Boomerang Bay

gigacoaster2k

As unbelievable as it sounds, I have never set foot in KI's water park.

With the blazing hot temperatures, and remembering the fun I had at Holiday World's Splashin Safari, I definitely plan on hitting BB the next time I go if it is this hot. I used to not be a fan of water parks, but that was actually my first visit to any water park. Besides a lake, log flumes, or a community pool, I have never really used the water to cool off. After SS, I realized how much fun I have been missing out on.

What slides are the best ones? I'll go on anything totally crazy. And who would be up for joining me?

Me and Ashers would be up for the waterpark sometime! You really have been missing out, Kings Islands waterpark is a lot of fun! My personal favorite slides are:

Bondi Pipeline

Awesome Aussie Twister

Snowy River Rampage

Tazmanian Typhoon

and Sydney Sidewinder

I HATE Coolangata Racer, I have hit my head on that slide before, and so has Ashley and my little cousin too, all on seperate occasions. They are really boring too.

The lazy river is really fun if you want a nice relaxing trip, and the wave pool is fun to just swim around in.

I've only been there once and it was like 1 hour before it closed. We just rode Coolangatta Racer, which was somewhat fun, but boring for the most part (Didn't get us wet at all really. :P ) And spent the rest of the time at the Wave Pool. Okay sized waves and nice water. Way too many bandanges and objects-for-people's-hair floating around in there. The Lazy River is nice but filled with nasty branches, leaves, and, of course, bandages.

As for Awesome Aussie Twister, my friend rode that (Had to take a break from the Wave Pool, hehe.) and came back and said "I almost drowned all the way down that thing and hit my head about three times!"

The concrete is super epic hawt! We literally skipped across the whole park from the lockers because it was so hot.

But yeah, I'm going again on the fourth and we're definatly going to BB again. It's a nice, mainly relaxing way to spend time that is not filled at KI.

I liked both lazy rivers at HW. I think my favorite ride that we rode was Otorongo.. that thing was insane. The Bahari Wave Pool's waves were so choppy that they nearly knocked me over! :)

I wore flip flops to HW's waterpark for the reason that I hate walking on scorching hot pavement. When I took them off to ride stuff in the water park, I'd dip them in water if they were really hot. Kat had the bright idea to turn our flip flops sole up so when we came back, we wouldn't have to slide our feet into hot shoes.

I love Snowy River Rampage and like Coolangatta Racer. Snowy River Rampage reminds me of The Beast (It's in the back of the park and really flyes through the woods) and Coolangatta Racer is pretty intense, not for the weak of heart rider. I haven't had the opportunity to ride Tasmanian Typhoon yet, so I have no opinion on that one.

Do not, I repeat, do NOT ride Awesome Aussie Twister. It WILL hurt you. Down Under Thunder I have had to push myself through on several occasions, and Bondi Pipeline is, just, not fun at all.

Aside from the Slides there's not much else to do, there's a wavepool that is adequate, and Pipeline Paradise which is pretty fun. Food is just what you'd expect from Kings Island, and shade is minimal.

As much as I hate to admit it, I have not ridden a water slide or had my swim suit on at Kings Island and Boomerang Bay since the season pass preview back in 2004! Which is a little sad, considering that my thesis was focused on water parks (albeit the indoor variety in particular). I however, did make several trips around Boomerang Bay last year and this year. I must say that the landscaping over in Boomerang Bay is impeccable! Too bad the same level doesn`t appear to show through as much in the main park.

When I went down to Disney World last year, I visited both of their water parks. Talk about fantastic water parks! Worried about walking on hot pavement/concrete? Never fear, Disney has fountains that spray on the walk ways, so the paths are wet and cool for those bare feet. And the theming is simply amazing. Of the two Disney water parks, I preferred Blizzard Beach. The layout at Typhoon Lagoon just seemed a little awkward. My sister and I were there in September, so it wasn`t peak season, so the water parks were fairly empty when we went. Well worth the visit, in my opinion.

I'm also a big fan of Snowy River Rampage. I also like Syndey Sidewinder and Tasmanian Typhoon, but am not a big fan of the body slides. The wave pool is fun, but not as good as others I've been in (the one at The Beach and the one at Kentucky Kingdom).

IMO, I just don't enjoy Boomerang Bay if I go for multipul reasons. This may be because I have been spoiled by Splashin' Safari though.

1.) The times I have went it has ALWAYS been dirty.

2.) The most thrilling slide there is a version of Zinga at SS. (IMO Zinga is better)

3.) I can spend my time MUCH better at the main park.

My only problem with Boomerang Bay (and I had the same issue with Splashin' Safari) is that the slides always have huge lines. I'd rather not wait in an hour line to ride a water slide, but I also don't want to go to a water park on a cool day! So I haven't ridden many of the slides that I'd like to because of the wait time, such as Tasmanian Typhoon. I normally stick to the lazy river and wave pool at Boomerang Bay.

For the hot/ruff concrete at water parks I always where a pair of Fivefinger shoes, I have the sprint model, shown below. I try to wear them a couple of hour a week, and just walk in them go to the store and do everyday stuff, it really helps make you ankles stronger, and all the little muscles in your feet.

They are just like being barefoot, just protected. They are great for the lake too.

http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/

vibram-fivefingers-sprint-1.jpg

If and when you go to BB make absolutely sure you have a swimsuit with no rivets, zippers, buttons, metal etc on the back or sides if you plan on riding any body slides. I have swim trunks with 2 little rivets in each cargo pocket and on my last trip at all the body slides the lifeguard wouldn't let me go down. There is a sign at the bottom of the stairs on slides this applies too.

Sometimes you will get a guard that doesn't care and will let you go, but that has been rare for me.

Actually, I just went for a few hours today. We got on all the slides except Snowy River Rampage becasue it was closed, Coolangata Racer, and the Lazy River. We got on all the other slides and swam in the wave pool in an hour and a half! It wasn't too crowded for how hot it was, we got there at around 11:30.

Also about the rivets or gromets, all the lifegaurds on the body slides today just had you roll your suit up so the metal was covered.

Logan D.Posted Today, 05:47 PM If and when you go to BB make absolutely sure you have a swimsuit with no rivets, zippers, buttons, metal etc on the back or sides if you plan on riding any body slides. I have swim trunks with 2 little rivets in each cargo pocket and on my last trip at all the body slides the lifeguard wouldn't let me go down. There is a sign at the bottom of the stairs on slides this applies too.

Sometimes you will get a guard that doesn't care and will let you go, but that has been rare for me.

That happned to me two weeks ago, i didnt even realize i had rivets. They let me on Bondi Pipeline but not the Awesome Twister.

One thing i dont like about the park is you have to walk and walk and walk to get to the attractions. I mean you get off the Snowy River Rampage and have to walk up a flight of stairs lol!

Does anyone else agree that the stuff they have on the floor while waiting for slides hurt yor feet?

On some slides' line areas yes, and no on others. I noticed the blue mat stuff didn't hurt my feet ar bad on Snowy River Rampage. The white steps were fine. Awesome Aussie Twister's steps and the steps to the single innertube slide (I forget the name) are okay. Coolangotta Racer is okay too.