06/29/09

Creed Bratton

I left my apartment about 9:15, made it to the park about 9:45 and hung out in the parking lot until just about 10. My friends and I went to go purchase our tickets...everything seemed to go all right! Until my one friend, Ashley, went to go pay for her ticket with her ATM card. The lady wouldn't let her purchase her ticket with her ATM card because she didn't have her ID on her. So I paid for the ticket and we headed to security. We started to go through. Ashley got yelled at by the security guard because she had a sundress on and didn't have shorts on. She told Ashley to go directly to the water park. --She was really rude about it--. I got through fine and had board shorts on. Saw a few females with just Bikini tops on...and somehow they were allowed through without being told to go to the water park directly.

We didn't go directly to the water park because we were not intending to head over that way yet. We headed to Action Zone. Things started looking up! We hit up Invertigo! I forgot how fun that ride was and short! We decided to hit up the Delirium. It's been a few years since I have rode that one...and it was a lot of fun. We were not sure what to ride next so we strolled toward Coney Mall. I noticed that the slingshot was $5 so I got my friend Kristen to go on it with me. The wait was a little long but it was totally worth it. I was really nervous about it. I had a hard time from screaming a few explicatives. We had a blast! We hit up the Adventure Express. It was kinda rough! On a good note the stone men on the last hill were working. There were a few where all you could see was their eyes.

We then decided to ride the bumper cars...I'm sure I crashed into several little kids and some adults who were jerks! We hit up the Flight of Fear where I heard something really funny.

We were 3 trains away from getting on and there was a group who wanted to go with a group further down the rows so we let them head up that way. A boy about 16 or 17 walked up to the line with a big banana, won from an arcade game. He asked the ride op close to us "Hey sir where can I put my 'nana" Ride op replied "I'd prefer it to stay in your pants sir". I about died laughing!

After that we hit up the Festhaus (Spelling??) It was nice to sit down for a while. We got a chance to see the Country show, forgive me I can't remember the name. There were several really talented young stars. I had another friend and KI staff member meet up with us. We headed for Diamondback! We had a blast!!! It was so much fun! Then we hit up WWC and I didn't get very wet but the others did. Then we got on the train and headed to BB.

Did the lazy river twice...kids shouldn't be allowed on this without parents because it's not very lazy when you're trying to fight off the kids who are trying to pass by you as quick as they can. Then we hit up one of the water slides in the back...it was pretty fun! Then the wave pool! By this time we got really tired changed and headed back over to the main park. My KI staff member friend and I hit up Diamondback. I got the 2nd row and it was crazy!!! It was so cool. After that we headed to the crypt.

The crypt: Glorified Ferris wheel. However, I was proud to see that the queue was dark with Red lighting. Once we got into the first room I was a little peeved because of the themeing that was no longer and just the amount of noise. We got into the holding room where you could see the gondola moving. The one thing I found cool about it was the "Crypt Bat" or whatever you want to call it actually moved and made noise! Upon getting onto the ride I was a little optimistic just because I could be! 2nd row toward the middle. The ride started, up forward then down backward, repeat, tilt toward the front, lean back, flip once, up forward then down backward, repeat, then up forward then face down, flip, and up forward then down backward and rest. Yea...not too fun. I was happy that the lights in the garage were off except for the stage lighting. We then headed toward The Vortex. We stopped at the diner to get something to drink. We got in line for The Vortex and the line was long! We got on...and man was it rough! We headed toward the Eiffel Tower after that. It's always nice to go up there and feel the breeze. We then watched the "Don't Stop the Music Show". One of the performer's had his son there and he was dancing to music before the show started and it was amazing! I've never seen a little kid dance that cool! We left the park after the show because we were tired and wanted Waffle House.

It was a great day overall!!!

Here are some pictures!

5004_1172838727148_1413420058_30471878_1

5004_1172838767149_1413420058_30471879_65004_1172838807150_1413420058_30471880_15004_1172838847151_1413420058_30471881_15004_1172838887152_1413420058_30471882_75004_1172841407215_1413420058_30471899_15004_1172841487217_1413420058_30471900_8

I was there yesterday as well and I really never left Nick Central Area. I got 4 rides in on Diamondback including one in the very front and back. Nick Central got a little less mild as fa as crowds go towards the end of the day and then the lines started to go down for those rides.

i <3 you chris! lol i loved your text updates and the banana thing was hilarious!!!

isn't row 2 on DB amazing!! its still my favorite, i dont care what kat and angie and steph say :P i prefer it to the back

and altho i guess i'm kinda happy that the gate is starting to pay attention to dress, i just hate how they're hypocritical over a knee length sundress compared to bikini's.... go figure....

i'm glad you had fun tho!!!

Love the photos! Thanks for sharing!

Ew, Diamondbacks splash down does look green...

Thanks!

Splash down's green look could have just been because of the sky....it was kinda gray out...so not sure if that played an effect onto the look of the splash down.

A great thing about the photos, I just took them with my phone!

i <3 you chris! lol i loved your text updates and the banana thing was hilarious!!!

isn't row 2 on DB amazing!! its still my favorite, i dont care what kat and angie and steph say :P i prefer it to the back

and altho i guess i'm kinda happy that the gate is starting to pay attention to dress, i just hate how they're hypocritical over a knee length sundress compared to bikini's.... go figure....

i'm glad you had fun tho!!!

love you too rachel, wish you could have been there with me! 2nd row is amazing! I forgot to mention for FOF I rode in the back and it was amazing! The Banana thing was amazing! I gave the guy a high five haha!

The sun dress thing was stupid..late on in the day we kept going "hey ashley, um you need to go to the waterpark you don't have shorts on." haha