Best place to watch fireworks?

cmcmindiana

We are just about to work out the door to drive down to KI today, and will be in the park this evening. Your opinion - where is the best spot to stand for the best view of the fireworks? I did a quick search and didn't see this posted before. Thanks in advance for your help.

Many have their favorites spot but if you have kids or you like a lot of atmosphere, may I suggest up by the front gate by the Royal Fountain. More precise about half way between the Gate Building and the start of the Royal Fountain more to the south side (bathroom side) as the north side of that area does not get a good view and they move over to the south side when the fireworks start.

Below is a video I shot a year ago from that same spot. I recommend this spot as I think with the Royal Fountain and the Eiffel Tower in the foreground it gives the fireworks more atmosphere.

The video should help give you a idea of where I am talking about in the above location description.

Edit to Add: As Interpreter suggested here is a video form a top of the Eiffel Tower, we did get there plenty early and stood right on the rail but as you see in the video many squirmed their way in front of us. nice view just go up there with your patience.

Thanks for the tips. Since my sister's youngest is just 3, and even my 6 year old has trouble sitting still for a while, I don't think we'll try the Eiffel Tower since I had heard from others also that you have to get there early. We'll probably try the other suggestion. Thanks!

I personally feel the best view of the Fireworks is from the Diamondback lift hill, top of second hill, top of third hill, overbanked turn (this is a really great location), trim hill, MCBR, etc...

I got my third (and best) fireworks ride tonight as they started as we were exiting the station.