RideWarriorNation.com Feedback

RWNContact

Per your feedback and information we are working to update ride cards and gather the correct images. In addition, since there have been multiple requests for a forum, I wanted to let you all know that we are already working on, and have been since it's inception, enabling a forum that will be accessible for members of the site.

~ RWNContact

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Problems I see:

No way to update the deck after choosing which park to filter things by

The card for KI's Invertigo shows the one at California's Great Adventure

The card for KI's Flight of Fear has an outdated photo (that ride hasn't had fog or over-the-shoulder restraints in years)

Some of the cards have incomplete information on them (the one for Wild Beast at Canada's Wonderland lists the velocity at 0mph)

No cards for Congo Falls, Fairly Odd Coaster, Viking Fury or White Water Canyon at KI even though cards exist for similar rides at other parks

Other suggestions:

Double-clicking a card to view it seems a bit odd. Any way this can be changed to single click (eg clicking on a card will allow us to view it)

Change the functionality so we can click something on the card itself to close or flip it (rather than having to click something next to or above/below the card)

To address your first concern, you are able to update the deck. The submit button appears while the drop down menu is open, but in some browsers it seems to appear over the back button or hidden towards the bottom of the screen, we are working to correct this, but it is still a little buggy. Overall, this is an issue of resizing and refitting for certain browsers and screen resolutions, the best bet is to optimize your screens resolution to view the site.

Next, we are working on swapping out photos.

Next, we understand that some of the cards have incomplete information, and are working to correct this, or at least have something other than 0 appear, such as "Not Listed".

Missing cards are a result of an issue regarding the uploading of the database, a problem that is still being resolved. For instance, when the site first launched a few weeks ago Behemoth from Canada's Wonderland was missing not as an oversite but as a technical difficulty.

Finally, we will consider your thoughts on functionality, however, the cards are already scheduled to have additional information on them, including a place to rank the coaster on a 1-5 star scale, which cuts down on space in the layout to add any more functionality to the cards themselves. In addition, have you noticed the shuffle rides option? This is the reason we require a double click. If you shuffle the rides you can drag, drop, and even throw the cards across the screen. Take a minute to play around with it, it's kind of addicting.

Other updates to come soon. Animations on the front page, a member accessible way to rank rides, a member forum, and games.

Again we appreciate the feedback. Thanks!

I just found out there are videos of some of the rides. Most of them I liked, but Son of Beast's was horrible. It was filmed in 2000, shows the loop, is in super fast motion and stops on the MCBR. Also Dominator's only shows 1 Clip of it at Kings Dominion all the rest was filmed in Geuaga Lake. I realize that the General Public wouldn't even notice, but I doubt barley any of the General Public will go to this Site, it's more of an enthusiast site. And also in the Intro Video it says Drop Zone...

on kings dominion's Drop Tower card, it says that it's the tallest drop ride in north american (it's 305ft tall) and Kings Island's Drop Tower is 315 feet tall

Theirs drops a longer distance. Our brakes stop the ride earlier than their ride.

He is right. Our Drop Tower drops us 264 feet. Also, that is the tallest non-gyro drop ride in North America. Our Drop Tower is the tallest gyro drop ride in the world.

What is the difference between a gyro drop and a non-gyro drop?

The car on a gyro drop spins around while it is ascending. Notice how our Drop Tower makes one full 360 degree revolution on its way to the top.

Intamin, considers Kings Dominion's Drop Tower a Gyro Drop.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted every one to know to look for some updates in the next 24 hours to RideWarriorNation.com . We have tried updating the cards per your feedback, in addition check out the park specific pages now by clicking on the map under the park section. Again there are some bugs, but we are working to fix this. By mid-August check back for discussion forums and ride rankings.

on kings dominion's Drop Tower card, it says that it's the tallest drop ride in north american (it's 305ft tall) and Kings Island's Drop Tower is 315 feet tall

Theirs drops a longer distance. Our brakes stop the ride earlier than their ride.

