What is up with SOB poll?

McSalsa

A week or so ago, Son of Beast closed down and has yet to re-open, and will possibly remain closed for some time. The park is not responding and thus we have no idea why the coaster is shut down.

So...of the choices above, what do you think caused SOB to close?

PS: Some of the above choices are for comedy. But still. ^_^

I hope it's being removed... Dear GOD that coaster ruins my day!

Then don't ride it :rolleyes: I am sure there is at least one coaster in your top ten list that I hate, but I would never campaign for its demise.

Guest rcfreak339
RE TRACK!

RE TRACK!

RE TRACK!

RE TRACK!

thats all i ask.

BON FIRE!

BON FIRE!

BON FIRE!

Really the only thing that can solve the problem.

HTCO, I can tell ya this: Offseason, you are right, due to retracking, during season, Just one of the woodies, nothing special.

I do not like speculating but if you were to hold a gun to my head, most likely awaiting parts.

Why? It's not like you have to ride Son of Beast when you go to KI, if you don't like it than just don't ride and let the people who do like it ride it.

BON FIRE!

BON FIRE!

BON FIRE!

Why? You call yourself a coaster enthusiast yet you want to burn down a coaster?

Guest rcfreak339

Why? It's not like you have to ride Son of Beast when you go to KI, if you don't like it than just don't ride and let the people who do like it ride it.

BON FIRE!

BON FIRE!

BON FIRE!

Why? You call yourself a coaster enthusiast yet you want to burn down a coaster?

SoB isn't a coaster, technically it is but really all it is a torture chamber. That hurts you both mentally and physically.

Speculation over: Cedar Fair finally coughed up what really happened- a woman was injured on the ride on May 31st. Cedar Fair did the correct thing and closed the ride.

So much for my "new trains" theory, although that could still happen because of this accident.

they dont fit the track Perfectly! they wernt designed to fit that type of coasters track. they are meant to be ran on a smaller track.

1000th post :D

but they were re-designed to fit the extra large track gage of Son of Beast, they were not left unchanged from the old track gage.

and congrats on 1000 post

what do you mean, "fit the track"? because last time i checked they fit the track.

I think pkiruler meant that the current trains were not meant for SOB, and were designed for another ride. I can agree somewhat to this, I think new trains might help the roughness issue a bit. If anything, they should make cushioned trains, it would cost more but would absorb some of the roughness (although giant+high speed+non pre fab wooden will always equal some level of roughness, the ride will probably never be perfectly smooth even by woodie standards).

They might even have to test SOB often with multiple trains to find out what works best, but that is still better than throwing away a $20 million investment. SOB probably won't be thrown out just yet, I could see Cedar Fair trying a couple things before doing that. At least, as long as SOB has those world records they will. If it loses them, which I doubt will happen in the near future, then I can see them not trying as hard to fix the ride and removing it, but only after they attempt to fix it a few more times. If they get desperate enough, the ride could see a total overhaul in a few years, like Texas Giant is getting after this year. But the destruction of SOB is probably not happening...for now at least.

As for using heavier trains, they won't do that. That's why the 2006 accident happened, remember? This one pales in comparison (1 injury versus 27) though any injury or death on a coaster is serious.