Why do you visit Kings Island?

HTCO

I thought we could actually have a positive thread about KI with all this negativity towards the park lately. So whats all the good things about the park that you like, and make you want to visit?

For me, it would be the rides and almost all of the workers there are really nice and I just love the environment. Plus I live literally 3 minutes from the park.

The Beast, the view from the eifel tower, and The Racers.

and the best area for any pirate ship...

Kings Island is great

lots of bad negativity lately

even from its fans

Watch for not supporting a park??

Geuga lake???

not that its going to get like that but????

I like the fact that it gives me something to do/get out of the house. :D I have made so many friends there so i enjoy that as well. Somedays i go to ride rides and other days like today i will have only rode 2 rides the entire time. Its always a new adventure with my friends.

We go to Kings Island because their kids area is great! They have a lot of coasters that my beginner coaster rider can enjoy. We can get to CP in about the same amount of time, but I am afraid that the coasters there are a bit too itimidating for her at the present time.

Maybe next year, but first she has to ride DB and SoB(hopefully).

Why do I visit:

- Adrenaline rush of a rollercoaster (almost any will do - the rush is just better/longer on some)

- Airtime on Diamondback, Helix on Beast, Nostalgia on Racer/Vortex

- Smiles on my kids faces (these may or may not be in order depending upon the day!)

- Meeting new people (queues are great for this)

- Ability to get away from reality for a few hours

Kings Island is a truly magical place that draws me back again and again, and probably always will. From the people who work there to the attractions I have come to see as old friends in these 38 seasons so far (has it been that many, yes, it has....wow), to watching how things are done at Kings Island (Kings Island, where else?) to the people watching to the knowing I will almost always run into an old friend and ride most of the day with him or her (or them)...there's no place quite like Kings Island.

Kings Island is a truly magical place that draws me back again and again, and probably always will. From the people who work there to the attractions I have come to see as old friends in these 38 seasons so far (has it been that many, yes, it has....wow), to watching how things are done at Kings Island (Kings Island, where else?) to the people watching to the knowing I will almost always run into an old friend and ride most of the day with him or her (or them)...there's no place quite like Kings Island.

I think that Terpy said it! It certainly hasn't been 38 for me, but it has been long enough that I feel as though it's my home away from home.