He is right. Our Drop Tower drops us 264 feet. Also, that is the tallest non-gyro drop ride in North America. Our Drop Tower is the tallest gyro drop ride in the world.

The car on a gyro drop spins around while it is ascending. Notice how our Drop Tower makes one full 360 degree revolution on its way to the top.

Well, then Intiman is wrong. Kings Dominion Drop Tower does not spin.

It shows it very clearly that is does NOT spin.

I have no clue if this is my computer or your site, but everytime I type in the URL it goes to the hope page, and half of the page is completely black, while the other half is the site, and I can watch half of the video and hear it..

that is the same with me. I dont know if its my computer or the site, but every time i try and get on it, it is all black except for th enumbers at the top and the picture at the bottom left corner. I can also hear the music, and click on things, but i cant see what i am clicking

Yup I have the SAME problem and have had that same problem since day 1 of the site :(

I have no clue if this is my computer or your site, but everytime I type in the URL it goes to the hope page, and half of the page is completely black, while the other half is the site, and I can watch half of the video and hear it..

that is the same with me. I dont know if its my computer or the site, but every time i try and get on it, it is all black except for th enumbers at the top and the picture at the bottom left corner. I can also hear the music, and click on things, but i cant see what i am clicking

Yup I have the SAME problem and have had that same problem since day 1 of the site :(

Raptor Jo,

Can you let me know what browser and version of Flash you are using? We might be able to have it debugged.

I does not have to spin to be considered a gyro drop. And Intamin considers it a gyro drop. I dont think they are wrong.

I does not have to spin to be considered a gyro drop. And Intamin considers it a gyro drop. I dont think they are wrong.

No, it does have to spin to be a gyro drop.

http://www.ridetrade.com/rti/index.php?opt...7&Itemid=37

Read it.

Also, if Kings Dominion DT was a gyro drop, then it would be the tallest gyro drop in the world. Last time I checked, it wasn't.

So, Kings Dominion DT is NOT a gyro drop.

No, it does have to spin to be a gyro drop.

http://www.ridetrade.com/rti/index.php?opt...7&Itemid=37

Read it.

Also, if Kings Dominion DT was a gyro drop, then it would be the tallest gyro drop in the world. Last time I checked, it wasn't.

So, Kings Dominion DT is NOT a gyro drop.

One, Intamin does not say the gyro model has to spin to be considered a gyro drop. Two, Paramount's Kings Dominion changed the gyro drop to fit the specific needs for capacity. Three, Kings Islands Drop Tower is the tallest gyro drop in the world, but Kings Dominions Drop Tower drops from a higher point.

STATS KI DT:

Height of Tower 315 feet

Height from which riders drop 264 feet

Maximum Speed 67 mph

STATS KD DT:

Height of Tower 305 feet

Height from wich riders drop 272 feet

Maximum Speed 72 mph

I have a major problem. When I'm on the site, not everything shows up. For instance, when looking at the ride cards page, only three rows of cards is shown, and then only a little bit of the fourth row. When I try to sort by park, only California's Great Adventure, Canada's Wonderland, Carowinds, and Cedar Point shows up, and I have no way to scroll down the list. Also, there are no buttons for me to go to another page.

I have a major problem. When I'm on the site, not everything shows up. For instance, when looking at the ride cards page, only three rows of cards is shown, and then only a little bit of the fourth row. When I try to sort by park, only California's Great Adventure, Canada's Wonderland, Carowinds, and Cedar Point shows up, and I have no way to scroll down the list. Also, there are no buttons for me to go to another page.

Please let us know what browser and version of flash you are using, so that I can better provide and answer. Thanks.

I have the same exact problem. And there's a black space at the bottom of the screen, where there's supposed to be "creeds".

I am using Internet Explorer 8 (the latest version of IE) , and the latest version of Adobe Flash Player.

I just figured out how to get it to work if you are using IE8. Use the "compatibility view" button located in your Internet explorer toolbar. Just to the right of your address bar. It looks like a "split peice of paper". It's in between your address bar, and the refresh button on my computer.