What annoys you about the park?

CedarPointer

In no particular order, just as they came to me:

1. The music. Kings Island is supposed to be a happy, enjoyably fun place. Why is it I have heard at least 3 Fray songs so far this year? Kings Island is supposed to be in 2009, just like the rest of us. Why are you playing music that died 30 years ago, and why are you playing it over, and over, and over, and over, and over again? I heard one song 3 times at Diamondback within 3 hours! Where is the classic orchestra on I-Street? And why do you have to play it so, darn, loud?!?!?!?!

2. Line Jumpers. You are a guest. Just like me. Just like the other 300 people in this line. What makes you think you have the right to skip me in line. I don't care where your friends are. You get in line with them then.

3. People who can't keep themselves out of their bf or gf while in line. Does it look like I want to see you make out?

4. People who don't smoke in the designated smoking area. Please. If you want to smoke, don't make me have a coughing fit (Which I will, trust me) from it.

5. The Food. I will pay a lot for a good meal, or a little for a bad meal. I will NOT pay a lot for a bad meal.

6. Non Enforcement of rules. Please, if you see something wrong, do something about it! "Line jumping is not a sport at Kings Island. This rule is enforced strictly." Please.

7. Spitting. EWWW. Stop! Almost every path at Kings Island is covered with disgusting spots from absolutely revolting spit. Don't Spit.

8. Clothing. Just ranted about it in another topic, won't do it again.

9. Basketballs. Can you like, not inflate those? People bounce them everywhere, take them on rides, what have you.

10. Park management. Where do I begin? Putting a trim brake on almost every coaster at the park, taking out the dips on Fairly Odd Coaster and Racer, Refusing to paint Flight Deck, the mess that is the Crypt, Son of Beast, the extremely outdated lineup of rides, the complete overuse of restraints on rides (Seriously, a seatbelt on Fairly Odd Coaster? Really?), lack of consistency on theming (A Chinese Restaurant in a German section of the park, etc), and much more.

11. Trim Brakes. I know I mentioned it in the last complaint, but this deserves it's own complaint. A roller coaster should be designed so you do NOT have to slow the ride by 10 mph every 400-500 feet! Also, there are some brakes that are just not necessary. A trim, on a Kiddie Ride! There are trims on: Fairly Odd Coaster, Diamondback, Beast, Backlot, Vortex, Racer, Flight of Fear, Adventure Express, Son of Beast, and Invertigo. Wait, a ride, where you don't have to slow it in the middle of the ride for no apparent reason besides your loathsome hatred of speed? Say it aint so!

And finally,

12. Waiting in line. I know, it's an amusement park, get used to it, but I hate, I hate, I HATE having to wait hours upon hours for a ride. I just want to ride!

Kings Island. Where Else?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Trim brakes on Flight of Fear and The Beast. These are the two worst rides in the entire park when it comes to trims, IMO.

2. Basketballs- give it to the winner deflated. It drives me absolutely insane when someone repeatedly bounces a basketball. Also, when people throw said basketballs. I nearly got hit by one earlier on in the season and if one hits me, I'm tempted to pop the daggone thing.

3. Spitting on rides- this has happened to me twice this year, on the same ride go figure. If I see who did it- me, you, and KI security will be having a nice talk.

Okay, I'm done now.

Figured this might save some threads, since there seem to be quite a few threads of this type lately... and, it's a REALLY good excuse to vent. Which I need after TTD's been closed during my entire visit to CP.

-Our season passes. Why are they so thin? Why does the Cedar Point PP have a picture of the Eiffel Tower, but ours doesn't? Why does it refer to FearFest?

-

It doesn't reffer to FearFest. It says "not valid for FearFest". Last time I checked, it was called Halloween Haunt.

Thanks, Jackson, for the collection of pretty much everything said in this thread so far. :lol::lol:

Also, I must make a comment. When I first joined this forum, I was very open, and still am, about my hatred for trims. Everyone seemed to argue in favor of the trims at that time, so it feels good to know that I am definitely not in the minority. Perhaps I learned how to type it better or those who argued in favor have given up on changing my view. Regardless...this rocks!

Flyer, who wants to fly free of trims, and who also thinks The Beast Rider needs to learn how to spell queue.

People dribbling those stupid basketballs and playing with them in line.

(I seriously just need to get over this...Is there a therapy group or something?)

We should start a group therapy that involves buying a basketball and stabbing it millions of times with a knive until it's in shreds...then cutting the remaining shreds into pieces with scissors...then setting the tiny pieces of confetti on fire...then throwing the ashes on people dibbling the basketballs.

