06/30/2009

The Great Zo

A partial report for now, just to pass along some information:

1) Son of Beast is closed. This must be a new development. I don't think anyone around here has touched on that one yet. ( ;) )

2) It was pretty crowded in the main park -- especially for a Tuesday with a chance of rain in the forecast and temperatures only reaching the mid 70s.

-- I never saw The Beast at under 15 minutes or so. For the last few hours of the day, it was running at 30-40 minutes, even right up to fireworks time!

-- Delirium and Drop Tower were running at 25-40 minutes all day.

-- Diamondback was running at anywhere from 25-60 minutes for the regular queue. There was one 15-minute breakdown during the middle of the day. The single rider line was a lifesaver, cutting wait times down to 5-15 minutes. However, ride ops shut down the single rider line every now and then when too many people got in. Should this occur to you -- the single rider line will likely re-open within about 15 minutes, which still may be faster than the regular queue.

-- Firehawk was the longest wait of the day at 65 minutes. It looked to be around that long for most of the day.

-- Flight of Fear was one we skipped, and never appeared to be under 30-45 minutes.

-- Vortex was lined up well into the midway for most of the day.

3) On the contrary -- the cooler temperatures led to extremely short lines at Boomerang Bay. Most of the slides were walk-ons.

4) My friend lost his car keys below the brake run on Firehawk. A lesson to pass along -- if you do similar, come back to that ride as the final ride of the night (i.e. get in line as they are closing it down), and chat it up with the guys on the platform once all the other patrons are gone. We were assisted very quickly and graciously. They had picked up the keys during an earlier incident involving a patron who had climbed the fence and was summarily ejected from the park. Had they not already had the keys, it was noted that they would have retrieved them almost immediately upon final closure of the ride.

More tomorrow, but there's the stuff that may be of interest to people headed out to the park soon.

"1) Son of Beast is closed. This must be a new development. I don't think anyone around here has touched on that one yet. ( ;) )"

Are you kidding. Everyone has been discussing this for several weeks now: http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18266

And you're right it was fairly crowded yesterday and pretty cool. My friends and I just walked on to The Beast