I absolutely hate how...

06jds377

I'm going to shim my hand in there next time :lol:

Try and put your legs on the bar connected to your lapbar, and sometimes it doesn't staple me. Also try this...

Row 16 + legs out and arms up + 3" room = Holy Crap.

I will have to try that on row 16. i have done it on other rows :lol:

...when on the last few rows of DB I leave my restraint about 3" off my lap, yet the bottom of the 2nd hill manages to staple me. FML. :(

Anyone else experienced this problem?

I try to "staple" myself before we leave the station. Like the ride, not the airtime... I know the ride is all about the "airtime" butttttt, nope for me... Thats all

I was wondering if this was happening to anyone else. I freaking hate being stapled on ANY ride or coaster. I got stapled on maXair once and I was muttering cusswords under my breath.

You think getting stapled on a HUSS ride hurts for you? I never have understood the restraint system on those rides.

Anyhow, I actually become semi-stapled at the first drop. Then it goes full on at the bottom of the second drop. I really don't mind, while I try in the station not to get stapled, I don't interrupt the ride experience to keep from it.

The same forces that make you feel pinned to your seat at the bottom of the hill pull your restraint down. Fortunately there's one way to beat physics on this one... as already stated, remember to use your knees or hands to keep the restraint from locking further.

What I hate are the ride ops that push the restraint down as hard as they can until its cutting off the circulation to your legs. What's their problem? Most of the ride ops do do well and just make sure the thing is locked. Some barely touch the thing and some are on a mission to kill my airtime. I understand making sure a small child is pinned, but my legs are so long that I could have a foot of space and still wouldn't be able to get my knees out if i buttered them first.

With regard to the ride ops - last Sunday it seemed like they were training some new ones (I hadn't seen them on prior visits) and a couple were in full push down mode versus just checking to see if it is locked. No matter what though, you can still get serious airtime on the hills.

that's unfortunate. I try to fool them by puting one foot on top of the other so that my knees are higher. Then as they push on the restraint i push up as hard as i can with my legs. It usually works, but can't exactly do that on DB. And I didn't fool a racer op once. he said, "that has to go down further or you can't ride." so I let my legs down and he didn't only pin me down snug... he gave it that one extra click that made it go from uncomfortable to painful. But like i said.. most of the ops are great.

The ride opts. have a saying "if you know them, staple them!"

...And then some of them hate being stapled themselves and will accomodate those who wish to be able to breathe on the ride. ;)

I try to fool them by puting one foot on top of the other so that my knees are higher. Then as they push on the restraint i push up as hard as i can with my legs. I didn't fool a racer op once. he said, "that has to go down further or you can't ride." so I let my legs down and he didn't only pin me down snug... he gave it that one extra click that made it go from uncomfortable to painful. But like i said.. most of the ops are great.

All I can say to this one is TEEE HEEE HEEE! I can see his thought process...if you're going to try that...try THIS! I know he thought that! Again, tee hee!

I've got Diamondback down to a science now. Arms up + legs out + a nice gap, and in row 16, is incredible. I have really long legs though, so I just put one foot down at the bottom of the hills to keep the restraint from going down. Then I just put it back up when I'm going over the camelbacks for airtime goodness :)

that's unfortunate. I try to fool them by puting one foot on top of the other so that my knees are higher. Then as they push on the restraint i push up as hard as i can with my legs. It usually works, but can't exactly do that on DB. And I didn't fool a racer op once. he said, "that has to go down further or you can't ride." so I let my legs down and he didn't only pin me down snug... he gave it that one extra click that made it go from uncomfortable to painful. But like i said.. most of the ops are great.

This is what I do also, just push my knee up when they check the bar. On The Racer and Beast you can also push your leg against the side of the bar making it hard for them to push down. One thing I've noticed is that if you try for too much room they will also pin you, so don't get too greedy.

I have had no probs with Diamondback. I think I'm on the last click anyways and still have room to float :D

However, Vortex is a different story. I had a little slack and the first loop was cool, going into the second loop, it locked down tight. Too tight. I was in pain the rest of the ride. When we finally stopped, I was having a hard time breathing normal breaths. It took two different people to get it unlocked when we arrived back in the station lol. That was my last ride of the day on Vortex. I'm not much for being squeezed to death.

I was wondering if this was happening to anyone else. I freaking hate being stapled on ANY ride or coaster. I got stapled on maXair once and I was muttering cusswords under my breath.

Got stapled on grizzly my 2nd night ride of the evening....the op on duty was just slamming those bars hard while he was speeding down the platform,I also ended up being stapled by the shoulder restraint on berserker too & man did that hurt!!

What I do on DB is at the bottom of each drop + the hammer head I place one foot on the base and the restraint then push up on my knee, this gives you leverage to push up making sure you don't get stapled. I can make it thru the whole course without my restraint coming down on me.

50 rides and counting.

I havnt been stapled down on DB, but every time i have been on Racer this year i have, painfully. It seems as though no matter what i do, the first rabbit hop after the first drop i somehow end up with the lap bar being shoved all the way down into my legs. It especially hurts when entering the turnaround.

I havnt been stapled down on DB, but every time i have been on Racer this year i have, painfully. It seems as though no matter what i do, the first rabbit hop after the first drop i somehow end up with the lap bar being shoved all the way down into my legs. It especially hurts when entering the turnaround.

So by now, you should be learning how to brace for it! ;)