Diamondback 2 trains today?

corn4ahead

Yet again, Cedar Point's website excels:

WEATHER CONDITIONS THAT AFFECT RIDES

Rides will close due to weather conditions, particularly rain, high winds and/or lightning. A specific answer as to which rides close or remain open is not possible because varying degrees of inclement weather cause different effects on different rides. Those rides affected the most are the roller coasters and the high rides. Cedar Point makes every effort to reopen the rides as quickly and safely as possible after the adverse weather conditions cease. Sorry, no rainchecks or refunds.

Generally, the following weather conditions will affect the listed rides and attractions:

* HIGH WINDS - These rides MAY close depending on wind speed and direction: Demon Drop, Gemini, Giant Wheel, Magnum XL-200, Mantis, maXair, Mean Streak, Millennium Force, Power Tower, Raptor, RipCord, Sky Ride, Skyhawk, Skyscraper, Snoopy Bounce, Space Spiral, Top Thrill Dragster and Zoom Flume.

* ANY PRECIPITATION - These rides WILL CLOSE: 4 x 4's, Challenge Raceway, Demon Drop, Giant Wheel, Raptor, Top Thrill Dragster, Wildcat and Woodstock Express.

* STEADY RAIN - All rides listed under ANY PRECIPITATION and the rides listed below will close: Calypso, Corkscrew, Disaster Transport, Gemini, Iron Dragon, Magnum XL-200, Mantis, Matterhorn, Maverick, Mean Streak, Millennium Force, Skyscraper and Snoopy Bounce.

* HEAVY RAIN - All rides listed under ANY PRECIPITATION or STEADY RAIN and the rides listed below will close: Blue Streak, Junior Gemini, maXair, Mine Ride, Monster, Ocean Motion, Power Tower, Sky Ride, Skyhawk, Snake River Falls and Wicked Twister.

* LIGHTNING and SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS

All rides will be closed during the severity of the storm and will start to reopen as soon as the storm or lightening passes.

Please remember, it is not possible to specifically state which rides will be closed at a specific time because the varying degrees of inclement weather cause different effects on different rides.

Capitalization and emphasis as found in the original.

http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/park/rides/ride_policy.cfm

Would that Kings Island's website had anything even remotely similar. And, yet again, there is little reason to think that Kings Island's weather policy is all that different.

I was there all day on Friday and till about 5 on Saturday. I do know The Vortex broke and after that they only had 1 train The Racers had 1 Blue and 1 Red going The Beast had only 1 train going and the line was an hr+ wait and Diamondback was an hr wait as well and they had 2 trains going Saturday during the rain. I did not mind the rain all that bad as it wasn't heavy but i did mind waiting in line for an hr in the rain if there had been normal wait times i would have stayed.

Also on a side note it doesn't make sense to say certain rides are open till Midnight and then close them at 8pm till fireworks are over which is after 10pm. Its kinda misleading depending on how you look at it.

^KI has to close the rides that are within the "blast zone" so that riders do not get struck by falling debris. When Paramount had their festivities they did a good job of publicizing which rides closed early and which ones would be re-opened after the fireworks. Not sure is CF did as good of a job with that this year.

^KI has to close the rides that are within the "blast zone" so that riders do not get struck by falling debris.

I went to watch the fireworks at the Grooms Sports Complex in Blue Ash on the 4th. The paper and cardboard from the packaging of the explosives were falling from the sky onto people (including me). Also, there were *great balls of fire* coming from the sky on a few occasions... and landing on people. I don't believe anyone was seriously burned as I never saw medical personal.

^on monday they closed Diamondback durring the fireworks, and ran an empty train, and it is forever away from where they set off the fireworks.

I wonder why they did that. I rode Diamondback a couple weeks ago and watched the fireworks while riding. It was pretty sweet B).

I got 7 rides during the morning ERT today, and I was about to get my 8th when it went down mechanical. I waited until about 10:30, and one of the crew members told us it was going to be a while. We saw two maintenance guys carrying in some rather large piping, probably 2 ft diameter, under the station. Glad to hear it's back up.

The Beast did have a sign out infront of line throughout the course of the day stating that the line would close at 8am for the fireworks and then open back up after the fireworks were over. This is also what happens every night for the normal fireworks having to shutdown at 9:45.