Tattoo Highway KI-Saturday 6-27-09

Raptor Jo

We never go near a park on a Saturday and today reminded me why! Thomas Pendelton from “Tattoo Highway” was making an appearance today and doing a tattoo contest, that is the ONLY reason we ventured to the park.

We took advantage of the early admission ERT, got my 100th Diamondback ride! I had made a sign that said “100 rides” (I know, I’m a tool) and held it up for the onride photo. It came out awesome! I bought a keychain (cause I didn’t want to have to carry the picture around) and paid to have the picture emailed to me. Since the photo employee couldn’t spell “cedar” or “point” (which are both in my email addy) I should have assumed she wouldn’t have typed it in right. She didn’t, so I didn’t get the emailed copy of the picture I had paid for. There is basically nothing I can do about that, no one to contact, nadda. I am so disappointed! The keychain photo is too tiny to even bother scanning. So figures!!! :angry:

While hubby and I rode DB a couple more times, we were told we couldn’t reride, despite no one in our row. We saw other riders on our trains reriding and an ACE-er who is there a lot was allowed to keep switching her seat if needed to reride. I’m not complaining we weren’t allowed to reride, I just think the crew needs to be consistent and fair to everyone. Either allow rerides or not. We rode 4x and then headed for The Beast.

Despite being early in the morning The Beast was kicking butt. We rode in the front car and was happy to hear the crew advising reriding was fine and if row taken to feel free to find an empty row. We moved to row 5.…guess I had forgotten how bouncy Beast is away from the 1st row. Still fun and a 5 rerides was a great way to get our morning started before the GP attacked the park.

It was then we found out KI no longer had the drink wrist band available :( No idea why they stopped selling it except my guess would be they were losing $. I totally blame my hubby, he can easily finish off 50.00 worth of pop when he’s got one of those bands! We were both pretty bummed about it so stuck with (free) ice water the rest of day.

We enjoyed Scooby Doo where I kicked my hubby’s butt 1410 to 750! Thank goodness there was a long line or I can guarantee he would have made us ride again so he could try to beat me. Mans ego, a horrible thing to crush!

We walked over to TopFlightGunDeck. In all the years I’ve ridden that ride I have never ridden in the 1st car, no wait so we rode it. Made like a whole new ride, wow it was fun! With the rail overhead like that it reminded me of Raptor a bit. Fun! I have always liked the ride even though it’s too short. I hear rumors it may be leaving, hope it is nothing but a rumor.

At Flight Deck’s entrance and exit, got to watch guests complaining about SOB being closed. I didn’t see any maintenance or any human even near the ride, did think to myself how quickly it would go up if gasoline and a well placed match managed to hit it some how.

Headed to ItalianBackJobStuntCoaster, still a fun little ride, but I can so do without the helicopter and fire thing. The beginning launch reminds me of Maverick’s 2nd part-didn’t even notice the similarity until today.

We watched the Air Force Drill Corps routine, wow! It was fabulous!

We rode a few more things here and there before heading to FestHaus for the tattoo contest. We ended up catching the end of the “County Line” show - pretty good from what I saw. Very talented singers.

I made the preliminary tattoo pick and I am sure that was only because it was my CP skyline tattoo. When I saw the other tattoos I was competing with I was thinking WTH was I thinking even bothering? The other people had works of art - and many full sleeves. I knew I was dead meat when Thomas and his wife were really impressed with this chick who had a Bride of Frankenstein and a Phantom of the Opera tatts. Oh well - I did show them my CP skyline tatt, got a “nice” from them and I walked away knowing there was no way on earth I would win unless Dick Kinzel himself was doing the judging. It was still fun anyway! The grand prize was a gift certificate for another tattoo-what a shocker that was! NOT!

Decided we had done pretty much everything we wanted to, it was toasty warm, park looked packed and lines were way long, so we decided to head home. The parking lot wasn’t full but it was after 5 and people were still coming in.

Despite not having an online 100th DB ride photo, no unlimited pop wrist band, not winning the tattoo contest, we had a really fun day! KI looked super clean, very red white and blue, and even with the horrid humidity. the crews were super!

Thanks for your report I was hoping someone would report about the tattoo contest, sorry you did not win but glad to hear you participated. About your DB picture, they should be able to look it back up- if you have the number of the photo that would be the easiest way to get it and it may be on your receipt. Otherwise you should be able to call them and give them the time of day and a description of the photo. After all you paid for the service, I am sure they want you satisfied. Please let us know if it does come in or how it turns out in the end. Have a great evening.

^Maybe it was an accident. Sheesh.

Don't you get a receipt when you pay for the emailed picture?

Maybe it was an accident, but it did affect ME. I have my 100-1900 ride photos from Raptor, wanted to add a 100 DB. Stupid to some maybe, but sentimental to me.

During RWW they allowed US to enter our email addys...maybe that's a better idea? <_<

Yes I have the receipt but KI isn't WalMart I can't just go back and request a refund-I dont want a refund (its only $1.99 for goodness sakes) I wanted my picture! I do know the picture# if that could help anything.

Jo

I'm up to 58 rides on Diamondback now, and it was fun meeting you again Giga it is nice to go ride at ki with friends then to spend a few hours riding by myself! My little beasties didn't feel well at home and the fam had a graduation party to go to plus seeing all the tattoo on ppl walking around I wasn't going to waste my time showing off my half done coaster tattoo.

Be patient about the emailed photo. It took 3 or 4 days for mine to get to me.

You should definitely call guest relations to see if they can do anything about the photo though. I'd guess it saves it somewhere when they are emailed so they may still have it.

Posted from my BlackBerry mobile device.

You should definitely call guest relations to see if they can do anything about the photo though. I'd guess it saves it somewhere when they are emailed so they may still have it.

Just wanted to follow up on this. I took everyone's advise who said to contact KI about the picture. Well I did and guess what? I got an email reply with my picture attached!! Yeah!

Don't you just love great customer service??

Thanks to everyone! :rolleyes:

Jo

[

Just wanted to follow up on this. I took everyone's advise who said to contact KI about the picture. Well I did and guess what? I got an email reply with my picture attached!! Yeah!

Don't you just love great customer service??

Thanks to everyone! :rolleyes:

Jo

see it all worked out! :D now you just need to post it in here or on the DB on ride photo thread ;) lol glad to see you had a good time, and you made it past the prelims!