guests were pawed or worse by other guests in that line...and how many of them or others ran into the queue rails...

white water canyon and The Beast

the walk for white water canyon is the best, sorta reminds me of the jungle trail, minus the exotic animals, at the cincinnati zoo. and i love the themeing in The Beast's queue line, with the big water wheel and old shack like theme.