Inverted Wooden Coaster Concept!

Alright I thought at first wow it would be fun it would be very possible but as I thought it out a bit more steel inverted can be ruff in some turns and force your head to slam the head rest which don't fell good now think if you did that to SOB or Beast your head is really going to be smashed I'm not saying either is rough but I believe wooden coasters should not be inverted.They have good ideals but the wooden coaster track would have to be as smooth as a steel.

Now THAT is thinking outside of the box. They should build a small prototype to see how it would be for the general public. Then, if all is OK, go ahead with a full size model - even if it had to have several lifts along the way. Smooth turns would cut-out the head banging. Make sure the thing has speed or it will just be another blah coaster. And it doesn't have to have loops if it is done right.

Guest rcfreak339

Wooden coasters are not meant to do this sort of stuff, how about we keep that to the steel rides? Plus wouldn't this be impossible? There is so much weight on the track above that over the years would cause cracks.

Wooden coasters are not meant to do this sort of stuff, how about we keep that to the steel rides? Plus wouldn't this be impossible? There is so much weight on the track above that over the years would cause cracks.

Nothing (not violating the laws of physics) is impossible in engineering if given enough time and money. As for the wood developing cracks over time all that matters is that it is designed correctly. All metal fatigues, also, some metals loose more than 50% of there strength over time, steel coasters are massively over designed to avoid fatigue problems. This is why things that can not be massively over designed such as airplanes and jet engines has hard life limit. For example a 737 might have a life limit of 100,000 takeoffs and landings, as soon as it did its 100,000th landing it would be removed from service as scrapped.

SOB had cracking problems because it was not designed correctly and the wood 'fatigued.'

EDIT: I am not saying it is a good idea, just possible.