Most OVERRATED major ride at Kings Island

McSalsa

A while back, someone made a poll about the most underrated ride at KI. Now here is the opposite. In the list above I give you 12 of Kings Island's most famous and bragged about rides that we are told "you have to ride this!". Note the lack of non-heavily promoted rides such as Adventure Express and Flight Deck, etc. While those rides are great, a typical park guest doesn't even know they even exist until they look at the map.

Of the rides listed, which of them underperforms the most?

My pick: Crypt. Too short, boring, end of story. <_<

i voted backlot, the animation for it made the ride look amazing and people that got to ride it before me talked about how great it was.

but it was actually my second ride that made me think it was overrated, my first ride was at night and with the lights and fire working it was a very good ride.

Note: Some rides were given more hype than others. You can consider this when making your vote. DropZone99 probably did this.

Example: Beast, SOB, and Diamondback were given far more hype than BLSC, meaning they have to be AAA or its a dud. :wacko:

I'm going to say Firehawk really. The first ride I loved it, and thought it was the best ride I've ever rode. But everytime I've rode it, its been less and less thrilling, and I'm realizing how slow that coaster moves. I think it only goes like 30mph or so. Its not a bad ride, but the wait almost always sucks, and its just not worth the wait, which is why I didn't bother riding it last time.

I'm going to say Firehawk really. The first ride I loved it, and thought it was the best ride I've ever rode. But everytime I've rode it, its been less and less thrilling, and I'm realizing how slow that coaster moves. I think it only goes like 30mph or so. Its not a bad ride, but the wait almost always sucks, and its just not worth the wait, which is why I didn't bother riding it last time.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

I went with Vortex. The brake runs and the turns into them make the ride not worth it to me. I even rode in 5-1 and wasn't impressed. I don't know what it is, but I've been on seven Arrow coasters and I haven't been too impressed with any of them. Only Flight Deck and Magnum (depending on which seat is chosen) do anything for me really.

Firehawk does 50 miles per hour. It is one of my favorite coasters at Kings Island, though I like Nighthawk even better at Carowinds...when, that is, one is allowed to ride it with glasses (with a strap). Which is sometimes yes and sometimes no.

Guest rcfreak339

Crypt has to be one of the most overrated rides ever. All the hype only to flip around a couple of times. I personally like Firehawk, it's just the wait is horrible.

*Disclaimer: This is the members OPINION. Everyone has their own OPINION and is entitled to speak their OPINION.

Beast1979 - I'm guessing you were only half joking when you wrote this, but I understand why you did. Kind of sad that you have to worry about getting slammed for an opinion.

That said, I chose FOF (I couldn't vote Crypt as I've never ridden it in any incarnation). There just isn't enough to the ride to get me to say "I've got to go ride that".

Firehawk does 50 miles per hour. It is one of my favorite coasters at Kings Island, though I like Nighthawk even better at Carowinds...when, that is, one is allowed to ride it with glasses (with a strap). Which is sometimes yes and sometimes no.

I could of swore a year ago you were telling me you didn't like Firehawk much and the B&M style flying coaster's were much better than the Vekoma Flying Dutchmen

I said Invertigo. Paramount could easily have given us a better inverted coaster. Invertigo really isn't that fun.

When Kings Island added Face/off, I showed up with my high school for after prom hoping to ride their awesome new inverted coaster. I didn't read much into it. When I got there and saw Face/Off sitting up front, I was like "thats it? Cedar Point gets Raptor, Kentucy Kingdom gets T2, Six Flags gets Batman, and we get this little Rinky dinky thing? WTH?" I was pretty dissapointed. I actually do like the ride a bit, though it kind of makes me sick with its direction switching if I ride it too much, but I would of much better had an awesome B&M invert than a Vekoma Inverted boomerang! It comes in a close 2nd to Firehawk.

I had to pick The Crypt. Though, I wouldn't say it's technically overrated since no one gives it high ratings. That is I haven't heard anyone rave about it. I loved it last season when it flipped 9 times. I rode it once this season and I doubt I'll ride it again. The ride does have potential, so I'm hoping CF will find a solution to its problems and make a cool ride out of it. However, I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually shut it down.

I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually shut it down.

Neither would I, and the more I hear, the more I think it will be gone by the beginning of next season at the latest.

That said, the music in the queue line and the fact that it is still a moderately fun ride allow me to be okay with it.

I could of swore a year ago you were telling me you didn't like Firehawk much and the B&M style flying coaster's were much better than the Vekoma Flying Dutchmen

Not me, McGee...I have always much preferred the Vekoma Flying Dutchmen to the B and M Flying Coasters (with the exception of Tatsu, which is my favorite of all the flying coasters I have ridden). This is very much a minority opinion, but I find the Vekomas smoother, more fluid, their trains more comfortable, and the loading position far, far more comfortable...and the waiting position on brake runs even more so. Tatsu is incredible, and I am sure that new thing down at Seaworld Orlando is, too!

Son of Beast by far!!! Everyone sees it and their like, wow man that thing is tall lets go ride it. I bet it goes super fast. Yeah man it's much better than The Beast. No. Son of Beast is and always will be, a humongous pile of southern yellow pine.