What annoys you about the park?

CedarPointer

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what really annoys me about the park? All this negativity around the park lately. It's only necessary to a certain point....My OPINION is this thread is not good for the environment of KI and KIC.

Nice post...and I agree with almost 100% of what you said...I do think that the park needs criticism/constructive criticism but there does seem to be more negativity lately than I can remember in a long time...and we're not even in the off-season yet! (That is when I am used to seeing threads like this.)

But, I will say that yes, I AM guilty of reading everyone's comments though...for some reason I can't help myself.

We're all one big happy family here at KIC. We love to read what everyone has to say because more than likely we're going to disagree with at least one thing and then post what we think about that certain subject.

There's a difference between doing certain things to keep the line moving and being kind about it, and the attitude that some of the crew gets. There are a couple females on the DB crew who are VERY rude at times when you request a seat and it is completely unnecessary.

I got the same thing from a female crew member I asked her for row 16 and she said "No you will go where i tell you to go." Me and my friend were so mad at here we stared at her the whole time and thinking about going to guest relations because she was very rude about it.

I rode between about 12:45 and 1:20-ish. Somewhere in there (I didn't have my phone so I could check the time). Are you a ride op for The Beast?

Whew! All clear! And I'll admit to nothing!

I will have to find out when you are there. Some are determined that it must go down one more click while others never say a thing but "check".

With regards to the dirty splashdown, there is probably a filtration pump somewhere.. My thoughts are that maybe it is broken at the moment, because you know they would want to keep their newest attraction looking its best.. We can only hope..

I always thought that the waterfall was a sort of cycling water filtration system, though i could be wrong

Reverse line jumping. You get a group of people that thinks they all have to be on the same train.

"Do you want to go in front of us?"

"No wait Tom we're lined up to go together."

"No we're not mom. There are 3 people in that line."

"I already told these people to go in front of me dad."

Can't these people just get on and ride and wait 2 minutes for their party at the exit. What are they gonna do, play a hand of euchre while they're on the train. When somebody asks me to go in front of them, I tell them that is breaking the line jumping rule and I can't do that. WAIT FOR YOUR GROUP AT THE EXIT!!!

While I'm at it, for the people who don't ride the same train as the rest of your group, LEAVE THE STATION TO WAIT FOR THEM. They won't dispatch the train if you stay there.

Basketballs. Stupid basketballs. All the things there are to do at an amusement park and people want to dribble these things around all day. There are plenty of basketball courts you can go to for free. Pay a bunch of money to get into a park and dribble a ball around all day. Stupid basketballs.

I did get to kick a stray ball into the water at Cedar Point one time. Told the guy I thought he wanted to play kickball. Terrible dribbler. I thought it was a between the legs pitch.

Pretty grouchy for a first post.

You know what really annoys me about the park? All this negativity around the park lately. It's only necessary to a certain point. But this thread is really unnecessary. Yes, it brings up the bad in the park. Is that good? Like I said, to a certain point. In my OPINION, remember, I am entitled to an OPINION. My OPINION is this thread is not good for the environment of KI and KIC.

Keyword of the day is? Opinion!

Well, considering that this thread has almost ten pages, only a fraction of which are negative toward the thread, I'd say the majority don't find the thread to be unnecessary. Don't get me wrong- I love KI. But, KI isn't perfect. Neither am I, and neither are you. We all have our flaws, and sometimes, things need to be said. I wasn't trying to make myself sound grumpy by starting the thread (well, maybe TTD being down for 1.5 days was part of it), I just had noticed a lot of negative threads lately (SoB is down threads turining into burn SoB-fests, etc.). I was fully intending to create a "Things that you love about the park" thread, but I got beat to it. And, many of the things in this thread ARE true- it's not like we're making stuff up or complaing about little things. DB's splashdown water IS green, line jumping IS a problem (which it is NOT at CP), etc. And, best of all, most of the negative comments are neatly rolled up into one thread! Which, of course, means, if you don't like negativity about the park, you can just skip this thread and pretend it doesn't exist. :)

CedarPointer, who can't believe he just typed that much!

Ugh, those basketballs are so annoying! I was in KI yesterday, in line for the Scooby Doo ride, and there were two kids in front of me who each had one of those smaller-sized balls. One of the kids bounced his ball too high, and the ball went over the rail and went rolling across the room. I couldn't help but snicker a little when the kid went through all those rails to get his ball back.

I've read some posts complaining about the smoking issues, but when I went, no one was smoking outside the designated areas. I'm going back to KI later today, so hopefully I won't have to experience the smoking problem myself.

^ No, I'm not grumpy. I'm just trying to give my opinion without getting bashed! haha! :)

You forgot to type 'opinion' in all capital letters ;) .

With regards to the dirty splashdown, there is probably a filtration pump somewhere.. My thoughts are that maybe it is broken at the moment, because you know they would want to keep their newest attraction looking its best.. We can only hope..

I always thought that the waterfall was a sort of cycling water filtration system, though i could be wrong

Actually, running water does help filter water. When water is runnning and constantly flowing, it helps circulate the water and airate (sp?) the water. Then with Diamondback's trains going through the water every couple of minutes, the water is further circulated. I wouldn't think any algae would be growing since the water is constantly moving.

^ No, I'm not grumpy. I'm just trying to give my opinion without getting bashed! haha! :)

You forgot to type 'opinion' in all capital letters ;) .

Actually, running water does help filter water. When water is runnning and constantly flowing, it helps circulate the water and airate (sp?) the water. Then with Diamondback's trains going through the water every couple of minutes, the water is further circulated. I wouldn't think any algae would be growing since the water is constantly moving.

The problem is that the pool is probably about 4 feet deep (judging by the fact the top of the chain link fence is barely visible) and the scoops only recirculate the top foot of it. If you look down from the top of the hill, you will see that the water is definitely green. The top of Diamondback's lift hill and the top of the Eiffel Tower are the only two places you can see how nasty the water really is.

no offence to anyone that said Lines but umm isn't that the point of a theme park? (of lack of, get theme theres no theme) Lines are just a natural part. You can't realy fix them, and you can't make them shorter....its just a luck of the draw on how long you will wait. So lines=naturaly accuring events=earthquakes=a good movie=a good ride in Gatlinburg=Dollywood=too off topic!!

Lol I thought it was funny.

During my visit on Thursday I didn't witness anyone smoking outside of the designated areas. If you ask me the park gets an A in that category. The designated areas are not everywhere and the park was not littered with butts.

• 5 weeks later...
I hate rude people who cut in line, people who smoke out of designated areas, rudeness of the ride-ops, The crypt, and people who spit in the park.

I have never seen as much spitting in my life when I went to Cedar Point last week. My first night I went to the park I went to Maverick first and after a while of waiting I got to wait around the little pond and tons of people were spitting into the pond. When I finally got to the part that was above the water all you could see was spit! I saw people spitting everywhere and smoking everywhere. Other than that I had a blast!

I think the thing that annoys me worst at Kings Island is the awful smell of sewage in different places throughout the park. Over by Delirium by the smoking area, walking underneath The Racer back to X-Base. There are various places where the smell is just disgusting.