KI needs an Intamin!

yournamehere

I actually talked to an enthusiast who's ridden over 600 coasters, (He's also ridden both Griffon and SheiKra.) and he felt that hypers are by far better than dive machines. While I wouldn't mind riding a dive machine, I'd rather see something innovative. I wouldn't be too disappointed with another B & M, though. ;)

I have visited BG in Williamsburg so many times and the difference between Apollo's Chariot and Griffon is monumental IMO. Yes Diamondback puts AC to shame but that first drop on Griffon is something uniquely special. For some people it is sheer terror when they halt the train before the drop. :P

A good invert would be nice and would really round out KI's variety. Since Raptor is still in my top 5 I'd have to vote for B&M. I'd love to see a Maverick type ride or a wing rider. Fast coasters that hug the ground are great and I love how Mav has those quick airtime hills. Other than that I would just ask that they continue to improve the rides they have. I really think they need to make the trims less pervasive and noticeable. (insert hoorah from dare-to-fly)

^^^Kings Island tried an Enterprise once...

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5444

It was a maintenance nightmare. I remember it almost always being down mechanical, because the ride would keep stopping at a tilt, i.e. it wouldn't go all the way down.

The three I have been on (Witches Wheel, Volcano, Zulu) all seem to be somewhat reliable. Bad maintenance?

What about an inverted LIM coaster like Volcano? juxsoh.gif

Am I the only one that thinks Volcano is highly overrated? The blast out of the volcano is fantastic, sure. But after that I think it's borderline snoozefest...

I love TTD, and would love to have one, but I kinda doubt it will happen. The dive coasters looks awesome...still glad was got DB first, it was a great 1st step, but I've heard nothing but great stuff about floorless dive coasters.

A more practical addition may be a wildmouse...put it in that spot by DB and call it the 'Rattlesnake'

If Intamin were to make a ride at KI. It should be launched. Nothing like KK or TTD. The launch would be just to build up the speed and then have it be a terrain coaster racing through the back part of the park in the woods. Sort of like The Beast but farther out into the ravine and wooded area behind The Racer/Beast/Vortex.

A more practical addition may be a wildmouse.

If KI wanted to build an addition that added to the park's coaster count and not spend as much as a bigger coaster then I'd agree. If you wanted to build something that would be a capacity nightmare and have long, slow-moving lines through the day all day then I'd also agree. Kings Island, quite honestly, already has issues with capacity on many of their rides so I'm not sure that would be the way to go, coaster-wise anyway.

Having said that, I'd agree with many others that the park needs a B&M invert. Some might say "well, the park has Invertigo", but look at Cedar Point. They have both Raptor and Wicked Twister, so this isn't unprecedented by a CF park.

If KI wanted to build an addition that added to the park's coaster count and not spend as much as a bigger coaster then I'd agree. If you wanted to build something that would be a capacity nightmare and have long, slow-moving lines through the day all day then I'd also agree. Kings Island, quite honestly, already has issues with capacity on many of their rides so I'm not sure that would be the way to go, coaster-wise anyway.

Having said that, I'd agree with many others that the park needs a B&M invert. Some might say "well, the park has Invertigo", but look at Cedar Point. They have both Raptor and Wicked Twister, so this isn't unprecedented by a CF park.

Ok we have 2 vekoma inverts Invertigo, and runaway reptar.

KI needs something equivelant to Maverick.

thats what I was thinking, when I was at Cedar Point, maverick was never down and it was the best one in the park, and the lines moved really quickly.

EDIT: ok it was down for like 20 minutes because of rain but we were inside and we all sang happy birthday to this random girl.

when were you there?

KI needs something equivelant to Maverick.

thats what I was thinking, when I was at Cedar Point, maverick was never down and it was the best one in the park, and the lines moved really quickly.

EDIT: ok it was down for like 20 minutes because of rain but we were inside and we all sang happy birthday to this random girl.

when were you there?

Last wedensday and thursday

Ok we have 2 vekoma inverts Invertigo, and runaway reptar.

And 3 Vekoma rides overall. IMO, thats 3 too many. B&M and Intamin all the way!

^ I agree about Invertigo and RR but disagree about Firehawk. Firehawk is definitely a step above the Supermen: Ultimate Flights (but WAY below Tatsu) from a total ride experience standpoint, IMO, minus the pretzel loops on B&M flyers. Having said that, I'd trade FH for a good B&M invert every day and twice on Sunday.

I know it's been mentioned in other places but it's interesting to see the direction CF and Six Flags are going, respectively. Outside of Magic Mountain's new coaster this year (and the one slated for next) Six Flags isn't doing much in the "bigger" coaster/ride department these days, while CF is ramping up with the Behemoth/Diamondback/KD's giga/Carowinds rumored B&M hyper combo. I'm actually more curious to see "when" CF decides to add another big attraction to the parks who recently either received new attractions or are getting them soon.