KI Now Offers B-Day Party service!

kjkjkj

I think this is something that will benefit KI, but the price is high and it says a min. of 10 people.. at 37.05 a person with 10 people... wow you do the math. Thats alot for a birthday party... Oh well if you have the money it's a great party!

<<< 400 Post baby!! Woo hoo

I think this is something that will benefit KI, but the price is high and it says a min. of 10 people.. at 37.05 a person with 10 people... wow you do the math. Thats alot for a birthday party... Oh well if you have the money it's a great party!

That's what I though too, but if you look at the bottom, it says seasonpass holders can pay for just the meal, so the price of the ticket would be excluded from the 37 bucks. So not to bad of a deal if eveyone has a season pass!

Actually to be fair I would have to say that the Birthday Party at Kings Island is a great idea and in comparison to other business offering Birthday Parties I think Kings Island is priced right.

In my local area the Chuck E Cheese runs for $11.00 or $16.00 for a hour and a half party including pizza and cake

Also the Local Skating rinks offer a similar package about the same time frame for $10.00

Many families opt to have their children's Birthday Parties at local hotels that offer poll activities and such. The local Holiday in here in Indianapolis offers a large poll activity center and runs $229.00 a night (for four guests) with no party favors. That averages $57.25 per person.

Kings Island running $37.00+ for a all day party with friends being able to ride age appropriate rides, a water park (with lifeguards) and a sit down meal with birthday activities. In my opinion a GREAT DEAL!!! Plus the option for season pass holders and other gate pass holders a discounted price.

Sure I could invite 10 friends over and have cake and ice cream for a lot less money but that would not be comparing apples to apples.

Birthdays are a big social event for youth and parents enjoy watching their kids having fun with lots of friends while their child is getting some spot light attention. The past several years my Daughter has had a group of her friends over for a pool Party Birthday.

0_0_8ff6a827ee8a798d2ee76a2b7a32b05e_1.j

Well by the time you add up the price for the cook-out food and snack, plus the cost of having party favors.

0_0_b15d48202249bca779109b3d6bc3ad98_1.j

and in our case a July birthday is not complete without fireworks. So by the time you add it all up $37.05 is not bad at all plus I do not need to do all the work getting things ready and organized.

Business have latched on to the popularity of Birthday Parties and to many parents it a great alternative from a lot of hard work planning and in many cases cheaper for them.

Miss Rae has said for years she would love to have a Birthday Party at Kings Island and the price seems right and encompasses all the activities she and her friends have enjoyed in the past years plus more.

Well maybe it is a great idea for people who have the money. A lot of people don't.. and that is what I am taking into mind. My parents raised me on how to save money.. they didn't feel the need to spoil me rotten in order to show that they love me (which many parents do without realizing it).

KI's birthday party offer is quite a splurge for something as simple as a birthday party. If I had kids, I would much rather have the simplicity and affordability of bringing cake and ice cream home from the store and letting them play with their friends and their new toys in the back yard, the same way my parents did. I was happy with that.

This is something that we debated last year when we had our oldest boys birthday party at a local park (free shelter with access to sports fields and playground equipment) while many of his friends had more elaborate events of various kinds costing more than the KI package in some cases.

In my opinion, the question of spoiling kids however goes a lot further than just their birthday party. For example, some adults would tell me that I spoil my kids because I take them to Kings Island almost every week (I only got to go about once a year until I bought my own season pass in Jr. High) and we have other passes that we use also (Zoo, Museum Center, etc...). Each parent has to make choices based upon what they can both afford and what they feel is right for the way they want to raise their kids - the key is to make that choice and link it to all the other ways you raise your family.

As for the KI packages - I'll bet they make quite a few extra nickels from it which in my opinion is a good thing!

I wonder if they can do it on my birthday since im turning 14. My birthdays 9/18

No, because KI is closed on that day.

I know another way to have a cheap birthday at Kings Island. Have a child see if any of their friends have passes to KI. If a couple friends don't have passes, then you could buy them an admission ticket to KI. Then, they can go to KI and have fun. The parent can buy a lunch or dinner for the childen, and continue having fun. Then they could go back home and eat cake and ice cream and open presents. That would be A LOT cheaper than doing the KI birthday party. That wouldn't be the same as having it totally at KI, but you wouldn't have to have it for ten people and it would be cheaper. You could do that for five people for under $125 if you would buy lunch OR dinner and even buy two admissions tickets.

PS- My niece did that for her birthday. One of her friends, my niece, and my niece's mom had passes, and the other friend didn't. My niece's mom (my sister) bought one admission ticket and lunch for the four of them. We had fun at KI, then around 6:30 we left, went home, ate dinner, ate cake and ice cream :), and then opened presents. That was A LOT of fun, and A LOT cheaper.

• 3 months later...
Actually to be fair I would have to say that the Birthday Party at Kings Island is a great idea and in comparison to other business offering Birthday Parties I think Kings Island is priced right.

In my local area the Chuck E Cheese runs for $11.00 or $16.00 for a hour and a half party including pizza and cake

Also the Local Skating rinks offer a similar package about the same time frame for $10.00

Many families opt to have their children's Birthday Parties at local hotels that offer poll activities and such. The local Holiday in here in Indianapolis offers a large poll activity center and runs $229.00 a night (for four guests) with no party favors. That averages $57.25 per person.

Kings Island running $37.00+ for a all day party with friends being able to ride age appropriate rides, a water park (with lifeguards) and a sit down meal with birthday activities. In my opinion a GREAT DEAL!!! Plus the option for season pass holders and other gate pass holders a discounted price.

Sure I could invite 10 friends over and have cake and ice cream for a lot less money but that would not be comparing apples to apples.

Birthdays are a big social event for youth and parents enjoy watching their kids having fun with lots of friends while their child is getting some spot light attention. The past several years my Daughter has had a group of her friends over for a pool Party Birthday.

0_0_8ff6a827ee8a798d2ee76a2b7a32b05e_1.j

Well by the time you add up the price for the cook-out food and snack, plus the cost of having party favors.

0_0_b15d48202249bca779109b3d6bc3ad98_1.j

and in our case a July birthday is not complete without fireworks. So by the time you add it all up $37.05 is not bad at all plus I do not need to do all the work getting things ready and organized.

Business have latched on to the popularity of Birthday Parties and to many parents it a great alternative from a lot of hard work planning and in many cases cheaper for them.

Miss Rae has said for years she would love to have a Birthday Party at Kings Island and the price seems right and encompasses all the activities she and her friends have enjoyed in the past years plus more.

Agree......and i LOVE the photos , my daughter LOVES barbies she will be right over!!!

• 6 years later...