Oh My The Things Guests Will Do!

HTCO

I just got back from being at the park from 9:00 to 10:00 closing... and it was just a little disappointing. To start off the day I went to the DB ERT and got a few rides in. Then as the park opened my little sister and my mom and dad wanted to ride WWC. So I decide to sit out at the exit and take photos. I was on the bridge taking a picture of DB and as I take the picture this random guy(that was about my size but maby 25) put his hand in front of my camera just to be funny. So I looked at him and said, "Big man to pick on a 15 year old". His smile turned to a frown right away. That put me in a bad mood for a while. I mean come on! Really? Are you that immature? But my parents ended up not riding due to technical difficulties. It was kinda cool that they drained almost all the water out of WWC.

Then we headed to BB. Meh, its alright. I'm not a big fan of water slides and all. Then we head back to the dry part of the park and I decided to ride The Beast. Great ride. But another thing happened that made me go, really? Again. Were going down the exit ramp, and this 13 year old kid decides to sit in the middle of the exit path. He wouldn't get up and no one could get through. I finally had to yell, "GET UP!" so everyone could get through! No one was doing anything! The attitude of people at the park is really starting to irritate me! UGH! Just had to get that off my chest.

I was just a little disappointed today but I had a fun time...

RIDE COUNT!:

DB: 3

Beast: 1

DT: 1

Delirium: 1

AE: 1

Invertigo: 1

Racer: 1

SDATHC: 1

darn kids lol! Yeah some people are just ridiculous! I know when i was a teenager i never acted like that! I think the worst is when they decide they are gonna spit while on the ride...

I was at the park thursday and was walking down coney mall towards AE and the games guy at the basketball game was being really annoying on the mic and i started yelling like him and he stopped, looked at me and said your cool and shut up! I know they are supposed to get people to play but geez, this kid was annoying!

Dont let stupid people get ya down, they are everywhere you go!

Its funny how some of the games people talk very little, you can barely hear them. Then theirs others that like to be the only one talking, so they talk load, or there speaker is cranked up.

I never acted like that when I was young, or do things like the kids I see do.

I can't believe a stranger blocked your camera. I'm about 25, give or take a couple.. ok give a couple, and to me that sounds like something a child would do. I've been complaining about the trouble-making teens at the park, so it's strange to hear a story of a teen being annoyed by someone my age. Sorry to hear about your experience. It's crazy how most people do their best to respect others. But all it takes is one jerk to blatently disrespect you to make a good time turn sour. Best thing to do is feel happy that you're more mature than them. Let the frustration out on the rides. :)

Were going down the exit ramp, and this 13 year old kid decides to sit in the middle of the exit path. He wouldn't get up and no one could get through. I finally had to yell, "GET UP!" so everyone could get through! No one was doing anything! The attitude of people at the park is really starting to irritate me! UGH! Just had to get that off my chest.

Sorry to hear about this experience. I can assure you, though, had any of the crew at Beast seen the person sitting there, they would have done something.

Now that I look at it, it really isn't that big of a deal. It was just the fact two things happened in less than an hour that made me mad. And thanks for your concern! :)

That's what more associates at KI need to get into their heads. Usually when guests are angry, it's not because they've really had a bad day, they just remember the two or three little bumps in the road and that's all they can remember. Thank you for sharing your experiences, and I hope to see you at KI soon!

Pictures:

I'm on the right. My sister is on the left.

Good pics... Looks like the little sis was having a good time....

Mom & Dad in the B'ground?

icon6.gifAbsolutely Fantastic Pictures!!!

Those are some sweet pictures, especially when i get to see them 2 other times lol

darn kids lol! Yeah some people are just ridiculous! I know when i was a teenager i never acted like that! I think the worst is when they decide they are gonna spit while on the ride...

I was at the park thursday and was walking down coney mall towards AE and the games guy at the basketball game was being really annoying on the mic and i started yelling like him and he stopped, looked at me and said your cool and shut up! I know they are supposed to get people to play but geez, this kid was annoying!

Dont let stupid people get ya down, they are everywhere you go!

psssttt.... if you supervisor walks by and doesnt hear you talking on mic and even worse sees no one playing... you get in trouble.... trust me... i HATED talking on mic when i worked games... worst part of the job... i'd rather have sat in the warehouse and blown up basketballs all day sometimes :P

glad you have fun HTCO :) and even glader you didnt let those few immature ppl ruin your entire day :)

File this under inconsiderate things guests do...my wife's nephew was recently riding beast when he put his wallet in one of the cubbies, only to find it gone upon returning..the park will replace hsi season pass, which was inside for free, but he's out the rest of it. Just a reminder that if you have anything of value, I'd keep it on you during the ride. I only enter the park with some cash, credit card and season pass so I don't have to put them in the cubbies.

I'm going to go against the grain here and say a positive thing about guests.

When we visited the park Memorial Weekend, my husband and kiddos were tired. We were there with friends, so he told me to stay and ride a few more while he and the kids sat in the a/c car and cooled off. He took my $600 Nikon camera with him, so I wouldn't have to worry about losing it.

Well, I ride a bit then meet him in the car. I make sure we have everyone/everything and we head back to our hotel. When we get there, I tell him to get the camera, so I can load some pics to the laptop. We search and search. It's nowhere to be found. My heart drops, he panics. "I KNOW I put it in here!" We search for 30 more minutes and nothing.

So, we drive back to the park. The whole time I'm thinking 'if someone finds that camera, it's gone forever'. It's a Nikon D40, so yeah..

Anyways, we go back to where we were parked. Nothing. My husband goes to lost and found, and sure enough, there it is. Someone was kind enough to turn it in. So if you are reading this...THANK YOU. Seriously, from the bottom of my heart. Thanks. A lot of memories would have been gone forever. Not to mention my most favorite Christmas gift!