Location of premium parking vs getting a locker

cmcmindiana

This will be my first time visiting KI and having to park at the parking lot (stayed at campgrounds years ago and the "resort" across the street in recent years, using the shuttle all times). Also, it will be my first time in recent years that I will be without a stroller as my youngest is now past that stage. The negative of that is no where to throw a bag of supplies I like to have on hand for my daughters. My question: Would it make more sense to pay the $5 extra for premium parking so we could run out to the car to retreive items, or to rent a locker to hold things? The items I would be taking are those that we wouldn't need often, maybe not at all. Since the heat is starting to decrease some, I'll probably also throw in a couple of sweatshirts for my daughters for night time, just in case. So the amount of times the backpack would be needed in a day: anywhere from 0 to 2 times.

Second question - if we do pay for premium parking, does that work like the general lot in that if we do leave in the middle of the day, we can get back into that lot without having to pay again? We are planning on staying all day, but plans can change if my daughters start to drag.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

• Like 1

Much depends on what time you are going to get to the park. And how much you like to walk. If you have a Gold or Platinum Pass, you can park in gold pass parking...the nearest space of which is still nearly a city block from the gate. If you have a disability placard (and I assume you do not), you can park in the disability parking, which is very close to the gate. Otherwise, premium parking is probably your best bet, and yes, you can re-enter it just as you can the main lot, with your receipt...

I do what you are describing all the time and often will leave the VIP lot to go to Boomerang Bay entrance with our swim attire then later after were done there, change and drive back to the VIP lot later that day. But I try to keep this quiet as I do not want others to figure it out especially the nickle raising corporate types.

Edit to add; Move along folks nothing further to read below.

Edited by Avatar

How much do lockers cost? If they're cheaper than $5, I'd just get a locker. As far as leaving, if you don't have a gold or platinum pass and therefore you pay for parking, keep your recipt so you will be able to re-enter the parking lot without having to pay again. Also, as Terpy previously stated, the gold pass parking area is still quite far from the park entrance. The premium parking is much closer (usually). Although, I think if you start having to park at the far end of the lot, I think it can get further than the gold parking (I'm not sure as I've never parked there before).

Have fun on your trip :)!

Please note that there is no Preferred Parking in the Boomerang Bay lot! That is just FYI because people have bought Preferred thinking there was a lot like that in the Boomerang Bay lot.

Also, yes you can re-enter the preferred lot with your preferred receipt. However! Do make sure that the associate does print you out the correct receipt out at the parking tolls that will get you back into the preferred lot.

Why do I feel like this lady in the Chef boy-ar-dee commercial. Shh

Yes if you have parking privileges then you only need to pay the difference. usually $5.00 but seen it higher and passed.

***Post edited here to remove better updated information, which can be found in LaurAsh post below.***

Note that the parking over by Boomerang Bay is close by that entrance and even on worst of days would not even need a VIP section, as just season pass holders can enter there.

Why do I feel like the lady in the soup commercial. Sh

Yes if you have parking privileges then you only need to pay the difference. usually $5.00 but seen it higher and passed.

The entrance to Boomerang Bay from the parking lot is only assessable to Season Pass holders as the regular daily ticket holders need to enter boomerang Bay through the parks entrance to the water park.

Note that the parking over by Boomerang Bay is close by that entrance and even on worst of days would not even need a VIP section, as just season pass holders can enter there.

This is no longer true. Now anyone can enter Boomerang Bay through the separate entrance. You cannot buy tickets over there though. Gold Pass holders can get in a half hour early to save seats.

Thanks LaurAsh did not know that changed I always hated sending our friends through the park to get in. I will change my earlier post to reflect your information to reduce confusion.

why do BB ERT great seats, changed and ready to ride as they let others in. I park in the VIP lot then go to DB ERT, followed by 2-3 other coaster rides until 10:40AM then drive over to the BB entrance go in change and get seats, Ride the most popular water attractions before any lines form. Thats why I do it.

The lockers by Firehawk/FOF are 75 cents per opening. The others, I believe, start at $7 and go up from there....

You could just get an all day locker up at the front of the park for about 15 bucks plus $5 deposit,we did this last weekend at KD when we had our jackets with us because of the rain & it worked out rather well.I don't know if the prices are the same at KI but it's definitely worth a shot.

Thank you to all of you that gave your input! I think we may just pay for the premium parking and skip the locker. Since we're going in Sunday evening for a little bit, that will also give me a chance to scope it out before spending all day there on Monday. I just put the last item into our bags for our Sunday departure. I'm like a little kid - in about 17 hours we'll be entering the park and I'm so excited! The last time I was there was summer of 2007. But I'm even more excited this year because my parents and my sister and her family are also going. The last time my sister and I were at KI with my parents was probably mid-80's. My sister hasn't been back since. We are planning on going Sunday evening, and both Monday and Tuesday also, visiting the water park for some of that time. OK...I need to push myself to get into bed so I can get some sleep before making the trip from Northern Indiana to KI...yeah!!!

• Like 1