Flyer, who thinks this would be a blast!

(I seriously just need to get over this...Is there a therapy group or something?)

We should start a group therapy that involves buying a basketball and stabbing it millions of times with a knive until it's in shreds...then cutting the remaining shreds into pieces with scissors...then setting the tiny pieces of confetti on fire...then throwing the ashes on people dibbling the basketballs.

Sounds awesome, Where do i sign up? :D

Don't forget, you have to include the pit in Siberia somewhere!

Don't forget, you have to include the pit in Siberia somewhere!

That's just for trim brakes. We'll have to find another place to throw the basketballs. Putting them in with the trims would be an insult to the basketballs...even if they are annoying. How about digging a hole in the Sarengetti?

Not fond of the hand stamp...

If this ever happens to me, Guest Relations WILL be getting a visit. It's ridiculous that they buy the cheapest ink possible, and then they aren't lenient about - reentry. Sorry, ya'all- you can pick one or the other, but NOT both.

It doesn't reffer to FearFest. It says "not valid for FearFest". Last time I checked, it was called Halloween Haunt.

Why have it on there if there's no event called FearFest?

Sounds awesome, Where do i sign up? :D

Dribble haters anonymous.

Considering I played basketball most of my life it sounds weird saying that.

Really the only things I can think of that annoy me are faults of guests and not (necessarily) the park itself.

1. (MAJOR pet peeve) Couples who won't stay off of eachother in lines

Just ignore it. I had friends who did that and it got really annoying and every time I turn around they are making out.

Flyer, who wants to fly free of trims, and who also thinks The Beast Rider needs to learn how to spell queue.

:P

Gotta aggravate you somehow!

Maybe, just maybe, the tide is beginning to turn on trim brakes. I'm seeing it come up more often here lately. Has KI finally gone too far?

*Firehawk's inefficient loading system that they tout as "groundbreaking". Its ridiculous that in its third year at Kings Island you still can't get on it 90% of the time without waiting at least 45 minutes! It was for this reason this past visit I just passed on the ride.

*Also on that note, I don't like the fact that you can't just put your stuff in your pockets in the metal boxes, you HAVE to pay 75 cents everytime you ride! If you can do it on every other ride, why not Firehawk?

*I hate the stupid video on Flight of Fear. Its one of my favorite rides but I hardly ever ride int because I don't wanna watch that stupid video. Its dated too, who calls the internet "The net" anymore? Thats so 1996.

*I hate the fact Son of Beast is closed for what seems like all the time!

That may be about it for now.

The video wasn't playing during Memorial Weekend, but when we were there 2 weeks ago, it was on every tv. We commented on how corny it was hehe. The mirrors in that area need cleaned. It kills the illusion now.

Something else is that the only cheap lockers are next to Firehawk, when before they were next to Viking Fury and Tomb Raider.

And the no reentry during Halloween Haunt, I'm sure annoys people.

No reentry during Halloween Haunt is for security reasons.

I just rode the FoF this past Sunday and yes the video is still running, the exact same video that was shot in 1996 about the federal investigation bureau of paranormal activity, discovering a UFO, people in the hanger (as the cameras shoot the guests waiting in line for FoF) and all on a screen that looks like a Macintosh from 1996 with several video windows open... and just as annoying as ever.

that might be the thing I hate the most in the park! its really the reason I rarely ever will ride FoF unless its a really dead day and there is no wait on it!

A couple more:

*the Handstamps. They are horrible and wear off too easy. I haven't had a problem getting back in but it is annoying. What happened to the blacklight ink stuff they used to use?

*No shuttle to and from Great Wolf Lodge. What gives with this? Its supposively the "official resort of Kings Island" and it replaced the campground, which DID have shuttle busses, and even the former "official" resort of Kings Island still has shuttle busses, but Great Wolf you gotta pay on average $400/night only to have to drive back and forth between the park and the lodge! I find it ridiculous!

I have a couple complaints about the park. for one, and i have adressed it with guest relations but nothing noticable has been done. When the single rider line at Diamondback is closed, people go in the normal line and hop under the rail into the single rider line. Last week i was waiting for the line to open (there was obviously a line) and 9 kids did this. I pointed it out the the girl working the gate, but all she did was open the line so we could go. The line jumpers werent even told anything! Also when "groups" get in the line and it gets backed up past the bottom of the stairs. There was a girls soccer team and a church group in this line that day, all in identical shirts. This line is meant for single riders, not for groups to try to make it on faster. Other than that, I LOVE KI!