SOB riders

Mr. Coastermania

I rode it a month ago I think and I noticed during the Rose Bowl hearing a very large vibration. Like you know when something vibrates more than it should it makes a loud noise.
When one rides their favorite coaster day after day,you begin to become one with the ride and can sense when something dont sound or feel right.On a roller coaster back in long beach ca called cyclone, riding in the back train it felt like it was jerking a bit to much going through the helix and sure enough the bottom wheel was loose.Glad they listened to a kid.

Oh and you are right the rose bowl section did'nt sound right.im sure they check that area daily.

How would all you SoB haters like it if some GP member got hurt on one of your favorite rides, causing it to be shut down or removed? What if some idiot got hurt on Diamondback or The Beast and they caused the park to shut down those! You probably wouldn't like it very much, would you? If you don't like Son of Beast, then don't ride, it's that simple! Just because it's closed down because of one person getting hurt, doesn't mean everyone has to jump on the "Destroy Son of Beast" wagon. Some people actually enjoy Son of Beast, so don't wish it to be removed, because some people like it!

How would all you SoB haters like it if some GP member got hurt on one of your favorite rides, causing it to be shut down or removed? What if some idiot got hurt on Diamondback or The Beast and they caused the park to shut down those! You probably wouldn't like it very much, would you? If you don't like Son of Beast, then don't ride, it's that simple! Just because it's closed down because of one person getting hurt, doesn't mean everyone has to jump on the "Destroy Son of Beast" wagon. Some people actually enjoy Son of Beast, so don't wish it to be removed, because some people like it!

Have you been injured by the ride? No? Then you have NO room to talk. Rode once last year. One year later, my back and neck STILL hurt, even though I've been to the chiropractor multiple times. Similar incidents have been reported by other riders.

Have you been injured by the ride? No? Then you have NO room to talk. Rode once last year. One year later, my back and neck STILL hurt, even though I've been to the chiropractor multiple times. Similar incidents have been reported by other riders.

I have, and I still love the ride. I'm one of those skinny people that get their ribcages rocked to death but I know what I am getting myself into. It was not designed to be a walk in the park, but maybe thats just part of the fun for me.

I think Flight of Fear is worse than SOB ever was (even with the loop). I rode FOF after they removed the sides that hold your head in place. My head slipped off the back of the seat and to the side during a nasty jolting section of the ride and I whacked the side of head and thought I was going to break my neck from it.

Did I complain and try to get the ride shut down -- no, I just opted to never ride it again.

I applaud them for having the coaster checked for safety to make sure that it is safe, but I hope they return it to operation for those who like it. I have 3 kids now and rarely get to ride rides for myself so have not ridden it since the loop was removed.

Every ride has the ability to hurt someone somehow. The first time I round Racer I had a headache/neck ache for a few days, but I still ride it and it doesn't bother me anymore. Heck, in January I messed up my knee walking on a Beach in LA. It is still bothering me after physical therapy, etc. But I don't go around bashing Long Beach and demanding it be closed.

The Mason amusement park voluntarily closed the ride after a woman came forward June 16 and told Kings Island officials that she had been hurt during a May 31 ride on the Son of Beast roller coaster, said Kaleigh Frazier, spokeswoman for the Ohio Department of Agriculture.

From http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20090622/NEWS01/306220066

Why would you wait that long to report the injury? That confuses me.

The Mason amusement park voluntarily closed the ride after a woman came forward June 16 and told Kings Island officials that she had been hurt during a May 31 ride on the Son of Beast roller coaster, said Kaleigh Frazier, spokeswoman for the Ohio Department of Agriculture.

From http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20090622/NEWS01/306220066

Why would you wait that long to report the injury? That confuses me.

I am sure that is what her lawyer told her to do.

How do I have no room to talk? Just because you got injured on it, gives you more of a say in whether it should be closed?

I am, as are you, entitled to an opinion. I have never been hurt on Son of Beast, I think it's an enjoyable experience, and I would like for it to reopen shortly, so I can enjoy another great ride on SoB.

I've been on the destroy the Son of Beast wagon since the first time I got off the ride lol

Why can't all the people who don't like Son of Beast be mature enough and NOT mention that they'd like to see it as a large bon fire? Some people (including me) actually like the ride! I know that's a radical concept to some, really I do. I don't like some rides that others are passionately in love with (Vortex being the main one), but I don't state things on forums that might offend others. I'm not saying that everyone on here who doesn't like the ride is campaigning for its demise, but some people have made it EXPLICITLY clear that they would take pleasure in seeing the ride torn down. This can offend some people who enjoy the ride. PLEASE think about what you're saying BEFORE you post it.

Tom, just saying...

We had already made the decision to never ride it again. When it first opened up it had too much jerking and not enough "wow" factor for me, but I continued to fit it into my park visit routine. After modification I rarely rode it because it simply got worse in my mind. I rode it twice this year and after the second run I decided I would never ride it again. It's simply not any fun to me. I love The Beast but I consider SOB to simply be a poorly (re)designed coaster. The ride is just a jerky mess.

While I won't join the chants of "tear it down' or "burn it", I wouldn't miss it if it never opened back up. On the contrary, long lines at SOB means those people aren't taking up space in the lines for coasters I do want to ride.

i am with you kyle. I like the ride enough to ride maybe twice a year. But i dont hate it. Lol

Why can't all the people who don't like Son of Beast be mature enough and NOT mention that they'd like to see it as a large bon fire? Some people (including me) actually like the ride! I know that's a radical concept to some, really I do. I don't like some rides that others are passionately in love with (Vortex being the main one), but I don't state things on forums that might offend others. I'm not saying that everyone on here who doesn't like the ride is campaigning for its demise, but some people have made it EXPLICITLY clear that they would take pleasure in seeing the ride torn down. This can offend some people who enjoy the ride. PLEASE think about what you're saying BEFORE you post it.

Tom, just saying...

Thank you! Tom, that's what I was getting at, thank you!