Back in 1997

McSalsa

This video should bring back some memories for you:

This video was from Kings Island's Eiffel Tower in 1997. Nothing major was added that year, but Flight of Fear had just been added the year prior. Take a look especially at what is now Action Zone. Wow. Pretty shocking. Kings Island was great in the mid to late 1990s. And thanks to some poor choices, we now have to work back to that. Owch. :(

111% Coasterbob62's work. Be sure to check out some of his other videos. Here are some of my other favorites:

Son of Beast is coming.

Son of Beast has arrived! I had my first trip to KI as a kid back in 2000, and was shocked at the size of this coaster.

Diamondback has changed the landscape of KI considerably. Here is a before & after video.

The Beast 2009. Enough said. I love this ride.

King Cobra, may you RIP. You will be missed...by some. Others love Delirium too much to miss you.

DA DA DUM. :lol: You shall laugh!

He has many more good videos, so watch those too if you wish. He also has a bunch of Cedar Point videos, which was also at one time radically different. Enjoy!

Guest rcfreak339

This video was from Kings Island's Eiffel Tower in 1997. Nothing major was added that year, but Flight of Fear had just been added the year prior. Take a look especially at what is now Action Zone. Wow. Pretty shocking. Kings Island was great in the mid to late 1990s. And thanks to some poor choices, we now have to work back to that. Owch. :(

111% Coasterbob62's work. Be sure to check out some of his other videos. Here are some of my other favorites:

Son of Beast is coming.

Son of Beast has arrived! I had my first trip to KI as a kid back in 2000, and was shocked at the size of this coaster.

Diamondback has changed the landscape of KI considerably. Here is a before & after video.

King Cobra, may you RIP. You will be missed...by some. Others love Delirium too much to miss you.

He has many more good videos, so watch those too if you wish. He also has a bunch of Cedar Point videos, which was also at one time radically different. Enjoy!

What do you mean "poor choices"?

Son of Beast is coming.

What do you mean "poor choices"?

Well, a few choices were made for rides that just didn't work as well as hoped, and were over-hyped. And there was the transformation of Action Zone into a parking lot, sure there are great rides there, but they should have kept some of the trees to help it feel more natural. And some fun rides or rides that added to the atmosphere were removed for rides that just didn't work as well. HB Land was transformed into the, by comparison, generic-feeling Nick U.

However, Cedar Fair has done a good job reversing a lot of the bad choices made, mainly thanks to Diamondback. And they could easily add some scenery to Action Zone to make it look better, perhaps in a year where there are no plans for a major new thrill ride(this probably won't happen soon, however). It also appears Nick-U could be on the way out. I like how things look for KI now, and hope these new trends continue.

It is also possible that I am imagining the park as being better back then, based upon looks, as I didn't make my first trip to KI until 2000. The park just looked so beautiful in 1997, it's sad to see a lot of the lush green gone now.

Wow 97 was the first year I worked at ki, lots of memories. Poor Skylab all jacked up and never to ride again. I also checked out a lot of the other videos like the 99 media day, I worked on Face/off that year and I was there operating it that day.